ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need some advise regarding application of Eu 1

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

talkingcure

Need some advise regarding application of Eu 1

Post by talkingcure » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:47 pm

Hi I am a non eu citizen recently got married. My wife is a eu citizen. She has been living in ireland for 2yrs.she was working on and off with an agency on call basis. This year her contact didnt get renewed and she did not find a job till date. Last week she became pregnant. Now wts my option for applying Eu1. I really need some advise from you guys .

talkingcure

Post by talkingcure » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:33 pm

anyone out there?

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:03 pm

What about you, are you working? If yes, you should try and get her into education before applying. Also make sure the two of you have some sort of healthcover. With these i suppose you should be fine.
Its never too late

talkingcure

Post by talkingcure » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:24 pm

I am working and we both have medical card issued by HSE. Would that any help? And what sort of courses u are reckoning. Does it have to be third level or fas training course will do? Any further suggedtion appreciated.

talkingcure

Post by talkingcure » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:26 pm

I am working and we both have medical card issued by HSE. Would that any help? And what sort of courses u are reckoning. Does it have to be third level or fas training course will do? Any further suggedtion appreciated.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:41 pm

talkingcure wrote:I am working and we both have medical card issued by HSE. Would that any help? And what sort of courses u are reckoning. Does it have to be third level or fas training course will do? Any further suggedtion appreciated.
Medical card issued by HSE means you are dependent on state services. I would go and get private health insurance (quinn/aviva/vhi) if i were you. It is full time education course (short courses likes of Diploma/Cert) you should be looking into imho, good bit of private colleges are offering on very competitive fees.

talkingcure

Post by talkingcure » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:31 am

Thanks fatty patty for your suggestion. If my wife get a job before I apply would that be ok to apply through her job. Cause she will be attending some interview in coming weeks.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:03 am

Yes, as soon as she starts her job you should apply, then she needs to hold on to the job for at least 6 months!

talkingcure

Post by talkingcure » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:13 pm

Thx IL, really appreciate that.

talkingcure

Post by talkingcure » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:14 pm

Thx IL, really appreciate that.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Pregnancy and involuntary unemployment

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:54 pm

Sorry I just re-read your post. Your wife is expecting a baby. It will be difficult for her to find a job now. I think you should apply under Reg 6 (2) (c) of the Free Movement Regulations, involuntary unemployment. The Dept is not allowed to discriminate on basis of pregnancy. Your wife should register with Fas and for Unemployment Assistance, and get proof of this, then you should apply on form EU1. Let us know how it works out. :)

talkingcure

Post by talkingcure » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:22 pm

This is a question to fatty patty. Anyone else's answer will be helpful.Here i am now ---My wife started college and we are covered by private health insurance. Now My question regarding to bank statement and or financial resources. Could you explain me fatty patty how much balance should be appropriate and is it necessary to submit my payslips as i didnt find any option to mention about my employment. I am the only one earning at the moment. Although is it necessary to mention about my wife's pregnancy in application.

cocoa123

Post by cocoa123 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:45 pm

I'm asking on behalf of non-EU national who is on stamp4 (not LTR) hiis wife is on stamp3. This couple has has 20 years old child (EU citizen, non Irrish) living with them here in Ireland. The child is a university student. The father is working.

The question is whether the couple eligible for EUFam stamps4 as parents of EU citizen.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:32 am

As far as I understand it, your friend and his spouse are "permitted family members" under the Regulations, and the Minister retains a discretion as to whether to allow you to reside on this basis - see Reg 6 (3) (b). However there may be stronger rights under wider EU law - based on the fact that the EU citizen student has the right to have their immediate family members with them in order to enjoy their right to free movement, or that they are dependent on their father and therefore require his support in order to exercise free movement. I think that would be consistent with the ECJ caselaw, although I don't think there is a case directly on point.

cocoa123

Post by cocoa123 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:58 am

ImmigrationLawyer wrote:As far as I understand it, your friend and his spouse are "permitted family members" under the Regulations.
The father is a former Green Card Work Permit holder on stamp4 and his wife is on spousal stamp3.

talkingcure

Post by talkingcure » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:38 pm

I would like to hear from someone who applied for eu 1 where eu citizen exercising his or her treaty rights as a full time student.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:42 am

talkingcure wrote:This is a question to fatty patty. Anyone else's answer will be helpful.Here i am now ---My wife started college and we are covered by private health insurance. Now My question regarding to bank statement and or financial resources. Could you explain me fatty patty how much balance should be appropriate and is it necessary to submit my payslips as i didnt find any option to mention about my employment. I am the only one earning at the moment. Although is it necessary to mention about my wife's pregnancy in application.
To be honest there is no specific number mentioned anywhere regarding bank statements, more than 1k in my opinion is enough, as it is your current account used everyday money comes and goes its not a surprise. There is not a big need to mention about your wife pregnancy in the application but if you want you can, INIS cannot discriminate you on the basis of your wife's pregnancy. I am assuming you are given temp EUFAM/on work permit which allows you to work full time, if you are student you are not allowed to work more than 20 hrs (only when you are on term breaks so be careful there).

talkingcure

exercising treaty rights as a student

Post by talkingcure » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:53 pm

Thanks fatty patty for ur quick response. I am just waiting for the response from DEJ as it just posted s day ago. Lets see how they response as i have supplied all document required.

talkingcure

Post by talkingcure » Mon May 02, 2011 12:04 pm

Anyone out there in same boat?

talkingcure

exercising treaty rights as a student

Post by talkingcure » Wed May 04, 2011 11:17 pm

Share your experiences if you applied for EU1 where EU citizen is exercising his/her rights as studying full time.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Thu May 05, 2011 8:10 am

I have represented many people in this situation. The requirements are straightforward - full time study of a recognised course, sufficient monies to look after yourselves without social welfare, and "comprehensive" private health insurance.

talkingcure

Post by talkingcure » Mon May 09, 2011 12:04 am

U never know what more they might ask for.

talkingcure

Post by talkingcure » Wed May 18, 2011 12:38 am

It has been 3weeks nearly and I have got no redpond from eu treaty rights section. In post tracking it shows that my application has been received. How long does it take to issue the confirmation letter for receipt of application?

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Wed May 18, 2011 7:46 am

Usually less than three weeks! Hopefully you will get an answer soon.

talkingcure

Post by talkingcure » Fri May 20, 2011 6:22 pm

I have received the confirmation letter of the receipt of application with all original documents returned and its being processed in six months time. I am also issued the letter to get a temp stamp 4 from gnib while application is being processed. Now my wife get a job last week. How can I inform them about this.