ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Final Checklist for EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jd
Member of Standing

Final Checklist for EC

Post by jd » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:43 pm

Dear buddies,

I'm going to apply for EC next week from Islamabad Pakistan. I'm very much worried about this. I'm listing all the documents which I'm going to submit with my visa application.

I've around 5 lacs deposit in my account for EC.
Please have a look at the list and let me know your critical views about these. Are these enough? Do I need anything else?

1.Completely filled and signed EMPLOYMENT FORM (VAF2 OCT 2007).
2.Original Passport
3.HSMP approval Letter
4.TB Screening letter (confirming that I’m clear of infectious TB).
5.Printout of email from my friend in UK stating that I’ll be staying with him.
6.Original IELTS test report form
7.My updated CV.
8.Original letter of equivalence from NARIC (UK) confirming that my master’s degree is equivalent to British Bachelor degree standard.
9.Original degree certificate of Master of Computer Science attested by Higher Education Commission, Pakistan.
10.Original detailed marks certificate of Master of Computer Science attested by Higher Education Commission, Pakistan.
11.Original degree certificate of Bachelors of Computer Science attested by Higher Education Commission, Pakistan.
12.Original detailed marks certificate of Bachelors of Computer Science attested by Higher Education Commission, Pakistan
13.Original Intermediate (12th grade) certificate from Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education Rawalpindi.
14.Original Secondary School (10th grade) certificate from Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education Rawalpindi.
15.Original certificate (and card) from Microsoft indicating that I’m Microsoft certified professional.
16.Work experience letter from my employer where I have been working since 01 November 2000.
17.Original letter from employer stating my total Gross income and Tax deducted in 12 months (Oct 2006 to Sep 2007).
18.Thirteen (13) Salary slips from Oct 2006 to Oct 2007.
19.Printout evidence of job search from different UK jobsites showing job advertisements which are relevant to my area of expertise. I’m very much hopeful that I’ll get a job in two months after entering UK.
20.Original bank statement of my salaried account (in MCB bank where my salary is deposited each month) 01 Jan 2006 to 16 Nov 2007. The statement shows my current account balance around 5 lac. I’ll be bringing this money with me to UK to support my initial expenses.

Regards,
JD

pdeshpande

Post by pdeshpande » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:22 am

Hi jd,

I have applied for EC with more-or-less with similar douments. But I think you also need to attach last 2 yrs Income Tax Returns, Covering Letter. Also, specific to my case, I have shown Credit Cards worth Rs.3,30,000, bank balance of around Rs.7,00,000, National Savings Certificates worth Rs.43,000. I have also given a letter stating that I need a post-dated EC (Jan 15 2008). Let me know if you need any more info.

Now keeping my fingers crossed for EC approval.

Regards,

pdeshpande

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:29 am

Hi pdeshpande,

yes off course I'll attach cover letters but I'm not providing them ITR intentionally (I've the returns + National Tax Number certificate though).

I want to be specific (I think the docs are more than enough according to their checklist in new forms-VAF2). I don't want to put a bundle of docs in front of visa officer and provide reasons for confusion. I want to send accurate docs according to their requirements so they can decide my application without any doubt (Yes they can verify the docs as I'll mention in cover letters.)

Thats my thinking! What do you think about this?

Thanks very much,
JD

pdeshpande wrote:Hi jd,

I have applied for EC with more-or-less with similar douments. But I think you also need to attach last 2 yrs Income Tax Returns, Covering Letter. Also, specific to my case, I have shown Credit Cards worth Rs.3,30,000, bank balance of around Rs.7,00,000, National Savings Certificates worth Rs.43,000. I have also given a letter stating that I need a post-dated EC (Jan 15 2008). Let me know if you need any more info.

Regards,

pdeshpande

pdeshpande

Post by pdeshpande » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:33 am

Hi JD,

I guess it is mandatory to submit ITR when applying for HSMP approval. Hence all the documents are needed to apply for EC, that you had submitted when applying initially for HSMP. Rest I think your list of docs is fine. Jut my 2 cents for the ITR though.

