ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Post Reply
chubbziee
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:23 am
Philippines

British Citizenship Application

Post by chubbziee » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:50 am

Hi good morning,

I hope somebody can help answer my questions please regarding the application for British Citizenship.

My father-in-law would like to apply for Naturalisation this month. He is non-EU and he has held his ILR for more than 2 years now.

My questions are:

1. Can you still apply by postal application if you live in England? or do you need to apply online now?

2. Can you still use the Nationality Checking Service or is this service no longer available anywhere?

3. If you apply online, do you need to use the UKVCAS? Is this the new service replacement for NCS?

4. After you apply and submit your application, do you need to update the Home Office if you change/quit your job?

Any help is much appreciated :D

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 70908
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship Application

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:53 am

1. He should apply online. He then gets to keep hold of his original documents (passport and BRP etc) while waiting.

2. NCS no longer exists. It was closed a year ago.

3. Yes, UKCVAS for Biometrics and document check.

4. No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chubbziee
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:23 am
Philippines

Re: British Citizenship Application

Post by chubbziee » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:55 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:53 am
1. He should apply online. He then gets to keep hold of his original documents (passport and BRP etc) while waiting.

2. NCS no longer exists. It was closed a year ago.

3. Yes, UKCVAS for Biometrics and document check.

4. No.
Thank you so much CR001 for your quick reply :D :D :D

Love_GB
Member
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:36 am
Mood:

Re: British Citizenship Application

Post by Love_GB » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:00 pm

chubbziee wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:50 am
Hi good morning,

I hope somebody can help answer my questions please regarding the application for British Citizenship.

My father-in-law would like to apply for Naturalisation this month. He is non-EU and he has held his ILR for more than 2 years now.

My questions are:

1. Can you still apply by postal application if you live in England? or do you need to apply online now?

2. Can you still use the Nationality Checking Service or is this service no longer available anywhere?

3. If you apply online, do you need to use the UKVCAS? Is this the new service replacement for NCS?

4. After you apply and submit your application, do you need to update the Home Office if you change/quit your job?

Any help is much appreciated :
Good morning chubbziee .


1. Can you still apply by postal application if you live in England? or do you need to apply online now?
you need to apply online if you are in the UK

2. Can you still use the Nationality Checking Service or is this service no longer available anywhere?
NCS's are no longer exist

3. If you apply online, do you need to use the UKVCAS? Is this the new service replacement for NCS?
when you submit your application you will be directed to the UKVCAS to book the appointment for your Biometric data

4. After you apply and submit your application, do you need to update the Home Office if you change/quit your job?

I think you may need to inform the HO for any changes on your circumstances while your application is being processed

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 70908
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship Application

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:02 pm

Love_GB wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:00 pm
4. After you apply and submit your application, do you need to update the Home Office if you change/quit your job?

I think you may need to inform the HO for any changes on your circumstances while your application is being processed
There is NO requirement to update HO. It is not an immigration application that would require HO to be informed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Love_GB
Member
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:36 am
Mood:

Re: British Citizenship Application

Post by Love_GB » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:02 pm
Love_GB wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:00 pm
4. After you apply and submit your application, do you need to update the Home Office if you change/quit your job?

I think you may need to inform the HO for any changes on your circumstances while your application is being processed
There is NO requirement to update HO. It is not an immigration application that would require HO to be informed.



Hello CR001,
i did not say you had to update the HO , i just said you may need to ,
thank you for the clarification

chubbziee
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:23 am
Philippines

Re: British Citizenship Application

Post by chubbziee » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:52 pm

Love_GB wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:00 pm
chubbziee wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:50 am
Hi good morning,

I hope somebody can help answer my questions please regarding the application for British Citizenship.

My father-in-law would like to apply for Naturalisation this month. He is non-EU and he has held his ILR for more than 2 years now.

My questions are:

1. Can you still apply by postal application if you live in England? or do you need to apply online now?

2. Can you still use the Nationality Checking Service or is this service no longer available anywhere?

3. If you apply online, do you need to use the UKVCAS? Is this the new service replacement for NCS?

4. After you apply and submit your application, do you need to update the Home Office if you change/quit your job?

Any help is much appreciated :
Good morning chubbziee .


