ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Marikistin
Philippines

BC queries

Post by Marikistin » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:23 pm

Hi all,
I have recently passed my English test and life in the uk test in preparation for British citizenship application but have some questions before applying:
My husband is from Northern Ireland and has British/Irish nationality....We have gained our permanent residence (DCPR) thru his Irish nationality and now we are going to use his British citizenship on the basis of application for our BC.....am I taking the right steps or will this confuse the Home Office? Please can you give any advise/ enlightenment and what's best to do. Thank you all in advance.

Marikistin
Philippines

Re: BC queries

Post by Marikistin » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:13 am

On further reading in here there are a couple fo things that worries me for/re: the good character requirement(s)...please can you advise of the following things if i should declare it?
1.) Had phoned 999 accidentally when husband was drunk and this has caused the police to come to our door and got our details then a few weeks later a letter from social services came only to say that the incident has been noted on their system...because if the children.
2.) I had been issued a Parking Penalty Charge Notice because my parking sticker was facing down, i wrote an explanation letter regarding this and sent it along with my parking sticker and had never got any reply from them after this was about 2016. Should i followw up or leave it as it is?
3.) Recently a TV licensed came to our door and had cautioned me even though the tv license was on my husbands name and the man had gave me this letter in which where we had both signed...we have since paid our tv license and our license is up to February 2019...is this a type of caution that i have to declare? ...this happened around march 2018.

I have read here somebody was refused citizenship cos of the tv license run-in but his/her case has went to court.

Please can senior members advise me on the things mentioned above if i need to declare them on my application and if it is worth to get a police record documents. Thank you so much in advance.