ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Abscences query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Navisa7

Husband’s naturalisation certificate missing

Post by Navisa7 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:12 pm

Hi Brilliant people,

There is a section on the naturalisation online application (AN) regarding spouse’s where it asks for the spouses Naturalisation certificate no. Unfortunately, my husband has lost this document( not made any copies too :( )and have just seen that applying for a duplicate costs £250.00(30days processing service standards). We are unable to leave it blank to proceed with the application, as I think the supportive docs( while running the dummy) proposes attaching either the passport or certificate as evidence, but not sure how we can skip this section.
Has anyone got any other idea? As this is the penultimate stage to what seems a never ending application process, I wouldn’t mind spending the extra £250, equally if there is a way around it , I would embrace this thankfully .
I look forward to hearing from the Mods( seem to find excellent support through this website more than any immigration services/even UKVI themselves).
Thanks
Nah

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Husband’s naturalisation certificate missing

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:10 am

Actually British Passport alone is not the proof of British Citizenship. The proof is Naturalisation certificate in your husband’s case.

The AN online form asks for the certificate number. The best would be to get the duplicate certificate so you can input the number.

You can bypass the question by inputting “0000” and explain in the cover letter, providing a copy of his British Passport (if he has one). But, then I do not know if HO will accept it or cause any delays without the Naturalisation certificate number in the AN form.

To avoid any unforeseen circumstances, best to get the duplicate Naturalisation Certificate.

£250 for the certificate. Remember for the future, taking a photo of the certificate from your phone etc and keeping it safe in soft copy costs nothing.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Navisa7

Re: Husband’s naturalisation certificate missing

Post by Navisa7 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:20 am

Thanks Cullinan. We’ve been thinking along the same lines after this post and my husband has now submitted the online application for the duplicate. You are absolutely right , in this virtual age, it’s best to scan and keep a copy of everything on your tech gadgets.strangely my husband had all his docs copied/scanned except the naturalisation certificate. We still have the ceremony invites too.
Anxiously waiting for my set M outcome, may take 6 months .
In the meanwhile, let’s support each other.
Thanks a ton.
Nah

Navisa7

Abscences query

Post by Navisa7 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:24 pm

Hi All,
Hope you’re all doing well. I have a quick query. I’m currently planning to commence my naturalisation application as soon as I get my Set(M) 5 year route decision(which could be around September 2021- 6 month timeline)

I have an absence of 187 days ( 23 jan-27 July 2020) - stranded in India due to COVID. With my wishful thinking , assuming I be granted ILR in September, I would be submitting my naturalisation application straight after( I am in the process of filling our my application already as I have some leave at the moment). I would be meeting all the absence requirements for the preceding 3 year period in accordance to the 6(2) guidance- married to a BC . Would I still need to attach a covering letter(as I did with my ILR) to explain the above absence and attach supportive documents for the interruptions caused by COVID?
I shall look forward to hearing your thoughts on this.
All stay safe.
Kind Regards
Nah

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Abscences query

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:37 pm

ILR is part of immigration - naturalisation is nationality act, different requirements, etc.
There's no need to explain/justify the absences if you are with tolerances, unless you exceed the number normally allowed/disregarded.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Navisa7

Re: Abscences query

Post by Navisa7 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:32 pm

Thanks alterhase58. Puts my mind at rest now.
Best Wishes
Nah