ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cover letters formats avaliable for HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

niruv

Cover letters formats avaliable for HSMP

Post by niruv » Thu May 24, 2007 6:48 am

[ Admin NOTE :

Clearly the thread is high value, so (upon request) I'm making it a sticky.

HOWEVER ... people, please refrain from chattering in this topic. To keep it high-value, please just read it and only post when you have something of substance to contribute.

We have far too many sticky threads and it's a MAJOR pain to keep on them .. which we haven't because it takes so much work and time.

Niruv, thank you very much for your contribution here. Thank you to everyone who helps keep this topic updated with high-value content.

the Admin ]

Original post by Niruv:
_______
Dear Friends,

I see so many members in this forum are requesting for various cover letter formats for HSMP. So I thought it will be useful for all of us if these covers letters are avaliable under one thread.
I have used the following formats and i got HSMP approval.

Please find the HSMP main cover letter format below.

Dated: XXXXXX

To
The Immigration Officer,
Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP)

Dear Sir/Madam,
Greetings,

I XXXXXX, wish to apply under highly skilled migrant program (HSMP) category.

Following are the list of documents provided with my HSMP application.

1. Educational Background - 35 points claimed

Documents provided:

1) Original Masters Degree Certificate. (Master of Computer Applications)
2) Original Masters Degree Provisional Certificate
3) Original three years memorandum of marks

2. Past Earnings -35 points claimed

The tax year in India starts from 01st April and ends in 31st March. So my latest Income Tax Returns cover the period from April-2005 to March-2006.
But my claim period starts from Feb-2006 to Jan-2007. Hence my latest Income Tax Returns cover only two months (i.e. Feb-2006 and March-2006) of my claim period.

Documents provided:
1) 12 months salary slips sealed and signed by finance manager XXXXXX. (Salary slips submitted from Feb-2006 to Jan-2007.)
2) Bank Statements for the claim period showing my Net salary credited into HDFC Bank.
3) Letter from Employer stating my Gross and Net salary earnings from Feb-2006 to Jan-2007.
4) Latest Original SARAL form (Income Tax Returns) which covers two months of my claim period (i.e. Feb-2006 and March-2006)
5) Copy of Form – 16 given by the employer. As original Form – 16 is retained with Income Tax Department I have provided copy of Form – 16.

3. Age Assessment - 20 points claimed

Documents provided:
1) Original Birth Certificate.
2) Original Driving License.
3) Notarized copy of Passport. Continued…

4. English Language Requirement:

Documents provided:
1. Original Bachelor Degree Certificate. (Bachelor of Commerce)
2. Original letter from XXXXXX University stating that my Bachelor of Commerce degree was taught in English
3. Original Bachelor Degree Provisional Certificate. (Bachelor of Commerce)
4. Original three years memorandum of marks. (Bachelor of Commerce)

Total Points Claimed: 90 Points
1. Education: 35 Points
2. Earnings: 35 Points
3. Age: 20 Points

I have also provided detailed covering letter for each section.

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or queries or require additional information do not hesitate to contact me on [0091-XXXXXX] or alternatively via email XXXXXX.

Thanking you,

Sincerely,

[XXXXXX]

Note: Please post your suggestions and advises if any.

Thanks!!
Niruv
Last edited by niruv on Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

niruv

Post by niruv » Thu May 24, 2007 6:55 am

Cover Letter format for Earnings Section:

[b]Dated: XXXXXX

To
The Immigration Officer,

Dear Sir/Madam,
Sub: Cover letter for Past Earnings Category.

The tax year in India begins in 01st April and ends in 31st March. So my latest Income Tax Returns cover the period from April-2005 to March-2006. But my claim period starts from Feb-2006 to Jan-2007. Hence my latest Income Tax Returns only cover two months (i.e. Feb-2006 and March-2006) of my claim period.

I have claimed 35 points for the gross income [INR XXXXXX or £ XXXXXX] earned by me form Feb-2006 to Jan-2007 from my current employer in India. Since the entire 12 month period can not be covered through the available Income Tax Returns, I am providing two exceptional evidences and one required evidence for the whole period.

