ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Passport application (ILR JR Ruling)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

supercreature

Child Passport application (ILR JR Ruling)

Post by supercreature » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:02 am

My Child was born after I got the ILR stamped on passport. Child was born in May09. ILR granted in July09. The home office Letter stating the ILR should be treated back-dated from April09 due to JR Ruling.

Now IPS (Passport Service) agent called me and said that the letter is "Information only" and they "normally" see the date on the passport stamp.

I have explained my situation to IPS and she referred my case to her Boss.
I also called Home office and they confirmed that their system is not able to put backdated stamp that is why the complementary letter was issued.

Anyone went through the similar situation?

vinny

Re: Child Passport application (ILR JR Ruling)

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:30 am

supercreature wrote:My Child was born after I got the ILR stamped on passport. Child was born in May09. ILR granted in July09. The home office Letter stating the ILR should be treated back-dated from April09 due to JR Ruling.

Now IPS (Passport Service) agent called me and said that the letter is "Information only" and they "normally" see the date on the passport stamp.
If the letter is not acceptable, then wonder if the UKBA will issue a Confirmation of British nationality status (cost 75) for the child? Will this be acceptable?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

supercreature

Post by supercreature » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:24 pm

Really not sure... I'm waiting for the final decision right now from IPS. I may try to call them this week to see what they are up to.

supercreature

Post by supercreature » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:36 am

This Time IPS didnt object. They have sent me the baby's passport quickly. :)

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:49 am

:D
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.