ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NEXT STEP AFTER PSW?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

varunne
Newly Registered

NEXT STEP AFTER PSW?

Post by varunne » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:01 am

i am a Lawyer by profession(non europian), entered to United Kingdom on June 2005 as a student visa holder,till 2009 i complited two diploma courses, then complited MBA ON 2011, and got Tire1 PSW visa which is going to expire on this October.

my wife is a qualified Quantity Surveyor(non europian) and 2 children(3years and 3 weeks) are my dependents.

what is the next step i should take.....please let me know the reliable options soon pleasE...

Alaso please let me know does Barrister (Bar-at-Law) course coming under Tire 4 ?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:08 pm

You can switch in to Tier 4 but with higher course/find employer sponsor for tier2/arrange finance for enterpreneur visa. etc.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

varunne
Newly Registered

Post by varunne » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:54 am

many thanks for your kindness...

do u think Bar-at-Law course coming under tire 4?

what you mean by Higher course? Shall i go for another master in Law (LLM)?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:47 pm

Due to academic progression reasons a student need to go on higher NVQ level course for example from level 7 to level 8 and there is a cap on degree level courses which is 6 years till Master level. Usually for Bar law training a student need to have UK earned degree in law. The following link can be helpful for you:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /how-long/
REGARDS

tier2chefs
- thin ice -

Re: NEXT STEP AFTER PSW?

Post by tier2chefs » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Joining a 3 years PhD. is the most viable option for you. Level 8 programme are exempt from 5 years cap.
varunne wrote:i am a Lawyer by profession(non europian), entered to United Kingdom on June 2005 as a student visa holder,till 2009 i complited two diploma courses, then complited MBA ON 2011, and got Tire1 PSW visa which is going to expire on this October.

my wife is a qualified Quantity Surveyor(non europian) and 2 children(3years and 3 weeks) are my dependents.

what is the next step i should take.....please let me know the reliable options soon pleasE...

Alaso please let me know does Barrister (Bar-at-Law) course coming under Tire 4 ?

varunne
Newly Registered

Post by varunne » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:19 am

many thanks.....
"Level 8 programme are exempt from 5 years cap" please explaine what you mean by this?
and also from the date of expire my PWS (OCTOBER 2013) afterwards i need to have only 1 year and 8 months to switch Indefinite visa(10 years long term visa), so please instruct me to do next step,

do you think Phd or LLM best choice?

COG11
Newly Registered

Post by COG11 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:43 pm

Hello,
I am currently under PSW but my visa expires in October this year. I have considered the options to renew it but my company doesn't have the license to sponsor me and the T4 is not an option for me.

At the moment I am doing an immigration process to go to Canada and I need to stay here in the UK for 6 more months (after my visa runs out) while I wait to the Canadian embassy to finish with my application.

Does anybody knows about any special permit that allows me to stay here while I wait for the Canadian residence??

thank you for your help.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:06 pm

varunne wrote:many thanks.....
"Level 8 programme are exempt from 5 years cap" please explaine what you mean by this?
and also from the date of expire my PWS (OCTOBER 2013) afterwards i need to have only 1 year and 8 months to switch Indefinite visa(10 years long term visa), so please instruct me to do next step,

do you think Phd or LLM best choice?
sheraz7 wrote:Due to academic progression reasons a student need to go on higher NVQ level course for example from level 7 to level 8 (PHD) and there is a cap on degree level courses which is 6 years till Master level. Usually for Bar law training a student need to have UK earned degree in law. The following link can be helpful for you:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /how-long/
REGARDS

varunne
Newly Registered

Post by varunne » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:23 am

many thanks for ur valuable informations...

if i switch to tire 4 how much i have to show as maintanance for me, my wife and two kids under 4 years of age inner london?...and how long( is it still 28days)?

and last i have complited MBA(level 7) so any chance i may switch to tire 4 with another level 7 cource (LLM)

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:02 pm

varunne wrote:many thanks for ur valuable informations...

if i switch to tire 4 how much i have to show as maintanance for me, my wife and two kids under 4 years of age inner london?...and how long( is it still 28days)?

For maintenance/funds requirement you should refer to the following tier 4 policy guideline. Read it carefully:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

and last i have complited MBA(level 7) so any chance i may switch to tire 4 with another level 7 cource (LLM)
Due to academic progression reason you need to join level 8 course or you can repeat another level 7 if the new course enhance the scope/progression of your existing qualification e.g moving from MBA to MA Economics/Marketing etc. LLM is not similar to MBA
REGARDS

varunne
Newly Registered

hi...

Post by varunne » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:31 am

many thanks for ur valuable answers...

i have desided to switched to tire 4(Phd) from psw...
please let me know the approx calculation for the maintenance for me , my wife and 2 kids who are below 4 years and currently living in london...also i am keep searchinh any universites in london....

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: hi...

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:58 pm

varunne wrote:many thanks for ur valuable answers...

i have desided to switched to tire 4(Phd) from psw...
please let me know the approx calculation for the maintenance for me , my wife and 2 kids who are below 4 years and currently living in london

www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigr ... /how-much/

...also i am keep searchinh any universites in london....
www.ucas.com/
REGARDS

varunne
Newly Registered

Post by varunne » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:56 pm

may i switch to tire 4 course MSc in International Management with Finance , part time in a university? as u know i have done MBA already...do you think its will be maintain the continuation to the MBA and maintain the level?
please let me soon to apply to this university...

varunne
Newly Registered

Post by varunne » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:00 pm

is this above mentioned course enhancing the scope/progression of my existing qualification?

please let me know soon

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:32 pm

To meet tier 4 requirement part time courses cannot be studied, these are for UK/EEA national students.
REGARDS

varunne
Newly Registered

Post by varunne » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:46 am

Many thanks and if i go for full time do i have working rights(20 hrs) also is this above mentioned course enhancing the scope/progression of my existing qualification?

please let me know soon

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:00 pm

varunne wrote:Many thanks and if i go for full time do i have working rights(20 hrs) also is this above mentioned course enhancing the scope/progression of my existing qualification?

please let me know soon
Apart of academic progression criteria you must be aware regarding the student degree cap/limit as explained in previous posts.
REGARDS

sibychan007
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 1 PSW to Tier 1 General

Post by sibychan007 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:21 am

Dear Friends,

Can anyone give me some details about switching from PSW to Tier 2 visa. I would appreciate if you could give your contact details if you have recently moved from tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 General.

I have one more question : Can Tier 1 PSW dependent switch over to Tier 2 General within UK??

Many Thanks

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Re: Switching from Tier 1 PSW to Tier 1 General

Post by Nefertiiti » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:58 pm

sibychan007 wrote:Dear Friends,

Can anyone give me some details about switching from PSW to Tier 2 visa. I would appreciate if you could give your contact details if you have recently moved from tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 General.

I have one more question : Can Tier 1 PSW dependent switch over to Tier 2 General within UK??

Many Thanks
You can switch from Tier 1 to tier 2 general as long you meet the requirements, which you can find on the UKBA website. The main requirement is that you need company sponsorship.
Nefertiiti

varunne
Newly Registered

hi

Post by varunne » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:54 pm

now i have desided to start ACCA....is it ok with my perivious MBA?...ACCA what is the level?