Regards,

pdeshpande

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:16 am

Thank you pdeshpande,

I don't think its necessary to submit all documents from Pakistan nor anywhere mentioned? my friend got visa without submitting the documents but I that could be one off case so I want to be careful.

I'll add ITR (last 2 years) + NTN certificate in my list (that doesn't harm anything, right!).

Anyone else's experience? Please reply as discussion make things clearer.

Regards,
JD
pdeshpande wrote:Hi JD,

I guess it is mandatory to submit ITR when applying for HSMP approval. Hence all the documents are needed to apply for EC, that you had submitted when applying initially for HSMP. Rest I think your list of docs is fine. Jut my 2 cents for the ITR though.

Regards,

pdeshpande

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:26 pm

Anyone from Pakistan?

siqbal

Post by siqbal » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:48 pm

Hi JD,

Its my understanding from my friends and colleagues; who got approval in EC after HSMP, that one needs to supply the whole bunch of documents to BHC for Visa that one sent for HSMP application.

In case there are additional documents, like in your case, salary slip for the month of October and updated bank statement; then you need to send them as well.

Regards
S.I

PS: From which city are you going to apply for EC?

dev

Post by dev » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:00 pm

Hi pdeshpande/JD,

I guess you would also applied with VFS2, the new application form
Can you please clarify some points

1. Is there anything in the VFS2, where you can ask for post dated VISA

2.Section 4-Sponsor, what did you fill in here....
is the person who is providing the initial stay for you or what ?

Thanks,
Dev
pdeshpande wrote:Hi jd,

Regards,

pdeshpande

pdeshpande

Post by pdeshpande » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:45 am

Hi Dev,

Glad you mentioned these 2 important points. Everybody kindly read these points mentioned below as they had significant impact atleast with me.

1. There is no mention of of posted-dated EC in the new VAF2 Form, hence I had given a covering letter for post-dated EC and had stated the reasons why I needed post-dated EC. You also need to SPECIFICALLY tell the VFS people that you need a post-dated EC so that they mention the same to the BHC.

2. Regarding Sponsor, I too had made a similar mistake of filling up the whole page as my brother-in-law is providing my accomodation till I get a job and shift to my new home. Hence, thinking I would need these details to be filed-up, but the VFS people cancelled the entire page saying that is needed ONLY in case of complete sponsorship e.g. monetary as well as accmodation (similar in case of student visa). So, pls DO NOT fill-up this page. Any more enquiries are welcome.
Hope I am helpful to you, Dev.

Regards,

pdeshpande

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:26 am

Hi,

This (posted-dated EC) was not mentioned in early version of the form but when I downloaded the form yesterday there was an option with a date asking to put intended date of travel to UK.

So please check the form even an hour before submitting the application. They keep changing the form without informing people.
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front ... 4919208354

Regards,
JD
pdeshpande wrote:Hi Dev,

Glad you mentioned these 2 important points. Everybody kindly read these points mentioned below as they had significant impact atleast with me.

1. There is no mention of of posted-dated EC in the new VAF2 Form, hence I had given a covering letter for post-dated EC and had stated the reasons why I needed post-dated EC. You also need to SPECIFICALLY tell the VFS people that you need a post-dated EC so that they mention the same to the BHC.

2. Regarding Sponsor, I too had made a similar mistake of filling up the whole page as my brother-in-law is providing my accomodation till I get a job and shift to my new home. Hence, thinking I would need these details to be filed-up, but the VFS people cancelled the entire page saying that is needed ONLY in case of complete sponsorship e.g. monetary as well as accmodation (similar in case of student visa). So, pls DO NOT fill-up this page. Any more enquiries are welcome.
Hope I am helpful to you, Dev.

Regards,

pdeshpande

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:28 am

Hi siqbal,

I'm going to apply from Islamabad.

Regards,
JD
siqbal wrote:Hi JD,

Its my understanding from my friends and colleagues; who got approval in EC after HSMP, that one needs to supply the whole bunch of documents to BHC for Visa that one sent for HSMP application.

In case there are additional documents, like in your case, salary slip for the month of October and updated bank statement; then you need to send them as well.

