ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E-Petition To No 10 - TIER 1 Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

E-Petition To No 10 - TIER 1 Extension

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:06 pm

All,

As discussed in THIS THREAD I think creating a petition to be heard will be a first step forward. Here is what I could compile (Amendments and suggestions to make it better is welcome). I think, we shall put this up by TUESDAY 30/11/2010. Anyone have any comments plz continue here in this topic. PLEASE do not infest by Quoting to this topic, please simply reply. It makes it hard to flick through 62 pages as like other post referenced in above link.

Dear Sir,

We undersigned write to you with regards to any proposed changes to TIER 1 (Extensions) criteria.

While we understand it is quite possible that all future TIER 1 General application route will be closed, we are quite worried with regards to all the candidates who are already in the UK under Tier 1 General Visa already.

We all existing TIER 1 Candidates in UK, work very hard, pay our taxes on time and do not depend on doles/benefits. While no criteria has been publicized for any possible changes to TIER 1 Extension rules/criteria, we believe any changes will be nothing but unfair to those who have left many a things behind in the respective home countries for a better and prosperous career. The principles of justice and fairness demand that no changes should be applied retrospectively to existing immigrants. Many of us have made UK our permanent home, already taken homes on mortgages and paying regular taxes, and abiding by the laws.

We strongly believe that no rules should be changed for people who are already in the UK. Henceforth, we are requesting the authority to consider and introduce transitional agreements for those already in the UK. While we appreciate that government’s intensions to change the rules of the Point Based System in order to control the numbers of immigrants who plan to come to the UK in future. But changing the rules for existing immigrants who left well established careers back home to work here and made UK their home is unjust and against all rules of fairness.

Respectfully,
XYZ

Comments welcome :)

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:17 pm

You should add ILR provision it also,that old rules should apply on us.

thelionking
BANNED

Post by thelionking » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:22 pm

ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:You should add ILR provision it also,that old rules should apply on us.
And that traffic fines shouldn't hinder in any way ;)

dilip_gem

Re: E-Petition To No 10 - TIER 1 Extension

Post by dilip_gem » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:22 pm

Gr'8 and yeah please include ILR related stuff as mentioned by ssoct98. Thanks :)
raxs1983 wrote:All,

As discussed in THIS THREAD I think creating a petition to be heard will be a first step forward. Here is what I could compile (Amendments and suggestions to make it better is welcome). I think, we shall put this up by TUESDAY 30/11/2010. Anyone have any comments plz continue here in this topic. PLEASE do not infest by Quoting to this topic, please simply reply. It makes it hard to flick through 62 pages as like other post referenced in above link.

Dear Sir,

We undersigned write to you with regards to any proposed changes to TIER 1 (Extensions) criteria.

While we understand it is quite possible that all future TIER 1 General application route will be closed, we are quite worried with regards to all the candidates who are already in the UK under Tier 1 General Visa already.

We all existing TIER 1 Candidates in UK, work very hard, pay our taxes on time and do not depend on doles/benefits. While no criteria has been publicized for any possible changes to TIER 1 Extension rules/criteria, we believe any changes will be nothing but unfair to those who have left many a things behind in the respective home countries for a better and prosperous career. The principles of justice and fairness demand that no changes should be applied retrospectively to existing immigrants. Many of us have made UK our permanent home, already taken homes on mortgages and paying regular taxes, and abiding by the laws.

We strongly believe that no rules should be changed for people who are already in the UK. Henceforth, we are requesting the authority to consider and introduce transitional agreements for those already in the UK. While we appreciate that government’s intensions to change the rules of the Point Based System in order to control the numbers of immigrants who plan to come to the UK in future. But changing the rules for existing immigrants who left well established careers back home to work here and made UK their home is unjust and against all rules of fairness.

Respectfully,
XYZ

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:32 pm

The lion king you became line king here in forum,but no fighting,its for all to add ILR on old rule not for me only.Than all can join and submit E petition.Ok

pr8196
Newly Registered

Post by pr8196 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:33 pm

This is really good and please add the vital point of new rules for ILR/Citizenship should apply retrospectively. Existing people on Tier-1 (General) who are about to complete 5 years with or without an extension should be allowed to settle in UK as per the current rules.

