ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from accountant confirming income details – Format

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nvspradeep
Newly Registered

Letter from accountant confirming income details – Format

Post by nvspradeep » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:58 am

This is for contractors operating through their own limited companies. I’ve successfully secured my Tier 1 extension by submitting a letter in this particular format.

Date – DD_MM_YYY
Our Ref: XXXXXX

To,
UK Border Agency,
Tier 1,
PO Box 496
Durham
DH99 1WQ

Sub – Proof of Income for Mr. XXXXXXXX (name of the main applicant)

This letter is to confirm that we XXXXXX (name of the accountancy company) are acting as accountants for XXXXXXX (name of your limited company) which is incorporated on DD_MM_YYYY (date ) under the laws of United Kingdom with XXXXX (number) as registration number and XXXX (number) as VAT number. They are in the business of providing XXXXXX (area of services) . Mr XXXXXXXX (name of the main applicant) became the director of XXXXXXX (name of your limited company) on DD_MM_YYYY (date)

This letter is also to confirm that Mr XXXXXXXX (name of the main applicant) is the sole director, employee and XX (% of shares of main applicant) shareholder of XXXXXX (name of your limited company)) and is active in the day-to-day management of the limited company. Mr XXXXXXXX (name of the main applicant) earns a salary and derives dividend income from the company and is entitled to the current retained earnings of the company.

In respect of the period from DD_MM_YYYY to DD_MM_YYYY (these should be the start and end dates for which the main applicant is claiming previous earnings) Mr XXXXXXXX (name of the main applicant) earned a gross salary of £XXXX (amount) and a net salary of £XXXX (amount). During the same period he earned gross dividends (including the notional tax credit) of £XXXX (amount) and net dividends of £XXXX (amount). The breakdown of income details are given below.

Monthly salary details from DD_MM_YYYY to DD_MM_YYYY (e.g Sep 10 to Sep 11)
Tax Period, Date, Payment Date, Net Salary, Gross Salary
Month 6, Sep-10, 05-Oct-10, £XXXX, £XXXX,
Month 7, Oct-10, 04-Nov-10. £XXXX, £XXXX,
… … … … …
Total £XXXX £XXXX

Quarterly dividend details from DD_MM_YYYY to DD_MM_YYYY
(e.g Sep 10 to Sep 11)
Period, Payment date, Net Dividends, Tax Credits, Gross Dividends,
Q2 FY 2010 -2011, 18-Oct-10, £XXXX, £XXXX, £XXXX,
Q3 FY 2010 -2011, 18-Jan-11, £XXXX, £XXXX, £XXXX,
… … … … …
… … … … …
Total, £XXXX, £XXXX, £XXXX,

The total gross and net income from salary and dividends for the above stated period are –

Total gross income (gross salary + gross dividends) = £XXXX
Total net income (net salary + net dividends) = £XXXX

The enclosed payslips and dividend vouchers confirm the above and they have been attested and stamped by ourselves as necessary. Summary on Invoices raised by XXXXXXX (name of your limited company) from DD_MM_YYYY to DD_MM_YYYY are provided in separate annexure.

If you have any further queries, please contact us on XXXXXX (phone number)

Yours sincerely,
XXXXX (Name of the account)
XXXXX (qualification – as mentioned by home office),
XXXXX (Registration number),
XXXXX (Address details)
XXXXX (Contact phone numbers)
XXXXX (email address)

Format for Invoice summary submitted in separate annexure (XLS)

(Columns)

1.Invoice number
2.Invoice date
3.Amount
4.Payment date
5.Bank credit date (credit date appearing on bank statement)
6.Bank credit amount (credit amount appearing on bank statement)
7.Bank statement period (from and to dates)
8.Bank statement number (serial number followed by bank)

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:44 am

Thanks. I am sure it will help many of us. Cheers!

yomdee
Newly Registered

Post by yomdee » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:12 am

@Thanks Nvspradeep. This would be very useful to me. In addition can u pls confirm all the supporting documents u provided and in particular did u submit biz bank statement reflecting these invoice values?

Thanks in advance for your prompt response.

bond_007
Newly Registered

Re: Letter from accountant confirming income details – For

Post by bond_007 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:06 pm

Hi All,

I am currently working as IT Contractor and have my own limited company and I am 100 % shareholder of the company.

My Tier 1 Visa expires in Feb 2013.
I have plan to apply for visa extension in Jan 2013 and show the 12 months earning period as Feb 2012 till Jan 2013

My earning will be a combination of both salary and dividend.
As per point based calculator I need to show minimum earning of £55,000 to qualify for the extension.

If I show minimum salary of 7800 (650 per month) and remaining £47,200 as dividend,
will that be considered as tax evasion and will be disqualified for tier 1 extension.

