ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR due and uk born child

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nehagharge

ILR due and uk born child

Post by nehagharge » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:02 pm

Hi,

I will be due to apply for ILR in august.

I have UK born child. He has never travelled outside UK. Should we apply for the registration of BC for the baby at the same time of we applying ILR(PEO) or should we make a separate application on any other day.

Please advise.

Thx.

Amber
Mood:

Re: ILR due and uk born child

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:47 pm

nehagharge wrote:Hi,

I will be due to apply for ILR in august.

I have UK born child. He has never travelled outside UK. Should we apply for the registration of BC for the baby at the same time of we applying ILR(PEO) or should we make a separate application on any other day.

Please advise.

Thx.
The child doesn't need ILR once either parent has been granted ILR your child is entitled to register as British by virtue of section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:17 pm

nehagharge wrote:Should we apply for the registration of BC for the baby at the same time of we applying ILR(PEO) or should we make a separate application on any other day.
You cannot apply for registration as BC in person at PEO, but you can apply using NCS at a local council and they will photocopy your documents, return the originals to you and send your application to UKBA.

MN1 applications take about 1-2 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krisVisa

ILR child

Post by krisVisa » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:16 pm

Hello,
I am a little confused understanding the above conversation. My baby is 1 year and on Tier 1 Child visa. I presume when i go for ILR, I have to apply for her also as SET(F) form
Please confirm.

Amber
Mood:

Re: ILR child

Post by Amber » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:52 am

krisVisa wrote:Hello,
I am a little confused understanding the above conversation. My baby is 1 year and on Tier 1 Child visa. I presume when i go for ILR, I have to apply for her also as SET(F) form
Please confirm.
No as I said your child doesn't need ilr, register as him/her as British as soon as you are granted ilr.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

shuttlespy

ILR children born in UK

Post by shuttlespy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:36 am

Hello

I’m on Tier 2 visa along with my wife as dependent and two children born in UK. One of my children has a dependent visa however my second child is just born i.e. last week and I’m going to apply for my ILR in first week of August’13.

My question is:

1. If I don’t prepare my second child’ (born in UK) passport and apply for my ILR, is this ok?
2. Can I just apply for me and my wife’ ILR and then apply directly for Naturalization for my children?

Please advise in a bit more detail, I shall be very very grateful. I’m in a dilemma right now as solicitors are as always charging a fortune just to give a bit of information.

Many thanks

Ali
So many things to achieve and so little time....

Amber
Mood:

Re: ILR children born in UK

Post by Amber » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:00 am

shuttlespy wrote:Hello

I’m on Tier 2 visa along with my wife as dependent and two children born in UK. One of my children has a dependent visa however my second child is just born i.e. last week and I’m going to apply for my ILR in first week of August’13.

My question is:

1. If I don’t prepare my second child’ (born in UK) passport and apply for my ILR, is this ok?
2. Can I just apply for me and my wife’ ILR and then apply directly for Naturalization for my children?

Please advise in a bit more detail, I shall be very very grateful. I’m in a dilemma right now as solicitors are as always charging a fortune just to give a bit of information.

Many thanks

Ali
Once either parent is settled (granted ilr) the children will be entitled to register as British as they were born in the UK. Therefore if you and your wife settle then just get your children registered as British without getting them ilr.

shuttlespy

Post by shuttlespy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:19 am

D4109125 wrote:
shuttlespy wrote:Hello

My question is:

Many thanks

Ali
Once either parent is settled (granted ilr) the children will be entitled to register as British as they were born in the UK. Therefore if you and your wife settle then just get your children registered as British without getting them ilr.
Thanks Amber, you are a star!
So many things to achieve and so little time....

nehagharge

Post by nehagharge » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:37 pm

Thank u all for ur swift responses.

krisVisa

Post by krisVisa » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:44 am

No as I said your child doesn't need ilr, register as him/her as British as soon as you are granted ilr.
My baby is on dependant visa even then no ILR required?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:25 am

krisVisa wrote:
My baby is on dependant visa even then no ILR required?
Not if born in the UK and you become settled. No.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:29 pm

Amber is correct about UK-born children, who were previously born prior to parent's ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jojybaba

Post by jojybaba » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:26 am

What is about children born out side UK,before parent ILR,,

will they need 3 years in this country than can apply for nationality or?

plz reply whenever you have some spare time
Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:27 am

Depends on their age.

zkhawaja85717
Newly Registered

Post by zkhawaja85717 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:20 pm

HIE,

Am new here..can any body tell me one thing please.. me my wife and one kid is due for ILR in May 2014 but we have 2nd child who was born in uk.. do i have to apply for ILR for 2nd kid as well who is born in uk OR SIMPLY APPLY FOR JUST 3 of us me , wife and 1st child.

your reply will be of great help.

Many thanks

ZK

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:51 pm

zkhawaja85717 wrote:HIE,

Am new here..can any body tell me one thing please.. me my wife and one kid is due for ILR in May 2014 but we have 2nd child who was born in uk.. do i have to apply for ILR for 2nd kid as well who is born in uk OR SIMPLY APPLY FOR JUST 3 of us me , wife and 1st child.

your reply will be of great help.

Many thanks

ZK
Hello zkhawaja85717,
you only need to apply for yourself, your wife and your first child who i think was not born in the UK.
Once you are granted ILR, then you can use Form MN1 to apply for your (2nd) child born in the UK as BC.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

zkhawaja85717
Newly Registered

Post by zkhawaja85717 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:10 pm

Thank u so very much..yes 1st child was born in Pakistan..

zkhawaja85717
Newly Registered

Post by zkhawaja85717 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:07 pm

Hie ,

Can anybody plz confirm how much is the fees for a child born in UK if MN1 form is filled after the ILR of parents.

Thank you

ZAK