ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer letter for absence from the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tanvirni

Employer letter for absence from the UK

Post by tanvirni » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:55 pm

Do I still need this letter if I was out from the UK for holidays in total less than 180 days?

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:24 pm

Yes
Goodluck.

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:24 pm

What if someone was out of work and have taken holiday?

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:43 pm

rajesh9pl wrote:What if someone was out of work and have taken holiday?
Then you'd have to write a personal letter.
Goodluck.

hsmpilr

Post by hsmpilr » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:47 pm

But it is said
'evidence required'

not just an explanation. If we have taken a personal leave outside UK (say for a trip to bahamas) what is the evidence and reason here ?

By evidence I understand may be the in/out timestamps in passport
Reason ?

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:58 pm

hsmpilr wrote:But it is said
'evidence required'

not just an explanation. If we have taken a personal leave outside UK (say for a trip to bahamas) what is the evidence and reason here ?

Reason ?
Letters from shops and restaurants owners you visited. Videos of you having fun in the sun? Pictures of you drinking in a pub outside this country?
Honestly, I couldn't care less about the evidence. Just write a personal letter detailing your personal absenses.

Reason? You know that better. It can be from visiting family to being on holidays.
Stamps on your passport can serve as evidence.
Goodluck.

syed_ILR

Post by syed_ILR » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:47 pm

[iD] wrote:
'evidence required'

Reason ?
Letters from shops and restaurants owners you visited. Videos of you having fun in the sun? Pictures of you drinking in a pub outside this country?
Honestly, I couldn't care less about the evidence. Just write a personal letter detailing your personal absenses.

Reason? You know that better. It can be from visiting family to being on holidays.

looool!

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:54 pm

[iD] wrote:
'evidence required'

Reason ?

#

What about the beautiful Bikini Girls,in the swimming pool and on the beach,sun bathing . :D

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:11 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
[iD] wrote:
'evidence required'

Reason ?

#

What about the beautiful Bikini Girls,in the swimming pool and on the beach,sun bathing . :D
Might do. Or at the very least, a few pics of clear sky with sun shining.
Goodluck.

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:39 am

I am wondering why a letter for absences from employer is required when 180 days of absence is ignored.

What if I do not provide any letter and all my absences are within 180 days per year? Which requirement, I am not fulfilling here?

Why can't I say, I do not have any letter for annual leaves.

snowball001
Newly Registered

Post by snowball001 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:44 am

[iD] wrote:
rajesh9pl wrote:What if someone was out of work and have taken holiday?
Then you'd have to write a personal letter.
I think this will break the continuous stay. See the link below:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... us_perio_2
Note this:
Qa. Please confirm if the ILR candidate has to be in employment in the UK while the candidate is away (absence) from UK due to
personal reasons for less than 180 days in a year?

Aa. Absences due to personal reasons are not related to work or business, therefore any time spent outside of the UK for personal reasons would break continuity, regardless of whether or not the applicant was still employed in the UK.

Therefore Tier 1 holders can only have work-related absence(including annual leave) or absence for compelling reasons, without breaking continuous stay.
If someone takes a break outside uk between 2 jobs or takes unpaid leave during employment for personal reasons, it will re-set the clock.

This should be correct according to the current immigration rules, 245AAA (c), to be exact. But is this fair? Even Tier 2 holder can have 60 day absence without employment (correct me if I am wrong). Furthermore should 245AAA (c) be applied retrospectively?

hsmpilr

Post by hsmpilr » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:23 am

[qiote]

Aa. Absences due to personal reasons are not related to work or business, therefore any time spent outside of the UK for personal reasons would break continuity, regardless of whether or not the applicant was still employed in the UK.

Therefore Tier 1 holders can only have work-related absence(including annual leave) or absence for compelling reasons, without breaking continuous stay.
If someone takes a break outside uk between 2 jobs or takes unpaid leave during employment for personal reasons, it will re-set the clock.

This should be correct according to the current immigration rules, 245AAA (c), to be exact. But is this fair? Even Tier 2 holder can have 60 day absence without employment (correct me if I am wrong). Furthermore should 245AAA (c) be applied retrospectively?[/quote]
It is like this. UKBA has always applied changes in retrospect until the immigrants screamed and took the case to court.

To be clear what you mean here is 'Absences *outside* UK' as-long-as it is paid leave means there is no break in continuous stay whereas absences inside UK does not matter if it is paid or not for Tier 1 general. So are we supposed to submit the evidence from employer if is inside UK and unpaid ?

Is my understanding right ?

snowball001
Newly Registered

Post by snowball001 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:59 am

My opinion is absence always means period outside uk. No need for employer letter/no breaking continuous stay if u took leave inside uk- paid or unpaid.

Lmjr
Newly Registered

Re: Employer letter for absence from the UK

Post by Lmjr » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:50 am

Pls can we just be clear here. The form itself states a letter is needed for absences outside the Uk including periods of paid annual leave. What is not clear on the rule is whether a person was in between jobs and went away for holiday outside the UK. There seems to be contradicting views on the latter.

kpk1234

Post by kpk1234 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:49 pm

Does the letter have to be in last 30 days of applying for ILR?

Regards,

canon123
Member of Standing

Post by canon123 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:27 am

yes