ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Filling FLR (O) form

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

tech
Member of Standing

Filling FLR (O) form

Post by tech » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:02 pm

Hi experts

Simple question. When filling FLR (O) form to get a visa for a new born baby, should i put the applicant name as baby's name and leave out the rest of the sections (because none of them are applicable) or should I put my name as applicant name and put the baby name in dependents sections ?

Please advise. Any help is highly appreciated.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:01 pm

Complete the form as if the baby was compleing it personally!

The only exceptions are that you should sign the declaration using your normal signature, and also you will need to complete the Payer details .... 6 to 16 on page 3 of 19.
leave out the rest of the sections (because none of them are applicable)
Don't leave them blank. Complete them as relevant. For example Q3.1 is obviously "D". And Q4.1 should no doubt be answered "No", unless you have a very naughty baby! (that is a joke!). etc etc.
John

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:51 am

Hi John

Thanks for your reply. Do I need send passports of both parents or father passport is enough ? I read it on this forum I can get this done in person at the cost 500 pounds ? can you please confirm this ?

Thanks for your time.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:10 am

As regards applying at a PEO, you don't disclose your location so I don't know which PEO you might be using. However a quick look at the links from this webpage shows that they all entertain applications of this type. So click on the relevant link for Croydon, Birmingham, Liverpool and Glasgow, roughly 40% of the way down that webpage, and make the necessary appointment.

If going along in person you might as well take both parent's passports with you. However the important one is the passport of the main visa holder, for example, if father is the main visa holder and mother has a dependent visa, then it is father's passport that is important.

[Edit : Since writing the above, nearly two years ago, there is now a PEO in Sheffield, as well as the other four.]
Last edited by John on Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John

mundaGunda
Newly Registered

Post by mundaGunda » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:04 pm

Hi!

I'm planning to apply FLR(O) for my baby (I'm on HSMP). Just double checking what documents I need to submit

FLR(O)
My Passport (do I need to send my wife passport as well)
Birth Certificate
Bank statement (do I really need to send this)

Anything else??

Rgds,

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:18 pm

At the very least I also think you need to forward your baby's passport ..... otherwise where are they going to put the visa?
John

mundaGunda
Newly Registered

Post by mundaGunda » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:47 pm

lol John

Sorry i forgot to mention that..do u think I need to send anything else?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:10 pm

Looking at the FLR(O) form, see Section 7A. You need to cover all of those items, as relevant.

So I think as well as Bank Statements, it will certainly do no harm to enclose a few recent payslips.
John

mundaGunda
Newly Registered

Post by mundaGunda » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:59 pm

Hi

I'm filling FLR(O) for my newborn.A bit confused because of fallowing quote
Don't leave them blank. Complete them as relevant. For example Q3.1 is obviously "D".

D is 'AU Pair', should I tick on it OR should I tick on other and in description write ' Dependent of HSMP visa holder'.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:37 am

D is 'AU Pair', should I tick on it OR should I tick on other and in description write ' Dependent of HSMP visa holder'.
Have you noticed the date of my post that you are quoting? Clearly the form has been redesigned in the last two years.
John

mundaGunda
Newly Registered

Post by mundaGunda » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:25 am

My apology :)

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:23 pm

No problem. Given the way the forms do get altered it is totally impossible to go back and change posts later.
Clearly the child is not an Au Pair, and I agree, I think you should tick "Other" and enter the text that you suggest.

Two years ago I also mentioned Q4.1. My recollection of the form two years ago was that Q4.1 then asked about criminal convictions, but that is now Q5.1.

The basic advice remains ... complete the form as if the baby was personally holding the pen and writing, with the exception of you signing the form in your normal signature, and you needing to make payment for the application.
John

mundaGunda
Newly Registered

Post by mundaGunda » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:19 pm

Will do. Many thnx for your advice, appreciate it

mundaGunda
Newly Registered

Post by mundaGunda » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:05 pm

Hi Again,

Writting in order to complete it. Hope someone else might find it helpful.

I applied on 14th aug,2008...they contacted me around 2nd oct as they want detailed birth certificate of baby showing parent names,I sent that straightaway and visa issued 14th oct,though I got passport on 14th nov.

Rgds

chandu2004

Post by chandu2004 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:42 am

Hi,

Congrats on getting the baby visa. I am in the same situation as yours and i am totally lost as to what documents to send

Can you please outline me the documents what all you sent.

Father's and New born's passport?
What is the application fee for the baby?
Original Baby Birth Certificate?
FLR (O)?
How many months bank statements do we need to send?
Do we need to send payslips and if so how many months payslips do we need to send along with the application.

Please let me know, if I missed any other documentation.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Regards

chandu2004

Post by chandu2004 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:52 am

Hi,

Congrats on getting the baby visa. I am in the same situation as yours and i am totally lost as to what documents to send

Can you please outline me the documents what all you sent.

Father's and New born's passport?
What is the application fee for the baby?
Original Baby Birth Certificate?
FLR (O)?
How many months bank statements do we need to send?
Do we need to send payslips and if so how many months payslips do we need to send along with the application.

Please let me know, if I missed any other documentation.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Regards

mundaGunda
Newly Registered

Post by mundaGunda » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:11 pm

Hi

FLR(O)
fee is same as for every FLR(O)
Passports obviously :)
Baby original birth certificate + birth certificate showing names of parents
3 month payslips
3 month bank statement
Cover letter by Father(if he is HSMP holder)

thats all I can recall quickly..

amkhawaja
Newly Registered

Child born in UK - HSMP Dependent

Post by amkhawaja » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:34 pm

Hi,

I am on HSMP that is valid for another year. Recently had my son born here in UK and now i was going to apply for his visa. I confirmed with Home Office which form to use and they advised me FLR(O).
I am sending all the relevant documents including my bank statements for last three months. The confusion i have is that my balance has been less than 500 pounds a couple of times during last three months and was wondering whether the condition of "Maintainence Funds" as introduced in Points based system (800 pounds for me + 533 for each dependent) will be applicable to my son's FLR application as i am responsible for their maintenence. Will the application be rejected?
I am confused because i have read in Point Based System Guidance Notes that HSMP holders will have to apply for extension under PBS system (although criteria for extension will be different to that of new application) BUT they will have to prove Maintenence ability.

I am confused about it. Could anyone please help and advise me? Many thanks!