As per Annex-C of HSMP guidelines I am providing the following evidences.
Documents Submitted for HSMP Approval:
Exceptional evidence:
1) 12 months bank statements form HDFC bank where my salary is credited. (From Feb-2006 to Jan-2007.)
2) Letter form the employer stating my gross and net salary earnings for the 12 month claim period from Feb-2006 to Jan-2007.
Required evidence:
1) 12 months salary slips sealed and signed by finance manager XXXXXXXX.
2) Original SARAL form (Income Tax Returns) which covers two months of the claim period (i.e. Feb-2006 and March-2006) I have also attached copy of Form – 16 given by the employer.
Following table shows the gross earnings of each month and the proof provided:
S.No Month Gross Salary in INR Rs. Income tax returns Salary Slip Bank Statements Letter from employer
1 Feb-06 XXXXXX Yes Yes Yes Yes
2 Mar-06 XXXXXX Yes Yes Yes Yes
3 Apr-06 XXXXXX No Yes Yes Yes
4 May-06 XXXXXX No Yes Yes Yes
5 Jun-06 XXXXXX No Yes Yes Yes
6 Jul-06 XXXXXX No Yes Yes Yes
7 Aug-06 XXXXXX No Yes Yes Yes
8 Sep-06 XXXXXX No Yes Yes Yes
9 Oct-06 XXXXXX No Yes Yes Yes
10 Nov-06 XXXXXX No Yes Yes Yes
11 Dec-06 XXXXXX No Yes Yes Yes
12 Jan-07 XXXXXX No Yes Yes Yes
Total INR XXXXXX
Continued…
As per Oanda.com Currency Converter ® Results
Live mid-market rates as of 2007.01.31
1 GBP = 86.73 INR
XXXXXX INR = XXXXXX GBP

Employer details:
Mr. XXXXXX, (Finance Manager)
XXXXXX,
XXXXXX,
XXXXXX
Ph: 0091-080- XXXXXX Ext: XXXXXX
Fax: 0091-080- XXXXXX
Email: XXXXXX

Thanking your sir,

Yours truly,

XXXXXX[/b]

Thanks!!
niruv
Last edited by niruv on Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

niruv

Post by niruv » Thu May 24, 2007 10:39 am

Letter format for English Language Requirement

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that Mr. XXXXX was a student of the XXXXX University in Bachelor of Commerce degree program from the year 1996 to1999.

He was awarded Bachelor of Commerce degree in the First Class division in the year April 1999 under Regd. No: XXXXX.

This is also to certify that Bachelor of Commerce is a degree program with the medium of instruction in English. Consequently all the three years were taught in English Language.

Registrar

niruv

Post by niruv » Thu May 24, 2007 10:40 am

Letter format for past earnings from the employer

"

February 21, 2007
To whomsoever it may concern

This is to certify that Mr. XXXXXXXXXXX is employed with XXXXXX India Limited
since XXXXXXXXXX. His Gross Salary Earnings for the period XXXXX – 2006 to XXXXXX – 2007 are amounted to
Rs. XXXXXXXXX (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX) which include the bonus of
Rs XXXXXXXXXX (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX) paid in XXXXXXXX. Following table shows detailed
Gross and Net Salary Earnings.

"

Gross and Net salary Earnings of Mr. XXXXXXX from FEB - 2006 to JAN - 2007

Emp Code : Emp Name : xxxxxxxx
Sex : M PAN : xxxxxxxx
Date of Joining : xxxxxxxx Designation : xxxxxxxx

From Feb-2006 to Jan-2007 Feb-06 Mar-06 Apr-06 May-06 Jun-06 Jul-06 Aug-06 Sep-06 Oct-06 Nov-06 Dec-06 Jan-07 TOTAL
Earnings Rs. Rs. Rs. Rs. Rs. Rs. Rs. Rs. Rs. Rs. Rs. Rs. Rs.
Basic xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx
Medical Reimbursement xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx
House Rent Allowance xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx
Conveyance xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx
Special Allowance xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx
Bonus xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx
Food and Other Allowances xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx

Total Gross Earnings xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx
Deductions
Provident Fund xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx
Professional Tax xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx
Income Tax xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx
Other Deductions xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx
Total Deductions xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx
Net Salary Credited to HDFC Bank A/C No: XXXXXXXXX Rs.

xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx
"For XXXXXXXXX
Yours sincerely,

XXXXXXXX
Manager - Finance"
Last edited by niruv on Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

niruv

Post by niruv » Thu May 24, 2007 10:43 am

Cover Letter for EC
Dated: XXXXXXXXXX

To
The British Deputy High Commission
Chennai

Dear Sir/Madam,
Greetings,

Sub: My Application for UK visa under HSMP scheme

I XXXXXX, wish to apply for UK visa under HSMP scheme. My HSMP application has been approved on XXXXX and the reference number for the same is XXXXX.

