ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Questions - Need Help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coolwater267

ILR Questions - Need Help

Post by coolwater267 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:05 pm

Hi,

I am going to apply for ILR under HSMP (JR). I have few questions and please I would like detail answers.

Here is my story.

I got HSMP on 16 Jan 2006 and landed in UK on 21st Jan 2006. I have been in employment all my time in UK. Here is the breakdown of my travel since I entered UK.

Leisure Trips Departure Date Entery Date Total Days

Holiday 1 14/04/2007 15/05/2007 31
Holiday 2 14/11/2008 16/11/2008 3
Holiday 3 28/01/2009 26/02/2009 30

Leisure Days 64

Business Trips
Business Trip 1 24/08/2007 15/11/2007 84
Business Trips 2 17/11/2007 12/01/2008 57

Business days 141

Total Days 205

If someone can answer all these questions that will be great.

1. Please can anyone tell me how to calculate total number of days spent abroad? I have been reading about different ways. Some people say don’t count departure/entry days, some say don’t count weekend. I have calculated days according to different ways, please can anyone tell me which one is correct and which one should I use. If possible you can provide back up documents for method suggested?

- I spent maximum of 64 days (31+3+30) in 4 years of holidays. And I spent total of 141 days on business trip (84 + 57 days).
- Am I in the prescribed times????

2. What is the earliest date can I apply (in person). Entered UK on 21st Jan 2006 so 28 days early is 25th Dec, can I apply on 27th Dec, if home office is open. Or got HSMP on 16th Jan so 28 days early is 20th Dec, can I apply on 21st Dec.

3. Do I need to take Life in UK and ESOL Tests?

4. What documents do I need to attach with my application (If possible can someone provide the detail list of documents). I have gathered a list myself, is it ok? Please add if you think I need more documents. Please also comment on required periods of each document.

- Original HSMP letter issued by Home Office
- HSMP extension letter issued by Home Office
- Bank statements (What period to cover and how much money do I need to show in the account. Me and My wife only).
- Payslips ( What period to cover)
- P60 ( What period to cover)
- Letter from employer
- Letter from employer for working abroad
- Do I need to show proof of address etc
- Any other document.
-

5. I lost my passport after staying in UK for one year. In that one year I didn’t leave UK. I got new passport and visa on it. Please can anyone tell me how I can show that I didn’t leave UK during that period? Can I show my bank statement proving that I was in UK.

My wife is living with me. She came to UK on 10 April 2009. She is my dependent.

6. Can she apply with me for ILR? Vinny told me she can, I just wanted to reconfirm it.

7. Does she need to take Life in UK test and ESOL? (The SET (O) form does not state weather she is exempt or not. It states ex-HM Forces spouse is exempt). (Obie told me can does not need to but I could not find the document stating it)

8. What extra documents do I need for her?

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:23 pm

1. Please can anyone tell me how to calculate total number of days spent abroad? I have been reading about different ways. Some people say don’t count departure/entry days, some say don’t count weekend. I have calculated days according to different ways, please can anyone tell me which one is correct and which one should I use. If possible you can provide back up documents for method suggested?

ALL days are couted except departure and entry day

- I spent maximum of 64 days (31+3+30) in 4 years of holidays. And I spent total of 141 days on business trip (84 + 57 days).
- Am I in the prescribed times????
u have exceeded the limt of 6 months , senior officer will take decision
will require investigation by them (std words of HO) if you unable to give employers letter then they will not entertain yr application at all

2. What is the earliest date can I apply (in person). Entered UK on 21st Jan 2006 so 28 days early is 25th Dec, can I apply on 27th Dec, if home office is open. Or got HSMP on 16th Jan so 28 days early is 20th Dec, can I apply on 21st Dec.
dont apply in person it will mostly waste of time and moeny , still u can take chancce as i have taken but result is they need
investigtion , once applicant exceet 3 months and 6 months limit.

3. Do I need to take Life in UK and ESOL Tests?

jr case dont need this

4. What documents do I need to attach with my application (If possible can someone provide the detail list of documents). I have gathered a list myself, is it ok? Please add if you think I need more documents. Please also comment on required periods of each document.

- Original HSMP letter issued by Home Office
- HSMP extension letter issued by Home Office
- Bank statements (What period to cover and how much money do I need to show in the account. Me and My wife only).
- Payslips ( What period to cover)
- P60 ( What period to cover)
- Letter from employer
- Letter from employer for working abroad
- Do I need to show proof of address etc
- Any other document.
-

what they ask to give them , take all when applyng inperson , in post u can give all

1. employers lettere for foreign trip
2. bank statements 3-6-12 months depend on case worker
3. All p60 / p45 / selfassessments /

but give what they ask u

5. I lost my passport after staying in UK for one year. In that one year I didn’t leave UK. I got new passport and visa on it. Please can anyone tell me how I can show that I didn’t leave UK during that period? Can I show my bank statement proving that I was in UK.

in this case u must not go in person u r wasting yrextra payments

My wife is living with me. She came to UK on 10 April 2009. She is my dependent.

6. Can she apply with me for ILR? Vinny told me she can, I just wanted to reconfirm it.

yes

7. Does she need to take Life in UK test and ESOL? (The SET (O) form does not state weather she is exempt or not. It states ex-HM Forces spouse is exempt). (Obie told me can does not need to but I could not find the document stating it)

no

8. What extra documents do I need for her?

none - unless they ask u
CDOKS