ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got medical request

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Got medical request

Post by yodiyokun » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:57 am

Oh my!!
Finally got the medical forms but unfortunately, I am pregnant and wont be putting to bed till april.
I wish i could just take the medicals now..but I cant? but what of my family members can they go ahead and take their own ?

Oh its so confusing
My bow has been renewed

canvis2004
Newly Registered

Post by canvis2004 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:54 am

After how long did you recieve the medical forms?

Where did you apply from and when?

I just want to know how long it takes to get medical forms from the time of application.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:33 am

yodiyokun wrote:I wish i could just take the medicals now..but I cant? but what of my family members can they go ahead and take their own ?
IMHO its pointless for anyone to take the medicals before the birth since:

1. The child must be added to the application to include payment of processing fee and fresh medical instructions issued - these could take some time and in the worst case scenario may be near or after the expiry of any medicals taken by others in your family. They would then have to repeat the medical at some considerable cost.

2. Each person in the application including the child must pass the medical before the visas can be issued - this is an unknown factor here prior to the child's birth.

That you are the principal applicant only adds to my comments.

I hope that hepls.

rely

Post by rely » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:33 am

Kayalami wrote:
yodiyokun wrote:I wish i could just take the medicals now..but I cant? but what of my family members can they go ahead and take their own ?
IMHO its pointless for anyone to take the medicals before the birth since:

1. The child must be added to the application to include payment of processing fee and fresh medical instructions issued - these could take some time and in the worst case scenario may be near or after the expiry of any medicals taken by others in your family. They would then have to repeat the medical at some considerable cost.

2. Each person in the application including the child must pass the medical before the visas can be issued - this is an unknown factor here prior to the child's birth.

That you are the principal applicant only adds to my comments.

I hope that hepls.

Dont wait go ahead.Get your as well as your wifes medicals done.DMP will not go for X-ray of your wife because of pregnancy.Inform high commission of child birth immediately on childs arrival and send photocopies of childs passport, 7 photographs as per specification, birth certificate and of course fees of the child.High commission will send childs medical papers as well as letter for wifes XRAY.
Dont forget to go for your medicals on 85th from the date mentioned on the passport.
Beleive me you will be saving lot of time.
rely

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:47 am

Thanks everyone for your contributions.

Please note that Im not the principal applicant..my husband is.

I wanted to go along with kayalamis suggestion to wait till after i put to bed but my husband insisted we all do the medicals and postpone the xray. we have done just dat.
i hope the baby comes b4 40 weeks :lol:

we applied thru ghana dec 2001.
We used an agent though and very expensive... price of ignorance?.
My bow has been renewed

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:40 pm

yodiyokun,
Just checking if you have had any response yet after sending your medicals. Submitted my application two yrs ago and they informed me it will take 18 months. They have written twice. The last correspondence was in January informing me they will make a decision end of March.
Haven't received confirmation yet but I know I will get it this week. I wanted to wait for it before going to Canada to visit. I have been there like 7 or 8 times in the past three years.
My wife is also expecting in June. How long do you have to take the medicals? Does it have an expiry date? I believe it is better to take the medicals and when the baby is delivered send his/her documents too. The best way is to have the baby in Canada so that you do not have to go through any application for the child.
Praise The Lord!!!!