ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application Update through email

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hui1234
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Application Update through email

Post by Hui1234 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:46 am

Hi All,

Hope everyone is well. This is my first post. I applied for British Citizenship in April 2021 and just received my application update through email from Home Office Atlas on 31 July 2021. The title of the email is "Application Update" and title of the body is "Citizenship ceremony invitation". In the email, I was informed that my application has been approved and I have to attend my ceremony within three months of the date of this approval email. Is this my approval email or invitation email or both?

On the council website, it said "If you are successful in your application, the Home Office will send you a confirmation letter. The letter states that you must wait until you receive a formal invitation before book your ceremony."

I haven't receive any letters from Home Office. Do I have to wait for the letters before I can book my ceremony? Is it fine to book it with my email?

Your prompt response will be highly appreciated! Thank you very much!

K187

Re: Application Update through email

Post by K187 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:05 am

I think that is both the approval and ceremony letter in one.I received one through the post like that this weekend.Booked my ceremony this morning.They will ask for a Poll number that is on the letter
Has your's got Certificate details,Poll number and the council ceremony venue you need to book?

Hui1234
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by Hui1234 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:17 am

There is only a ref number in the email but not the poll number. is that the poll number?
Only stated "Please contact the Citizenship Ceremonies Officer Kent to book your ceremony. You mush attend your ceremony within three months of the date of this approval email, so please contact the local authority early to ensure you can book a convenient time. Please wait one working days after receiving this approval before you try to book, as it may take a few days for documentation to arrive at the local authority." under 'What you must do now' section.

So does it mean I can either book it today or tomorrow?

K187

Post by K187 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:43 am

Give them a ring with the ref number and see what they say.

Hui1234
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by Hui1234 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:48 am

Thanks! I will give it a try