ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Need help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rahul1977

ILR - Need help

Post by Rahul1977 » Fri May 31, 2013 2:20 pm

I am new to Forum and need help because I have appointment at Croydon next month.

How many number of proofs required for Cohabitation? I have below docs
1. Council Tax bill and letter from Council office as well
2. A letter from Estate Agent confirming staying at address since Aug' 10
3. My name on wife's passport
4. Marriage Certificate
5. Birth Certificate of the baby born in UK last year, but we are not applying for kid's ILR (will providing the certificate any problem)

Please let me know if I need any more docs?

Amber
Mood:

Re: ILR - Need help

Post by Amber » Fri May 31, 2013 2:25 pm

Rahul1977 wrote:I am new to Forum and need help because I have appointment at Croydon next month.

How many number of proofs required for Cohabitation? I have below docs
1. Council Tax bill and letter from Council office as well
2. A letter from Estate Agent confirming staying at address since Aug' 10
3. My name on wife's passport
4. Marriage Certificate
5. Birth Certificate of the baby born in UK last year, but we are not applying for kid's ILR (will providing the certificate any problem)

Please let me know if I need any more docs?
I assume this is a Set(m) application? You need to divide the 2 year period into 6 so roughly every 4 months. You then need one joint letter or a letter each for every 4 month period. The total number of different sources should be at least 3. So three sources could be, council tax, utility bill and credit card bill/bank statement. Things like the birth certificate are immaterial. The letter(s) need(s) to show your name(s), address and the date.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri May 31, 2013 2:28 pm

You need a minimum of 6 documents in joint names spread as evenly as possible over the full 2 years. If you don't have proof in joint names you'll need more than 6 in single names.
From your list you don't have enough at present. Amber's explained it very well.

Rahul1977

Post by Rahul1977 » Fri May 31, 2013 2:52 pm

Its SET(O) form, does it make any difference as compared to 6 docs in case of SET(M) form, Please confirm, I am really tensed now.

Birth certificate of baby born here has got address and names of both of us, so it should work.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri May 31, 2013 2:59 pm

Rahul1977 wrote:Its SET(O) form, does it make any difference as compared to 6 docs in case of SET(M) form, Please confirm, I am really tensed now.

Birth certificate of baby born here has got address and names of both of us, so it should work.
You still need to provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years) for set(o). So cover the period (up to two years) and spread the documents evenly (date wise) if you can.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Rahul1977

Post by Rahul1977 » Fri May 31, 2013 3:31 pm

I am really worried and my heart beat has increased and I am stuck now

one letter from agent and yearly council bills will not work????
We are planning to get a letter from GP and school as well?? will these letters work

We have been renewing our visa since 2007 together (2007, 2009, 2012)In December, 2012 we renewed our visa (Tier 2 Intra company), so will not this suffice the requirement of cohabitation.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri May 31, 2013 3:38 pm

D4109125 wrote:
Rahul1977 wrote:Its SET(O) form, does it make any difference as compared to 6 docs in case of SET(M) form, Please confirm, I am really tensed now.

You still need to provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years) for set(o). So cover the period (up to two years) and spread the documents evenly (date wise) if you can.

Rahul1977

Post by Rahul1977 » Fri May 31, 2013 3:44 pm

Sorry for being pain, we renewed our visa in December, 2012, so last 6 months docs will be sufficient???

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri May 31, 2013 3:56 pm

Rahul1977 wrote:Sorry for being pain, we renewed our visa in December, 2012, so last 6 months docs will be sufficient???
'Since you were last granted leave'. seems to speak for itself.

Rahul1977

Post by Rahul1977 » Fri May 31, 2013 4:05 pm

Thanks D4109125, you have given me relief