In this connection I have enclosed all the necessary documents. Please refer to page 2 for the list of enclosures.

I have received a job offer letter from UK employer, XXXXXXXX and as per the offer letter; my initial one month accommodation in UK will be provided by the employer at company’s guest house.

I also have sufficient bank balance (i.e. INR XXXXX or GBP XXXXX) for the initial stay in UK.

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or queries or require additional information do not hesitate to contact me on [XXXXXXXX] or alternatively via email XXXXXX.

Thanking you sir,

Yours truly,

XXXXXX

niruv

Post by niruv » Thu May 24, 2007 10:46 am

Letter to arrange courier pick up

Date: XXXXXXX

XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX

Sub: Arranging a Courier for Pick Up of Originals.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I XXXXXXXXX am applying for the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme under the qualifying criteria - Under 28 Years.

This is to inform your kind office that, I would like to arrange a courier to collect my original documents and the decision letter, once a decision is made on my HSMP application.

I request the HSMP Team to provide me details of the contact person, date of pick up etc., once a decision is made on my HSMP application, so that I can make the required arrangements to pick my original documents.

For further queries, kindly contact me at: +91-XXXXXXXXXXX or Email: XXXXXXXXXXX

Yours truly,

XXXXXXXXXXX

niruv

Post by niruv » Thu May 24, 2007 10:55 am

Letter format for Accomodaiton\invitaion

Name xxxxxxxxx
Address xxxxxxxxx
London XXXX
Tel Home: +44 (0) 888888888
Mobile: +44 (0) 8888888888

Date: xxxxxxxxxxx

To

HSMP Team

Sub: Invitation for XXXXXX - Passport No XXXXXX

Dear Sir / Madam,

This is to inform you that I would like to invite Mr. XXXX, a close friend of mine, who is applying for the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme. After he receives an approval from the Home Office and arrives in the UK, he will be staying with me, until he finds a suitable job and accommodation.

I own/rent a 2-bedroom house at the above address, which is currently occupied by my wife and myself. I have no problems in accommodating him in my house. I have attached my council tax bill and tenancy agreement as a proof of residence and a copy of my passport (you can include any other documents which shall be helpful). Please consider his case favourably.

I will be accommodating him until he gets a stable job. I would like to assure you that XXXX and myself would not claim any public funds in this regard.

If you need any further details with regard to accommodation, please do not hesitate to call me or email me at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yours Truly

Name xxxxxxxxx

Enclosures:

 Council Tax Bill
 Tenancy Agreement or House Registration Papers
 Copy of Passport [where ever details are mentioned]
 Bank Statements for 3 months
 Latest Pay Slip
 Utility Bills

niruv

Post by niruv » Thu May 24, 2007 11:07 am

Letter for Financial statement from CA

XXXXXXXXXX
Chartered Accountants
XXXXXXXXXXX, Koramangala,
Bangalore XXXXXXX Ph.XXXXXXX Cell XXXXXXX

I, XXXXXXXX, Chartered Accountant, Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, certify that I have received the financial position of XXXXXXXXX with a view to establish his ability to live and work in U.K. under Highly Skilled Migrant Programme ( HSMP-Work Permit). Further I certify that on the basis of information and explanations given to me and based on the evidence produced, he has the following bank balance, investments in his name and a house in his father’s name.

Amount in Indian Rupees
In the name of xxxx xxxx

1. Balance in Savings Bank Account with HDFC bank as on April 11, 2007 XXXX
in the name of XXXXXXXXX.
The bank balance includes INR XXX being loan taken by his father in the past
and refunded on 7th April, 2007 INR XXXX, 10th April, 2007 INR XXXXX and
11th April INR XXXX.

2. Investment in Mutual Funds as on April 11, 2007 in the name of
xxxx xxxx xxxx
Mutual Fund Name Purchase Date Folio No. No. of Units NAV per unit Total NAV
xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Total INR xxxx
_______
Total amount of Bank Balance and Mutual Funds xxxxxxxx

The source of the above Bank Balance and Investments is savings from his salary.