I heared that there is some IR 35 rule which says 90% of the earnings might be in the form of salary and not divident.

Though I agree that visa issuing authority and tax authority(HMRC) are different, I want to minimize the risk of
visa extension rejection whereever possible

I heared that traffic violation or penality is considered as one of factor for disqualification for visa extension. So want to avoid
any factor that might influense visa extension

Is there any one who showed minimum salary of 650 per month and remaining divident, got thier visa extended?

Please advise me on this

Thanks
Mohan

nvspradeep wrote:This is for contractors operating through their own limited companies. I’ve successfully secured my Tier 1 extension by submitting a letter in this particular format.

Date – DD_MM_YYY
Our Ref: XXXXXX

To,
UK Border Agency,
Tier 1,
PO Box 496
Durham
DH99 1WQ

Sub – Proof of Income for Mr. XXXXXXXX (name of the main applicant)

This letter is to confirm that we XXXXXX (name of the accountancy company) are acting as accountants for XXXXXXX (name of your limited company) which is incorporated on DD_MM_YYYY (date ) under the laws of United Kingdom with XXXXX (number) as registration number and XXXX (number) as VAT number. They are in the business of providing XXXXXX (area of services) . Mr XXXXXXXX (name of the main applicant) became the director of XXXXXXX (name of your limited company) on DD_MM_YYYY (date)

This letter is also to confirm that Mr XXXXXXXX (name of the main applicant) is the sole director, employee and XX (% of shares of main applicant) shareholder of XXXXXX (name of your limited company)) and is active in the day-to-day management of the limited company. Mr XXXXXXXX (name of the main applicant) earns a salary and derives dividend income from the company and is entitled to the current retained earnings of the company.

In respect of the period from DD_MM_YYYY to DD_MM_YYYY (these should be the start and end dates for which the main applicant is claiming previous earnings) Mr XXXXXXXX (name of the main applicant) earned a gross salary of £XXXX (amount) and a net salary of £XXXX (amount). During the same period he earned gross dividends (including the notional tax credit) of £XXXX (amount) and net dividends of £XXXX (amount). The breakdown of income details are given below.

Monthly salary details from DD_MM_YYYY to DD_MM_YYYY (e.g Sep 10 to Sep 11)
Tax Period, Date, Payment Date, Net Salary, Gross Salary
Month 6, Sep-10, 05-Oct-10, £XXXX, £XXXX,
Month 7, Oct-10, 04-Nov-10. £XXXX, £XXXX,
… … … … …
Total £XXXX £XXXX

Quarterly dividend details from DD_MM_YYYY to DD_MM_YYYY
(e.g Sep 10 to Sep 11)
Period, Payment date, Net Dividends, Tax Credits, Gross Dividends,
Q2 FY 2010 -2011, 18-Oct-10, £XXXX, £XXXX, £XXXX,
Q3 FY 2010 -2011, 18-Jan-11, £XXXX, £XXXX, £XXXX,
… … … … …
… … … … …
Total, £XXXX, £XXXX, £XXXX,

The total gross and net income from salary and dividends for the above stated period are –

Total gross income (gross salary + gross dividends) = £XXXX
Total net income (net salary + net dividends) = £XXXX

The enclosed payslips and dividend vouchers confirm the above and they have been attested and stamped by ourselves as necessary. Summary on Invoices raised by XXXXXXX (name of your limited company) from DD_MM_YYYY to DD_MM_YYYY are provided in separate annexure.

If you have any further queries, please contact us on XXXXXX (phone number)

Yours sincerely,
XXXXX (Name of the account)
XXXXX (qualification – as mentioned by home office),
XXXXX (Registration number),
XXXXX (Address details)
XXXXX (Contact phone numbers)
XXXXX (email address)

Format for Invoice summary submitted in separate annexure (XLS)

(Columns)

1.Invoice number
2.Invoice date
3.Amount
4.Payment date
5.Bank credit date (credit date appearing on bank statement)
6.Bank credit amount (credit amount appearing on bank statement)
7.Bank statement period (from and to dates)
8.Bank statement number (serial number followed by bank)

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:21 am

Answered in your original post bond_007:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=90542

nvspradeep
Newly Registered

Post by nvspradeep » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:55 pm

Documents submitted -

1) Application form (under "Employed) + (one dependent)
2) Letter from accountant
3) Pay slips (with my attestation - stamp / signature); accountant's stamp / signature)
4) Dividend vouchers (with my attestation - stamp / signature); accountant's stamp / signature)
5) Personal bank statements
6) Business bank statements
7) Original invoices
8) Invoice summary (with my attestation - stamp / signature); accountant's stamp / signature)
9) (of course ! two photos :) )