ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for citizenship with CU80 and LC20 from 2009

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

skstorm
Newly Registered

applying for citizenship with CU80 and LC20 from 2009

Post by skstorm » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:10 am

Hi my husband was due to apply for citizenship in December however it has just been brought to my attention the difficulties with regards to traffic offences. my husband was pulled up for being on a mobile phone and was about to get a FPC however whe he advised the police officer of his licence he was told it wasn't valid and he was only eligible to drive on his povisional one (he had a cyprus turkish one which we thought was valid and provisional one ready to take uk test) as such the case had to go to court. He received 3 points + £60 fine for mobile phone offence and £35 fine for licence offence. by the time we went to court he had obtained a british licence to prove it wouldn't happen again. The conviction date was May 2009.

We received ILR earlier this year without any problems, will this then effect citizenship application? or as it has been ok for ILR will it be ok for citizenship?

any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

zishi

Post by zishi » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:54 am

Did you mention these offences in your ILR application?

skstorm
Newly Registered

Post by skstorm » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:50 pm

yes we did and also had with us the court paperwork and driving licence with endorsements on.

We have also had a APCO police check done for a different visa and none of these showed up.