Regards
S.I

PS: From which city are you going to apply for EC?

maidy

hi JD

Post by maidy » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:31 pm

Hi JD,

its better to exclude documents u mentioned at Serial no. 13 & 14. These are more than additional.

also need to provide copy of the identification docs of ur friend offering you initial stay. like what is his immigration staus? wht type of house he got there. etc.

gud luk
Maddy

jd
Member of Standing

Re: hi JD

Post by jd » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:44 pm

Hi maidy,

yes you are right these are more than additional but these doesn't make any harm. Anyway, I'll try to exclude these.

My friend mentioned the details in his email. But what if I don't provide them the other details you mentioned?

Anything else?

Regards,
JD
maidy wrote:Hi JD,

its better to exclude documents u mentioned at Serial no. 13 & 14. These are more than additional.

also need to provide copy of the identification docs of ur friend offering you initial stay. like what is his immigration staus? wht type of house he got there. etc.

gud luk

scholarshk

For Pakistan

Post by scholarshk » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:44 pm

Hello Everyone,
As Salaamu Alaikum

All I want to say (For Pakistani applicants) is that the more detail you try to provide, the more evidence you have to give to defend yourself.

Just give the necessary things mentioned in BHC Islamabad checklist. No need to show that you've spent hours searching the internet and HSMP forums. Just act as "BHOLA" and that you are busy in your job and expect that after HSMP approval, its mandatory to have the EC approved.

I've seen on the forum and thus know that Indian applicants have to face some tough verification, sort of HSMP re-assessment, but its different (atleast till present) in Pakistan.

In my point of view, there's no need to attach the Income Tax returns, coz. its not mentioned in VAF2. Only wage slips are.
VAF2 is'nt even asking for the amount of savings you have for your stay!

Regards,

SHK

P.S: Old VAF are still acceptable till 16th of November.

jd
Member of Standing

Re: For Pakistan

Post by jd » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:59 pm

Dear scholarshk, wa salam.

Thanks for your comments.

what do you say on my list of documents above?

Regards,
JD
scholarshk wrote:Hello Everyone,
As Salaamu Alaikum

All I want to say (For Pakistani applicants) is that the more detail you try to provide, the more evidence you have to give to defend yourself.

Just give the necessary things mentioned in BHC Islamabad checklist. No need to show that you've spent hours searching the internet and HSMP forums. Just act as "BHOLA" and that you are busy in your job and expect that after HSMP approval, its mandatory to have the EC approved.

I've seen on the forum and thus know that Indian applicants have to face some tough verification, sort of HSMP re-assessment, but its different (atleast till present) in Pakistan.

In my point of view, there's no need to attach the Income Tax returns, coz. its not mentioned in VAF2. Only wage slips are.
VAF2 is'nt even asking for the amount of savings you have for your stay!

Regards,

SHK

P.S: Old VAF are still acceptable till 16th of November.

scholarshk

OK

Post by scholarshk » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:14 pm

JD, I think they are just fine.

Will be finer if you ask your friend to send photocopy (or scanned copy by e-mail) of his passport and visa pages. And Utility (gas/elect./telephone etc.) bills of last 2-3 months.

jd
Member of Standing

Re: OK

Post by jd » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:41 pm

Thanks scholarshk,

Actually, he is a colleague of mine in our London office on Indefinite leave now and my relation is more formal than personal. We have been working in same company together for 7 years and he'll give the required information if I ask but I don't want to ask him!

He has provided his contact details in the email and will do his best if he get a verification call..

So this is the situation.. Now if you guys say than I'll ask him and he'll send all the required information..

Regards,
JD

scholarshk wrote:JD, I think they are just fine.

Will be finer if you ask your friend to send photocopy (or scanned copy by e-mail) of his passport and visa pages. And Utility (gas/elect./telephone etc.) bills of last 2-3 months.

scholarshk

Mein kiya meri auqat kiya

Post by scholarshk » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:39 pm

:? What can I say, I am a learner too just like all of you.

I can only say "Marzi hai".

Regards,

SHK

jd
Member of Standing

Re: Mein kiya meri auqat kiya

Post by jd » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:11 pm

Thanks scholarshk and all others...

