ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Tier1 rejected

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Goru
Newly Registered

HSMP Tier1 rejected

Post by Goru » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:42 pm

Hi All,

My Tier 1 (HSMP) visa application rejected on 18th Aug 2010.

The past is like this

I have represented Forex Plus Card statement and bank letter as a required fund proof.

Forex Plus Card is a service which provided by bank. My current employer was paying my salary in foreign currency when I was in Europe. It is a one kind of debit card which I can use in many countries except India.

Visa officer gave reason of refusal that statement & letter of Bank which I have submitted is of credit card or foam of credit card which is not valid.

Can anyone help me?

Should I go for appeal with following arguments?

1) This is (Forex Plus card) not credit card but a debit card and in which I have sufficient balance according to required fund from more than 3 months .

2) Account has been opened by my current employer to get salary in foreign currency.

3) Balance which I showed is my saving.

4) Amount which is available in card is like cash with bank without interest.

5) Visa officer can check entry between date of 1st – 3rd of every month as my employer was crediting salary in it which is visible in statement.

Please reply me ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Goru

Goru
Newly Registered

Post by Goru » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:37 pm

Please can anyone reply :( :(

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:49 pm

The maintenance funds must be held in one of the institutions as specified in the policy guidance (bank/housing society/financial institution regulated by governing body / central bank in the country of operation).

This said, it is difficult for anyone to suggest unless you share the exact reason(s) of the refusal. It is unclear from your post whether ECO has refused your application for not providing acceptable evidence(s) of earnings or maintenance funds or both!

regards

Goru
Newly Registered

Post by Goru » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:32 pm

First of all thanks for reply
Let me type exact comment of ECO

Comment:

You have claimed 10 points for maintenance. According to the published guidance you are required to show that you have held funds of 2800 Pound over a period of 90 days prior to the date of your application. Furthermore, the evidence you submit must not be dated more than one month before your application date. In support of your application you have submitted the following:

• Forex plus card letter and printout

However, according to the published guidance, funds held in financial instruments such as shares, long term saving accounts, bonds, pension funds are not acceptable, regardless of notice period. The evidence you have submitted appears to be some form of a credit card and therefore these documents cannot be considered as evidence of funds as per published guidance.
Given the above you have not shown that you have funds of 2800 and therefore I have awarded you 0 points for maintenance.

-------END ECO comment –-------

Now I have provided two proofs as a maintenance fund

1) HDFC Bank letter with comment like My Forex plus card is having balance of 3500 Euro (more or equal to 2800 Pound)and stable from last more than 3 months (7 days before date of application)

2) Last 6 months statement of Forex Plus card with sign and stamp of HDFC bank (8 days before date of application)

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:38 pm

Prepaid traveller card statement is not acceptable evidence of maintenance funds. A supporting letter from issuing bank stating that your card was loaded with 3500 Euros (or more) is irrelevant.

regards

Goru
Newly Registered

Post by Goru » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:43 pm

so you mean there is no meaning to go for administrative review?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:47 pm

Yes.

regards

Goru
Newly Registered

Post by Goru » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:50 pm

As per guidance credit card or any other form of credit card statement is not acceptable but in this case it is one kind of cash I am carrying in foreign currency with bank. this is not credit card but one kind of debit card. Is these will be wrong argument for administrative review?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:00 pm

Read the guidance carefully, and do not make assumption(s) that anything that is not specified may therefore be acceptable by virtue of absence.

What are acceptable evidence(s) is clearly mentioned in the guidance. And does a traveller card fit in there?

regards

Goru
Newly Registered

Post by Goru » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:05 pm

Thanks Mehta for quick response and guidance.
Lack of guideline knowledge I failed to get Visa. ï