ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

nz citizenship

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cakeinlondon
Newly Registered
Thailand

nz citizenship

Post by cakeinlondon » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:41 pm

hi my Aunte and uncle hold nz citizenship I'm her niece can they apply me a nz citizenship as well as their niece?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: nz citizenship

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:43 pm

cakeinlondon wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:41 pm
hi my Aunte and uncle hold nz citizenship I'm her niece can they apply me a nz citizenship as well as their niece?
Highly unlikely. New Zealand has similar Citizenship criteria, categories, residence and requirements as any other country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:38 pm

Generally every grant of citizenship to people not born in that country requires a period of residence in that country for a certain number of years. And generally only parents can sponsor their children for citizenship.

In case of New Zealand, one needs at least seven years of residency to apply for NZ citizenship by grant. Two years on a resident visa, followed by five years on a permanent resident visa.

New Zealand permanent residency
General grant of New Zealand citizenship
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

cakeinlondon
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by cakeinlondon » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:32 pm

so now that my Aunte and uncle already hold nz passport can they apply me as nz citizen as well as their niece?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:01 pm

cakeinlondon wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:32 pm
so now that my Aunte and uncle already hold nz passport can they apply me as nz citizen as well as their niece?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.