In the name of xxxxxxxx (Father of Sri. xxxxxxxx)
3. Residential house measuring 2812 square feet in the name of xxxx xxxx xxxx
at Door No. xxxx, Town Survey No. xxxx, xxxx Nagar, xxxx r,
xxxx – xxxx, INDIA– approximate market value as on 11-April-2007 xxxx xxxx ________
Total amount of Bank Balance, Mutual Funds and Fixed Asset xxxx xxxx
(Rupees XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)

(xxxx xxxx)
Date : xxxx xxxx Membership No. xxxx xxxx
Place : xxxx xxxx
Last edited by niruv on Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

niruv

Post by niruv » Thu May 31, 2007 2:45 pm

If someone have different formats please upload

niruv

Post by niruv » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:43 am

does anyone have review letter formats?

niruv

Post by niruv » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:29 am

Covering letters for job plz....

ssvgopal

Covering Letter for EC

Post by ssvgopal » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:55 am

All,

As requested by someone on the boards, I am copying snippets from my covering letter.
With this, I got employer enquiry and I think Bank also. The ride was smooth, finally.

Regards,
Sai

======================
Mr. XYZ
Mrs. ABC
FULL ADDRESS
....INDIA
Phone : +91-(landline),
+91- (husband’s mobile)
+91- (wife’s mobile)
Email :
Date Month Year
To,
The British Deputy High Commission
Chennai/CITY-of-UK-Embassy, India

Subject : Entry Clearance Application of Mr. XYZ & Mrs. ABC
Dear Sir/Madam:

My full name is XYZ, Z being my Surname. I am an Indian national, born on … and resident of …, India. I have applied for HSMP in …date, and my initial application had been kindly approved by Work Permits(UK) with Reference number : … on …date (valid upto …date). Myself and my wife, ABC(pre-marital name being …), wish to apply for Entry Clearance to the UK, to come to the UK.
All the required supporting documentation is enclosed along with the EC application forms. Upon being kindly granted the EC for both of us, we plan to travel to the UK on …date. We kindly request the British Deputy High Commission to process our EC applications, and issue the EC for both of us with Effective Date from …date.

Marriage Documentation :
• Marriage Registration certificate
• Entry of husband’s name in wife’s passport
• Entry of wife’s name in husband’s passport
• Joint Bank Account statement from BANK-name, Branch-name,City
• Marriage photographs

Finances in UK :
• Financial support from my friend, PQR staying in London on Work permit.
o Letter of financial support, stating his willingness to help us financially in case the need arises. { If you have a sponsor for accommodation as well as finances, it will be really helpful. }
o Council tax receipt
o 4 months Payslips
o 1 month Bank statement
o Latest P60 certificate
• Statement of Salary Account with Bank-name, A/c no. …. Account balance is in excess of … INR ~ … GBP(at 1GBP = 82 INR as on 27th June 2007 given by www.xe.com).
o I’ve taken a loan of … INR from Bank-name, City-name to fund my expenses in the UK, this amount being reflected in the enclosed Bank statement. The loan agreement letter from Bank-name is also enclosed.
o The Bank contact details are enclosed below :
BANK-NAME
Area …
Address …
Tel +91-
Fax +91-
Weekday : Monday to Friday, Timings : 10.00 - 4.00
Weekend : Saturday, Timings : 10.00 - 1.00
WeeklyOff : Sun

Finances in India :
• Statement of Joint savings account & Copy of Passbook. Account balance is in excess of … INR. The Savings Account Number is ….
The bank details are provided below :
BANK-NAME, branch-name, City-name.
Branch Code : …
Branch-Address…
Phone : +91-40-…, +91-40-…
• Company Pension Fund Accumulation since …(mention year here), … INR. I plan to withdraw this PF amount and deposit the proceeds to my BANK-NAME Account. The online statement for the PF accumulation is enclosed till …date. Tax(at applicable rates of around 30%) would be deducted on these proceeds, and the net proceeds are expected to be around … INR.
• I own a Bullet Machismo 350cc bike and Maruti 800cc Euro-2 car, both taken under loan. The bike’s loan is cleared, and the car loan is due till this …year. I plan to clear off the remaining car loan for the 2 months, sell both of them and deposit the proceeds to my BANK-NAME Account.
o The car and the bike were originally priced at 2,45,000 INR(in Sept’2002) and 75,000 INR(in Oct’2004), and are expected to fetch around 1,00,000 INR and 55,000 INR respectively in the second hand market.
o The bike and the car RC copies are provided along. The letter from BANK stating the completion of the bike loan is provided. The letter from BANK stating the complete tenure of the car loan is also provided.
o The net proceeds from the sale of these vehicles is expected to be around …INR(after deducting the remaining 2 EMIs for July/August: 4372 + 4372 + 2.5% foreclosure charges).
• Total finances available for my financial commitments in India would be … + … + … = … INR.

