ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for Naturalization without Hubby's NC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MineLost
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Apply for Naturalization without Hubby's NC

Post by MineLost » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:25 pm

Hello Good People,

Please, I am married to a British husband and I was last week GRANTED ILR. I have only lived in the UK for 5 years and as someone who is married to a British, I can apply for Naturalization. The issue here is, I have all the required document (e.g Hubby's British passport, marriage certificate etc) with the exception of my Hubby's Naturalization certificate which we have misplaced it in our house.

can I still apply for Naturalization with Hubby's British passport as evidence of him being a British without his NC? If I can, what do I put on the form for the field of Naturalization certificate number of my Hubby?

Can I state misplaced and explain, as we do not remember the NC certificate number.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Apply for Naturalization without Hubby's NC

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:58 am

You don't need the certificate if you have his passport.

You can write 'document misplaced'.

Note, you should ALWAYS keep scanned copies of HO documents as you never know when you might need it.

£250 to replace a certificate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MineLost
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by MineLost » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:47 pm

Thanks for your response.

But the other issue is that the online Naturalization form required the date of naturalization for my hubby which he is not sure of the exact date. We manage to find the letter from the home office dated on 9th Feb 2001 which accompanied his now misplaced NC. That letter acknowledged successfully Naturalization and enclose is his NC.

when I was applying for my ILR I used an estimated Naturalization date as 6th Feb 2001 which was not flag.

1. my question is can I use the same estimated date as Naturalization date for my Naturalization application since i cannot leave the field blank?

2. If HO finds out that the Naturalization date for my hubby on my form is incorrect, will I be charged with deception?

3. I am Not an EEC national, i have already lived in the UK for 5 yr 3 months and still married to a Britsh, can I apply on my own right since I am already 5 years or I will have to do ILR + 1 YEAR ;

Thanks for your help

MineLost
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by MineLost » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:22 am

Any suggestions pls...