This mean I should LOCK this list and go to submit my application...

Thanks buddies..

JD

siqbal

Post by siqbal » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:22 am

Hello JD,

Salam,

First of all, Thank you for putting up a very valuable post.. :) :)

Can you please answer my following questions:

1. Why you are going to attach Bank Statement along with your VAF2?

2. Are we must require to show 4~5 lac amount in bank? It is not mentioned in VAF-2?

3. I have two accounts, one in which salary is being transferred and one in which i keep savings? Should I send both bank statements? as the salary account contains around 50K while saving contains more than 3Lac (or around this figure).

4. On the documents checklist page of VAF2, under Highly Skilled Migrant, it is mentioned "Attach Job Offer". Do we need to check this box in case we are supplying job searches etc (as what we provided in clause 6.1.3).

Following is my documents list to be sent along with VAF2:

1. Whole document package i sent to Home Office UK as part of HSMP application. PLUS one salary slip for the month of OCT-07.
2. HSMP Approval Letter.
3. Bank Statements of two accounts for last 13 months (OCT-06 to Date)
4. Original Passport
5. Filled VAF-2 form
6. Work Experience Letter
7. TB Screening Letter (Its in process currently)
8. Printouts of Job searches and emails exchanged with recruiters.
9. Cover Letter

Let me know if I am missing something.

Regards
S.I
Lhr

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:57 am

Hi siqbal,
1. Why you are going to attach Bank Statement along with your VAF2?
Because the bank statement contains salary transactions and shows available money in account for my initial expenses in UK.

2. Are we must require to show 4~5 lac amount in bank? It is not mentioned in VAF-2?
This is not requirement of visa form. I've called 8865 to know about supporting documents and they didn't mention this too. But I think its better to tell them that you won't avail any funds from UK gov and you have enough money to support you until you get a job.

3. I have two accounts, one in which salary is being transferred and one in which i keep savings? Should I send both bank statements? as the salary account contains around 50K while saving contains more than 3Lac (or around this figure).

Yes you should send both. One to show salary transactions and second to show enough funds I think 3 lac are good enough

4. On the documents checklist page of VAF2, under Highly Skilled Migrant, it is mentioned "Attach Job Offer". Do we need to check this box in case we are supplying job searches etc (as what we provided in clause 6.1.3).

No, you don't need if you don't have a job offer.

Following is my documents list to be sent along with VAF2:

1. Whole document package i sent to Home Office UK as part of HSMP application. PLUS one salary slip for the month of OCT-07.
2. HSMP Approval Letter.
3. Bank Statements of two accounts for last 13 months (OCT-06 to Date)
4. Original Passport
5. Filled VAF-2 form
6. Work Experience Letter
7. TB Screening Letter (Its in process currently)
8. Printouts of Job searches and emails exchanged with recruiters.
9. Cover Letter

I think the list is more than enough. By the way, what else can you submit :)

Regards,
JD

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:02 am

Hi all,

I called this morning at Gerry's no 8865 and they suggested me to submit following evidences with my application.

1) All educational documents.
2) Experience letters.
3) Current employment evidence.
4) Bank statement.

When I called and asked for HSMP visa checklist of supporting documents, the guy put me on hold and after about a minute he came back and told me this list.

Regards,
JD

siqbal

Post by siqbal » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:57 am

Hi JD,

Thanks for providing us information.

I am planning to file my application at the start of upcoming week.

Can you please tell me if there is some way to fill form on computer rather filling it manually?

Regards
S.I

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:44 am

I filled the form by hand after taking printouts.
siqbal wrote:Hi JD,

Thanks for providing us information.

I am planning to file my application at the start of upcoming week.

Can you please tell me if there is some way to fill form on computer rather filling it manually?

Regards
S.I

immaad

Place to stay in UK

Post by immaad » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:20 pm

Hello,
I will be applying for HSMP EC in dec, I am giving an address of a friend in UK to stay who has just completed his MS there and now looking for jobs. Is that references fine? And do I need a letter from him too? or just his address in the form is enough.

thanks