Current Employment Documentation :
Myself, XYZ, am employed with COMPANY, a division of BIG-COMPANY, based in CITY, as a PRESENT-ROLE. I am working on PRESENT-DOMAIN and have been with COMPANY since …year. I am enclosing my Joining letter, payslips, hike/promotion letters, experience letter, recent bonus letter, ID card copy, visiting card as proof for my current employment with COMPANY.
• Joining Letter
• All Hike/Promotion Letters
• Payslips(last 12 months)
• Experience Letter
• Salary account statements in SALARY-BANK, CITY-name from MONTH-YEAR till …date
• IT returns filed in India for the past 3 years(2003 to 2005). (Please note, that the IT returns for the financial year 2006-07 is not filed because the Form 16 was not issued till date by COMPANY. Enclosed the mail-communication with COMPANY HR in this regard.)
Contact details of Mr. EFG, COMPANY Finance for verification purposes :
EFG, COMPANY-NAME
ADDRESS
Phone : + 91- Mobile : +91-
Email : … Fax : +91-…
• Recent bonus letter given in May 2007
• COMPANY Pension Fund Accumulation, online statement(from third party agency maintaining the employee PF funds) since 2003 till 2007.
• Office Address :
COMPANY
ADDRESS
Phone : +91-…. Extn : …
Fax : +91-…
Email : …

Travel Plan :
• I will bear the cost of the travel for myself and my wife to the UK. The air travel cost is expected to be around … INR.

Plan while in UK :
• The cost of initial accommodation in London will be borne by myself. I booked a hotel accommodation for a week for both of us from 26th July till 2nd Aug 2007 at 301 GBP. The online booking receipt is attached along with the EC application. The booking details are mentioned below :
Booking Ref : … in www.bhrc.co.uk
Room details : Double Basic - This room can occupy 2 adults
HOTEL ADDRESS
Phone : +44 (0) … Fax : …
• Subsequently, we plan to find a suitable rented accommodation. We are expecting the cost of combined accommodation to come around 350 GBP per month. Other miscellaneous expenses to come around 300 BGP per month.
• I am applying to job adverts in the job websites jobserve, reed, hays, cwjobs, progressive, totaljobs. I’ve recently interviewed for a Software Engineer position in the company client-company-name based in London.
o The interview details along the email communications with the consultant(name) are enclosed.
o Most of the companies I interacted showed interest in my CV, but were asking me to be physically available in the UK for further discussions. So, I expect to find a suitable position shortly after arriving in the UK.
o My current CV is also provided.
• My wife is applying to job adverts in the field of …. She expects to get a job shortly after she arrives in the UK as she had previous experience working for UK firms in India.

Please find enclosed below, the details of the supporting documentation that was provided for the Initial HSMP application.
Evidence supplied for Age :
• Original Birth Certificate [ Q.53 ]
• Notarised copy of personal details page of Passport [ Q.54 ]
• Copy of Driving Licence [ Q.54 ]
HSMP Points awarded : 5
I am a post-graduate in STREAM, having completed my MTech(Master of Technology) in INSTITUTE during the academic year 1997-98. This course is equivalent to Masters programme in UK.
Evidence supplied for Academic Qualifications :
• Original MTech Degree Certificate [ Q.24.1 ]
• Also enclosed the original letter issued by the Institute in 20th Feb’01, to correct the spelling-mistake in my Name as written on the MTech Degree certificate(corrected from “XyZâ€

niruv

Cover letter for Review

Post by niruv » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:47 pm

To make all the coverletters avaliable at one thread, this review letter is copied form
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=17279

COVERING LETTER

To DT:
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

Dear Sir/Madam,

Ref: HSMP Initial Approval Application with Ref No: XXXXX.

