ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approval/ invitation letter from HO not arrived

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mhutch
Newly Registered

Approval/ invitation letter from HO not arrived

Post by Mhutch » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:04 pm

Hi. I applied in February 2021 for British citizenship. Did the biometrics in March 2021.
Heard nothing forme the HO since. My local authority contacted me by email offering me a date for my citizenship ceremony. I contacted them to say I hadn’t received my approval / invitation letter from the Home Office. They also said they had my certificate from the HO ( received in June 2021) but to wait for the letter from HO.
It’s 3 months since my local authority has received the certificate from HO and I still haven’t received the letter ( Sept 2021).
Could someone advise me as to what to do. HO don’t take phone calls and I haven’t had any replies to my emails. I seem to be going round in circles. Thank you

K187

Re: Approval/ invitation letter from HO not arrived

Post by K187 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:13 am

Have you also checked your email spam folder from the last 4 months in case home office sent the invitation letter by email?did you give the the correct email address when you made the application?Have you asked your local authority how long they will keep it for before its sent back to home office?