Thanks

Raj

thelionking
BANNED

Re: E-Petition To No 10 - TIER 1 Extension

Post by thelionking » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:37 pm

raxs1983 wrote:All,

Dear Sir,

Respectfully,
XYZ

I think needs major re wording, good first draft but we should come up with something very solid and professional ... This sounds like a quickly jotted first draft ... Another thing we shud also discuss is if we are jumping the gun here and showing all our cards right up front ... We might sound too weak and not something we'd want, and in the process wake up something that might actually be sleeping ...

I'll try and give the draft a shot over the weekend.

thelionking
BANNED

Post by thelionking » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:42 pm

ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:The lion king you became line king here in forum,but no fighting,its for all to add ILR on old rule not for me only.Than all can join and submit E petition.Ok
All with a light heart dude, we need to keep the mood a little light, else with what is going on we cud easily go crazy here ...

Agree on ILR point, but consider the other side ... We might be jumping the gun and might wake up a sleeping giant. We shud not do what home office did, came out with a half cooked policy ... So let's discuss pros and cons in detail and weigh our options than rushing to sign quickly worded petitions.

NumbersGame
Newly Registered

Post by NumbersGame » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:11 pm

Agree with lionking.
It doesn't have the professional feel to it given we are suppose to be 'Highly skilled'. :)

I'll sign once it's up.

NeoZ

Post by NeoZ » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:14 pm

Personally, what's the point of sending any petitions on basis of 'speculative' changes?

Wait for the announcement.

sojan

Post by sojan » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:23 pm

.. dont put anything now..
Wait for the official annoucement or let's put a timeframe.. say jan 1st week.

thelionking
BANNED

Post by thelionking » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:42 pm

Well, I'm sure we can petition now, along the lines of not knowing what's going on and then reaffirming our strengths in there of tier 1 professionals etc rather than anything else ... Kind of helping them see the other side without demanding anything or showing too much scare and weakness.

Once the announcement of a new policy is out, then I am afraid petition alone won't do nothing, then at that point we should prepare for legal options ...

So petition now, before they announce, and be ready for legal challenge post new policy (given that is too harsh or against the original understandings of this group) ... But for now the petition needs to be between two equals, a professional note, kind of a teaser just reminding them that we all are well educated hard working law abiding bunch and also not a group without a lobby who'd just bend over for their politics!

December31

Post by December31 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:44 pm

What will we gain by waiting and not going ahead with submitting the petition ? I don't think we are losing anything by submitting the petition now.

Comment on the draft, should it not be address to the appropriate person like 'Dear Prime Minister' ?

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:59 pm

Thanks all for your comments. I agree to many of us in here, it is not viable to wait until the rules are published. We need to get our views beforehand so what they can least do is, Consider !! All, please go ahead and draft a lot more professional letter and put it up here. I think, we need to add on points about future ILR as well. Please do not choker block this post like gutter, as we will miss the track. Please post what deemed as important. We all now generally have an idea of what needs doing/written. I will go ahead an create a FB page sometime tomorrow. Once done, I will put up the link and will request all you to invite.

Lets just stand United :)

bouqet777

Post by bouqet777 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:36 am

Guys remember it's a petition

If anybody knows or have any lawyer in their friendship circle who could draft the petetion in such a tone that it shall carry a request as well as something between the lines to convey our message in letter and spirit with some weight to be considered or atleast be kept in mind while making any future policy regarding this matter!

MICKS

Post by MICKS » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:39 am

bouqet777 wrote:Guys remember it's a petition

If anybody knows or have any lawyer in their friendship circle who could draft the petetion in such a tone that it shall carry a request as well as something between the lines to convey our message in letter and spirit with some weight to be considered or atleast be kept in mind while making any future policy regarding this matter!
I am re-drafting this letter myself, just hold tight, I will be posting a revised draft later today....

MICKS

HERE IS MY FIRST DRAFT....PLEASE REVIEW IF IT IS LOOKING OK.

Post by MICKS » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:34 am

Dear Sir/Madam,

1. We the undersigned are writing to you with regards to upcoming changes being considered to Tier 1 extensions and settlement criteria those currently onshore in the United Kingdom.