Sub: Request for your Review and Re-consideration of the HSMP Initial
Approval Application of MR.XXXXXX.

This is to bring to your kind notice that I, XXXXX, have applied for the HSMP Initial Approval on the 5th of XX 2007. I was provided with a reference number: XX and on the 21st XX2007, a decision was made on my Application and unfortunately, my Application was refused.

REASON FOR REFUSAL

I have provided you with my last 12 month Original salary slips as 1st Evidence.
I have provided you with my Original IT returns (ITR1) for the financial year 2006-2007 as 2nd Evidence.

My application was refused with a reason stating that SARAL form is the acceptable evidence towards Tax return from INDIA and that the ITR1, which I have provided as an evidence for Tax return, is not acceptable. Hence no points for previous earnings category were awarded.

MY CLARIFICATION

Income Tax Department of India has amended the rule concerning the forms used to file Income Tax returns with effect from 14th May 2007.As a result of this amendment in the Income Tax rule, the SARAL form is now SCRAPPED and is REPLACED with 8 other types of forms.

They are ITR1, ITR2, ITR3, ITR4, ITR5, ITR6, ITR7 & ITR8.This amendment in the rule is officially published with the title,

INCOME-TAX (FOURTH AMENDMENT) RULES, 2007
NOTIFICATION NO.169/2007, DATED 14-5-2007

And is available in the Income Tax Department’s official website,

http://law.incometaxindia.gov.in/Taxman ... aspx?md=31

with topic title Notification: 169; Date of Issue: 14/5/2007 in full detail.
I am including the relevant excerpt from the amendment, for your perusal and reference.
INCOME-TAX (FOURTH AMENDMENT) RULES, 2007
NOTIFICATION NO.169/2007, DATED 14-5-2007
In exercise of the powers conferred by section 295 of the Income Tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961) (hereinafter referred to as the Act), the Central Board of Direct Taxes hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Income-tax Rules, 1962, namely:-
1. (1)These rules may be called the Income-tax (Fourth Amendment) Rules, 2007.
(2) They shall come into force on the 14th day of May, 2007.
2. In the Income-tax Rules, 1962,-
(a) for rule 12, the following rule shall be substituted, namely:-
Return of income and return of fringe benefits
12.(1) The return of income required to be furnished under sub-section (1) or sub-section (3) or sub-section (4A) or sub-section (4B) or sub-section (4C) or sub-section (4D) of section 139 or clause (i) of sub-section (1) of section 142 or sub-section (1) of section 148 or section 153A or the return of fringe benefits required to be furnished under sub-section (1) or sub-section (2) of section 115WD relating to the assessment year commencing on the 1st day of April, 2007 or any subsequent assessment year shall, -
(a) in the case of a person being an individual where the total income includes income chargeable to income-tax under the head salaries or income in the nature of family pension as defined in the Explanation to clause (iia) of section 57 but does not include any other income except income by way of interest chargeable to income-tax under the head income from other sources, be in Form No. ITR-1 and be verified in the manner indicated therein;

In accordance with the above amendment, All the Salaried Individuals (who doesn’t have income other than salary) now will MANDATORILY have to use form ITR1 to file their Income Tax returns and since I am a salaried employee I had to use form ITR1 for filing my Income Tax returns. After submission we are given an acknowledgement receipt with all standard earning details duly sealed by the Tax Official, which is the Income Tax return document.

I wish to bring to your kind notice that any salaried employee, who is filing his Income Tax returns in India after 14th May 2007 will be using only ITR1 because it is the appropriate form under the Tax Department’s directive and No one can get IT returns on SARAL form because it has become NON-EXISTANT. Its usage now could be Illegal.

Moreover the Original ITR1 document which I have supplied as the 2nd piece of evidence should be acceptable because it is in proper compliance to the definition of a “Tax Returnâ€

shakirpa2002

Name Issue

Post by shakirpa2002 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:32 am

Hi All

I am palnning to apply for HSMP by the end of this month... So i am facing an issue now... in my certificates like SSLC Book, Digree cirtificate etc... my name is Shakir P A, but in salary slip it is Shakir Abdulkhader, in saral it will be Shakir Ponnezhath Abdulkhader and in the passport also Shakir Ponnezhath Abdulkhader .

