ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

denial of present employer reference letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

titan_indiglo
Newly Registered

denial of present employer reference letter

Post by titan_indiglo » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:50 am

MY current employer not willing to provide empolyer reference letter.
i have my past employers certificates ..

my question is : is it necessary to attach current employment ref letter?

Alternatively can i provide other supporting document like, offer document,pay revision[got in the month of may] or apprisal letter given by HR...

pl suggest me a solution

Thanks in advance..

Cool

Re: denial of present employer reference letter

Post by Cool » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:03 pm

Can you make up the required minimum number of years of work experience without your current employer's reference?

If you can, then go ahead and include the alternative documents you've mentioned; simply to show that you're still in employment and give an idea of the type of work you're engaged in.

However, if you need your current employer's reference to make up the required years, the alternative documents are not likely to be useful. They seem to be quite strict on format of employer's reference letter.

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:08 pm

No proper employer's letter = Refusal

Don't waste your money unless you can get it (or fake it)!

Rex

Post by Rex » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:11 pm

any specific reason of denial?

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:29 pm

Cool wrote:Can you make up the required minimum number of years of work experience without your current employer's reference?

If you can, then go ahead and include the alternative documents you've mentioned; simply to show that you're still in employment and give an idea of the type of work you're engaged in.

However, if you need your current employer's reference to make up the required years, the alternative documents are not likely to be useful. They seem to be quite strict on format of employer's reference letter.
Is there a employer's reference letter format?
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

alisondc

Post by alisondc » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:31 pm

Surely there must be some law in your country requiring an employer to confirm that an employee is working for them and at what rate and what the job description entails.

My employer letters weren't necessarily recomendation letters, but rather they confirmed that i worked for them for specific dates, what the job required for me to apply (needed a masters) and at what wage i was paid.

I suggest going directly to your Office of Human Resources for such a letter.

Best wishes

titan_indiglo
Newly Registered

Post by titan_indiglo » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:08 am

i started my career in june1999. so apart from my present employment total exp is 5 years.
i am working since oct2004 with my present employer. the reason they states that the company poilcy does not permit such reference.
Its a MNC [fortune 12 company].I spoke to HR person only.

Cool

Post by Cool » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:27 am

This looks doable to me!

*Provided* you have income documents for the last 12 months from your *current* employer i.e. payslips, tax documents, bank statement.

Submit the reference letters from your previous employers AND the documents from your current employer. In your cover letter, explain your current employer's company policy (if possible, get the company to state their position in writing and include it in your application).

Also state in your cover letter that the period of work experience from your previous employers is a total of X years and Y months, thus meeting the minimum 5years requirement.

That will suffice for work experience. Circumstances differ and simply need to be clearly explained in the application.

Ensure documentation for other scoring areas are complete.

First2last4:
Employer's reference must clearly state job title, duration of each job title (if title changes within the same employment) and job description for each job title.

Rex

Post by Rex » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:27 am

My company also had that rule, so this is what I did:

1) Got letter from HR stating my job start & end date and my role. Which is normal letter that can be used for anything 'TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN'. (on letter head)

2) Got reference letter from my immediate supervisor listing my duties & responsibilities, signed with his job title (without letter head/on plain paper). So it was a personal reference letter.

ash

work exp

Post by ash » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:34 pm

Rex,

One of the companies i worked for no longer exists the letter i got from them when i left them a few years back gives my position and start and leaving date but no duties and responsibilities.

can i possibly get a letter from a colleague who worked with me at the company and use that along with the letter i have.......

Thanks

Ash

sssm

Post by sssm » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:44 pm

My current employer doesnot provide me reference letter..so can submit these following 2 things as primary evidence?

1. Company online Job advertisements in its site for my designation which clearly gives roles and responsibilities?

2. Then query my profile on the company online employee information which gives my current designation?

3. A letter from HR giving only period of stay in the company and current designation as secondary evidence?

Any help from Sr members and moderators is very helpful.