ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BN post Divorce

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Gingerhead7
Newly Registered
Mood:
Japan

BN post Divorce

Post by Gingerhead7 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:55 am

Hi all,
Hope this mesage finds you all beautiful people out there.
I have few confusions in my mind that I cant get out off..

I had got my ILR ( through Spouse of BC ) 12 months ago. And 3 months after receiving my ILR, my ex-wife decided to get separated so we decided to get a divorce from back home ( not in the UK).

My questions:

1. Can I apply for BC on my own ?
2.Do I need our marriage certificate while applying BC because it got lost back home?
3. Would I be able to apply for BC as I earn £7.30 an hour or is there any financial requirements in order to apply for BC?
4. Do I need to submit my divorce certificate while applying for BC?
5. And what sort of documents do I need to submit if I am eligible?
6. Since my ex-wife is a BC and I have an ILR and we hot divorced after we both were settled in the UK, will that divorce certificate from back home can be used as an official document or I must get a divorce officially from the UK in order to get separated legally in the UK?

Thank you all

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: BN post Divorce

Post by Hstepper07 » Sun May 20, 2018 10:57 am

1. You can if you meet the 5yr residence requirement plus 1yr residence
2.No since you are applying on your own.
3. You are not required to be in employment to apply
4.see below
5. Not required

Passport/Travel Document to cover past 5 years (if passport or travel document does not cover past 5 years you will require alternative evidence, see below)
Confirmation of Indefinite Leave to Remain (held for 12 months or more)
Life in UK for all countries
PLUS
- B1 from an approved test centre or any degree taught in English , if done abroad you need to get two covering letters from NARIC UK on 0871 330 7033 (comparability & taught in English medium)
Alternative Evidence for Adult to cover the past 5 years

P60's
Letter from Employer
Letter from College/University (must read ‘attended’ along with confirmation of start & end date)
Statement of Taxes from Inland Revenue
Child/Family Tax Credit Statement
Child Benefit Letter
Jobseekers Allowance Letter (recently dated and confirming the start & end date)
Income Support Letter (recently dated and confirming the start & end date)
Housing Association Letter (recently dated and confirming the start & end date)