ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

want to bring my girlfriend in dublin

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

daniele777
Newly Registered

want to bring my girlfriend in dublin

Post by daniele777 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:49 pm

Hi everybody,

I posted a message a while ago regarding my will to bring my thai girlfriend in Dublin (the post is here : http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#299153). Since then we faced a lot of obstacles and, even if she's a skilled professional, I learnt that, for the moment :

1. Wanna study in a college/university and you are a non-EU without a lot of money? Impossible.
2. Wanna work in Dublin? More than impossible.

Recently I found an English school that is really cheap and that, at least, will allow her to improve her english for 1 year ( and at the same time, finally live with me). The problem is that, at the moment, she doesn't have 7000 euros for the bank statement for the student visa application of 1 year study. I want to act as her sponsor, so I sent an email to the irish immigration office asking about this and they say that i can do it provided that i can support myself and that i can prove my relationship with her (i have plenty of emails, chats, pics, letters..).

I just want to know your opinions about this procedure. For example, they wrote that she should have direct access to the 7000 euros for the first year: what is the most common way to let her have access to this money? I want to do it in the most precise, legal and safe way so that the irish immigration officer will be so pleased and happy of the correctness of the documents that he will start dancing for the joy.
Another question would be what sum of money should I roughly have to be considered as an eligible sponsor (to support her and myself at the same time)?

Thank you for your replies and congrats for the nice forum! Is really useful!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:47 pm

Danielle, have you and this person, ever lived together, or being in a relationship for 2 years or more. If you have, then she will be covered under the EU treaty, if you can demonstrate that she is a Permitted Family member of yours.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

daniele777
Newly Registered

Post by daniele777 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:08 pm

Hi Obie,

thanks a lot for your reply. We have been together since last september but i dont have any document to prove it (no shared bank account, no shared accomodation and we are together since just 6 months). In fact, I want to bring her here so that hopefully we can finally start living together and accumulate time and requirements to eventually ask for a future partner visa (but wait a sec! So ireland finally followed UK stance about the definition of family member of EU citizen?It's official?).

At this point the only feasible solution I've found seems to be this english course. Do you have any suggestions about the procedure of giving her access to the 7000 euros for the student visa? Thanks again!

Cheers,

Daniele

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:41 pm

Danielle, you can write an undertaking together with your bank statement, payslips you have showing source of your income abd also showing you have 7K to provide for her, and also the fact you would not have difficulty providing that in the future.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

daniele777
Newly Registered

Post by daniele777 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:48 pm

Hi Obie,
thanks for your reply. This is the reply that i got from the irish immigration office:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your enquiry.

Yes, you can act as your partners sponsor once you can prove that you have
a relationship with the applicant (eg. e-mails, letters, Photos etc.)

You must provide a letter of support and a 6 month bank statement showing
that the applicant has access to at least €7,000.

Kind Regards
Visa Office
--------------------------------------------------------------

Now, last question i promise:

So, if I understood well, I just need to provide :

1) Letter of support where I declare that I will support my girlfriend as a sponsor.
2) 6 months bank statement of MY CURRENT bank account where it can be seen the incomes, the amount of money (more than 7000), etc etc.
3) Pics, emails, tickets and so on to prove that i have a relationship with my girlfriend.

No need to open a shared bank account with her or give her the 7000 euros by bank transfer, etc etc.
Just show my current bank account details in the 6 months bank statement and declare that I will support her with the letter of support.

Correct?

Thanks a million!

Daniele