ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question regarding Maintenance of funds!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jigzyy
Newly Registered

Question regarding Maintenance of funds!

Post by jigzyy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:53 am

Hi,

I am interested in applying for Highly Skilled Program.. but I have a question, I'll be applying as a main applicant and I will add my spouse in the application. They require at least 2,800 GBP in main applicant's account for the last 3 months and about 1,600 GBP in Dependants account. Now the questions, should we have separate bank accounts with only single name on it OR .. a joint account on our names will do the work?? I am asking this coz we have more than 7000 GBP in our joint account and we don;t have any other account.. separate ones.. so is it acceptable??

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:14 am

Maintenance (funds) wrote:If you wish to rely on a joint account as evidence of available funds, you must be named on the account along with one or more other named individual.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jigzyy
Newly Registered

Post by jigzyy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:16 am

It's named as:

for example my name is ABC and my wife's name is XYZ than account named as:

ABC / XYZ

So, I think it's fine right??

vinny wrote:
Maintenance (funds) wrote:If you wish to rely on a joint account as evidence of available funds, you must be named on the account along with one or more other named individual.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:02 am

Should be okay.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.