Where P expands to Ponnezhath &
A expands to Abdulkhader

So whether it will make any probs when i apply for HSMP.

What is the solution to resolve this

niruv

Post by niruv » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:13 am

Hi shakirpa2002

What i can suggest is get an affidavit saying that all these names belongs to you.

Cheers,
Niruv

shakirpa2002

Post by shakirpa2002 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:47 am

Thanx niruv....

from whom should i get the affidavit any for mat for this????

Any body have faces such issue....

With regards
Shakir

sshanmug

Post by sshanmug » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:24 am

Wonderful work Niruv . Thanks a lot.

If anyone has letter format regarding the source on income to one's bank account (say, a gift from father to son for his HSMP) please post it.

Thanks in advance.

niruv

Post by niruv » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:41 am

sshanmug,
it is there in this thread letter from CA

sshanmug

Post by sshanmug » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:14 am

Niruv ... Thanks for your reply ... What I need is say, my father is gifting me 4 lakh for my HSMP ... I guess I have to attach a letter for EC stating that " i am gifting 4 lakh ... to my son ... blah blah ..." .

Do u have any such format?

Whether it is sufficient to get that letter in ordinary paper or I have get attested from a Notary?

U have any idea on that?

Thanks

shakirpa2002

Post by shakirpa2002 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:48 am

HI Niruv can u plz update me about the Affidavit....

whether i have to take it from notary india or uk???

any format available fro this??

niruv

Post by niruv » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:22 pm

where ever u stay? either india or UK. I took it from india

Rudresh
Newly Registered

FLR(HSMP) Cover Letter

Post by Rudresh » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:56 am

Applicant's Name
Address Line 1
Address Line 2
City
Postcode
Mobile:
Email:
Date

To,
Border and Immigration Agency - FLR (HSMP)
7th Floor
Fountain Precinct
Balm Green
Sheffield
S1 2JA

Re: Application for FLR (HSMP) subsequent to HSMP approval Ref xxxxxx.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please find enclosed herewith my FLR (HSMP) application and required documentation under the Highly Skilled Migrant programme.

My HSMP application was approved in August this year with approval Ref xxxxxx. I wish to apply for further leave to remain. Along with the completed FLR (HSMP) application form, I have enclosed the following documentation

· Original HSMP approval letter.
· Passport
· Two Recent Passport sized photographs of myself.
· And as evidence of funds to maintain and accommodate myself without recourse of public funding, I have enclosed
Three recent pay slips.
Bank statements for the last 3 months (salary income highlighted).

Should you need to contact my employer regarding payslips, please call the administrative department on xxxxxxxx(Extension: xxx), the name of the direct contact is Mr. xxxxxxx

Should you, at any time while processing the application, require further information in relation to any aspect of application, please do not hesitate to contact me via any modes of communication noted at the top of this letter.

Kind Regards,

Your Name

hsmpapp

Help regarding HSMP application

Post by hsmpapp » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:42 pm

Hi,

I will be applying for HSMP by this month end. I read on this forum that we need to attach a excel sheet of monthly salary slip details. Now i have all salary slips attested and stamped from my company. In salary slip, there is a column of standard monthly gross and another column with actual monthly gross(standard monthly gross + bonus etc). Which of the above two amounts should be included for HSMP points calculation??

Also i have ITR1 acknowledgment from Income Tax dept which doesnt cover full period claimed by me. So does i come under exceptional consideration section? I have the Bank statement of complete period. Do you recommend me to submit ITR1 acknowledgment as primary evidence?
Acknowledgment doesnt include HRA under yearly monthly gross though salary slips include HRA also . Shud this create a confusion for HSMP officials?

Please help me for getting a successful HSMP approval.

Regards,
Hsmpapp [quote][/quote]

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:00 pm

can anyone help with the format for gift deed from father to daughter of 3 lacs?

rocky

HI

Post by rocky » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:37 am

I wud be sending my docs either on the 30th of sept or by2nd of oct just wanted to know if i claim pts for the period sept'06 to aug07 without sending them the sept'07 docs will that be ok.. hope they wudnt reject stating that current mnth sal slip missing..
plz advice