2. We understand that Home Office is determined to reform the immigration system and completely close the Tier 1 general route that has in the past allowed many Highly Skilled migrants to work and settle in the United Kingdom.

3.This petition is a collective appeal from Tier 1 visa holders who are currently in the United Kingdom, have legitimate highly skilled jobs and have become contributing members of the community.

4. Most of us have sacrificed our old life in our native countries, our homes, our families, our friends and our jobs and have moved to the United Kingdom with the intention of making it our permanent home, just like many other skilled migrants did in the past and have been granted settlement since this program began.

3. Many of us have dependants with us, have taken mortgages, found a legitimate jobs, made new friends, children go to school and above all most of us have gone through serious obstacles to relocate and adapt to our new home here in the United Kingdom.

4. Our efforts and sacrifices must not be taken casually, as almost all of us had well paid jobs and flourishing careers back in our native countries, which we abandoned to move to United Kingdom. We have indeed taken considerable risks while putting our fate in the hands of Home Office with a belief that we will be valued and treated fairly.

5. At present most of us are feeling insecure in absence of any clear announcement regarding existing Tier 1 visa holders in United Kingdom. There is feeling of confusion and uncertainty, and a perception that all our efforts may have gone astray if a “radicalâ€

LuckyJ
Newly Registered

Post by LuckyJ » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:22 pm

I think it's definitely a good start being one of the first versions! I would review the use of the word "Radical", it's perhaps a bit overused in the letter, and I'm not convinced it's necessary the best choice for the message.

When are we intending to submit this petition? and how are we going to decide it's ready? perhaps by voting?

thanks

MICKS

Post by MICKS » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:55 pm

LuckyJ wrote:I think it's definitely a good start being one of the first versions! I would review the use of the word "Radical", it's perhaps a bit overused in the letter, and I'm not convinced it's necessary the best choice for the message.

When are we intending to submit this petition? and how are we going to decide it's ready? perhaps by voting?

thanks
We will review it over this week and get something out by the middle of next week say before 1st december whatever state its in as long as it conveys the message.

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:25 pm

E-petition is indeed a great move. Thanks to the guys who have been putting their effort and time. Hope I can contirbute by encouraging rest of the memebers. I am sure 10s of thousand will sign the petition. Lets stay united and do whatever we can do within UK judiciary system. Cheers!

Please delete my post if it diverts the purpose of this great thread.

December31

Post by December31 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:53 pm

MICKS, the petition is good, its both positive and persuasive. I think we should finalise it quickly so that the message reaches the concerned person before a decision is made!!

push

Post by push » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:12 pm

Apologies, it is a duplicate post:

I know I am not offering to write the petition myself but the current draft does not seem to be appropriately worded. You yourself seem to be accepting that some of the changes do (or might) apply to the existing visa holders. HO hasn't said anything about the changes to Extensions and therefore there is no reason to request for considering transitional arrangements. I guess a better way would be to say that you understand that no changes will be applied retrospectively and should merely seek an affirmation of the same.

If possible, get it vetted by someone who understands legal drafting.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

thelionking
BANNED

Post by thelionking » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:14 pm

push wrote:Apologies, it is a duplicate post:

I know I am not offering to write the petition myself but the current draft does not seem to be appropriately worded. You yourself seem to be accepting that some of the changes do (or might) apply to the existing visa holders. HO hasn't said anything about the changes to Extensions and therefore there is no reason to request for considering transitional arrangements. I guess a better way would be to say that you understand that no changes will be applied retrospectively and should merely seek an affirmation of the same.

If possible, get it vetted by someone who understands legal drafting.

I agree a 100% with push here ... and the two drafts above are rather childish, sorry to say, but that's how they come across in the first read.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:15 pm

Please don't make multiple posts on the same topic.

If this topic has been created to discuss the E-petition, please discuss the matter in the topic created for the purpose rather than under two / multiple topics.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thelionking
BANNED

Post by thelionking » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:18 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Please don't make multiple posts on the same topic.
the other moderator push has just made a duplicate post on this and the coalition changes page 63 ... ??

pls. close this and lets just copntinue in ONE thread, too confusing otherwise. i was about to reply to push in the pther one again, i just quoted here now on his duplicate post, do i quote there again??