ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship any issue ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing

British citizenship any issue ?

Post by nidaulhaque » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:57 pm

I was on asylum and it was still pending and then got married with eea national German (proxy marriage) or Islamic marriage on January 2008
Applied for residance card in March 2008.
Applied for certificate of approval in May 2009 (to register marriage here in uk) which given in in June 2009

Sent original uk marriage certificate to home office and they issued residance card in June 2009.

Then applied for permanent residance card not after completing the date of 5 year from issuing residance card date but after applying completing 5 years from proxy marriage. 2008 to 2013.

On March 2013 Applied for permanent residance card which is approved on June 2013.

Now after reading other user post his application refused on that basics that he was working illegally.

When I applied for residance card in 2008 I given permission to work and after getting national insurance I was working from June 2008 but my residance issued in june 2009.

So can they still say I was working illegally ? From June 2008 to June 2009?

If yes then why they given permission to work? I have proof from home office.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: British citizenship any issue ?

Post by cyclina1 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:41 pm

If you are given permission to work with the residance card in March 2008, of course you are NOT working illegally from June 2008 onwards.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing

Post by nidaulhaque » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:57 pm

Thanks for reply

Residence card applied on march 2008 and issued on June 2009

under European law when someone make application for residence card home office issue letter and give permission to work while application is pending for residence card

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:07 pm

For clarity, the OP is concerned about the advice in this thread potentially applying to him.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.