ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Sponsor Lincence application waiting time

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

i.atnet
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Sponsor Lincence application waiting time

Post by i.atnet » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:32 am

Hi All,
My potential new employer is a Limited company and has applied for the "Tier 2 general Sponsor licence" in the second week of July 2011. Some of the documents were missing so UKBA contacted them within 2 weeks time of the application and asked them to submit the missing documents. The company has submitted the documents on the same day.
As they havent recived any update on the application since then so the company had contacted UKBA couple of weeks back regarding the update ,and as per UKBA's response "the application is still under consideration"
As it is now almost 3 months since they have made the application and still there is no decision on the application. Is it a normal case? Or what do you think will happen next?

madona587
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 2 General Sponsor Lincence application waiting time

Post by madona587 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:52 am

i.atnet wrote:Hi All,
My potential new employer is a Limited company and has applied for the "Tier 2 general Sponsor licence" in the second week of July 2011. Some of the documents were missing so UKBA contacted them within 2 weeks time of the application and asked them to submit the missing documents. The company has submitted the documents on the same day.
As they havent recived any update on the application since then so the company had contacted UKBA couple of weeks back regarding the update ,and as per UKBA's response "the application is still under consideration"
As it is now almost 3 months since they have made the application and still there is no decision on the application. Is it a normal case? Or what do you think will happen next?
3 months is a long wait. Try contacting them. Maybe because they're doing checks on the documents provided by you. I hope you have enough time on your visa. If the application is successful they will contact you with a letter and login details to your SMS.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

i.atnet
Newly Registered

Post by i.atnet » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:39 pm

@madona587 Thanks for the reply.

My potential new employer has just gave me an update on the sponsorship licence application. They had a visit from UKBA on 23rd Sept and according to UKBA they said that it will still take 3-4 weeks to get the decision.

Just to give the background,I am on Tier2 (General) visa which is sponsored by my current employer. I have 1 month notice period with current employer.

So if my new employer gets the sponsorship licence within next couple of weeks then what would be the ideal procedure to changover form my current job without any risk? How does it work?

I meant, can I wait to give the notice to my current employer untill I get the certificate of sponsorship from new employer?

i.atnet
Newly Registered

Please respond

Post by i.atnet » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:08 am

Hi All,

Please kindly respond to my earlier query.

madona587
Member of Standing

Re: Please respond

Post by madona587 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:19 am

i.atnet wrote:Hi All,

Please kindly respond to my earlier query.
Sorry not sure about company transfers.. Maybe a senior member can help you.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:32 pm

You should not resign from your current job until your new employer issues you the CoS or until you submit your leave to remain application.

If I were you, I would make all possible efforts to ensure that the new employer states the starting date as one that gives me enough time to submit my resignation (to the current employer) after I have applied for (new) leave to remain and also serve any stipulated notice period.

Such a transition can never be entirely risk free. e.g. - your new employer may refuse to take you on board even after a new leave to remain is issued to you! So, one should always tread with caution.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

i.atnet
Newly Registered

Post by i.atnet » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:58 am

sushdmehta wrote:You should not resign from your current job until your new employer issues you the CoS or until you submit your leave to remain application.

If I were you, I would make all possible efforts to ensure that the new employer states the starting date as one that gives me enough time to submit my resignation (to the current employer) after I have applied for (new) leave to remain and also serve any stipulated notice period.

Such a transition can never be entirely risk free. e.g. - your new employer may refuse to take you on board even after a new leave to remain is issued to you! So, one should always tread with caution.
@sushdmehta

Many thanks for your valuable advise.

Tier2
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General Sponsor Lincence application waiting time

Post by Tier2 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:27 pm

Hi All,

My company director has applied for a Tier 2 sponsorship license on 1st August 2012. He made an email enquiry on 5th September 2012 and was informed by UKBA that they were considering applications made on 28th March 2012.

Would anyone be able to tell me how long did it take for them to get the certificate of Sponsorship for Tier 2.
Thanks in advance.