1. Can you still apply by postal application if you live in England? or do you need to apply online now?
you need to apply online if you are in the UK

2. Can you still use the Nationality Checking Service or is this service no longer available anywhere?
NCS's are no longer exist

3. If you apply online, do you need to use the UKVCAS? Is this the new service replacement for NCS?
when you submit your application you will be directed to the UKVCAS to book the appointment for your Biometric data

4. After you apply and submit your application, do you need to update the Home Office if you change/quit your job?

I think you may need to inform the HO for any changes on your circumstances while your application is being processed
Thank you :D :D :D

chubbziee
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:23 am
Philippines

Employment supporting documents

Post by chubbziee » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:44 pm

Hi,

I have been reading the Guide AN and Form AN for the Citizenship application.

Just need to clarify some points on the employment supporting documents as I am a bit confused. I hope someone can help me with these please?

Info from GUIDE AN:
Applications made on the basis of residence in the United
Kingdom
Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 years (or, if the applicant is married to or in
civil partnership to a British citizen, 3 years) before the date of the application.
• Your passports
• If you are unable to provide your passport explain why and supply letters from
employers (including start and finish dates), payslips, P60s,

Info from Form AN:
SECTION 10 Evidence of National Insurance contributions covering the relevant period:
• payslips
• P60’s
• letter or letters from your employer or employers confirming you have worked in their
employment including start and finish dates

1. If you are applying on the basis of 5 years residence period (non-EU and NOT married to BC) and if you are unemployed, if you have all your passports (old and current), do you still need to submit your old payslips, P60's and letter from employer with your passports or can you submit just your passports as evidence of 5 year residence?

2. If unemployed, can you submit letter of employment, payslips, P60's from (most recent) previous employer? or do you need to be employed to be eligible to apply for Citizenship?

3. Are the requirements exactly the same for postal and online application?

Your help is greatly appreciated :D

User avatar
alterhase58
Respected Guru
Posts: 2689
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:02 pm
Location: UK Bucks
Germany

Re: Employment supporting documents

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:52 pm

1. No - just passports
2. No - not required - employment is not a requirement for naturalisation
3. It's online only now.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice - they will be ignored

User avatar
alterhase58
Respected Guru
Posts: 2689
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:02 pm
Location: UK Bucks
Germany

Re: British Citizenship Application

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:56 pm

4. After you apply and submit your application, do you need to update the Home Office if you change/quit your job?
Not required for job changes.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice - they will be ignored

chubbziee
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:23 am
Philippines

Re: Employment supporting documents

Post by chubbziee » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:46 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:52 pm
1. No - just passports
2. No - not required - employment is not a requirement for naturalisation
3. It's online only now.
Thank you for your reply Alterhase58. If I got it right, if unemployed you don't need to provide any supporting documents to show NI contributions covering the 5 year period? Is this correct?

User avatar
alterhase58
Respected Guru
Posts: 2689
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:02 pm
Location: UK Bucks
Germany

Re: Employment supporting documents

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:55 pm

chubbziee wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:46 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:52 pm
1. No - just passports
2. No - not required - employment is not a requirement for naturalisation
3. It's online only now.
Thank you for your reply Alterhase58. If I got it right, if unemployed you don't need to provide any supporting documents to show NI contributions covering the 5 year period? Is this correct?
Yes. As you are non-EU your passport with stamps is proof of residence. You do not need to prove that you have paid NI contributions or taxes - UKVI does check HMRC records.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice - they will be ignored

chubbziee
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:23 am
Philippines

Re: Employment supporting documents

Post by chubbziee » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:12 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:55 pm
chubbziee wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:46 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:52 pm
1. No - just passports
2. No - not required - employment is not a requirement for naturalisation
3. It's online only now.
Thank you for your reply Alterhase58. If I got it right, if unemployed you don't need to provide any supporting documents to show NI contributions covering the 5 year period? Is this correct?
Yes. As you are non-EU your passport with stamps is proof of residence. You do not need to prove that you have paid NI contributions or taxes - UKVI does check HMRC records.
Thank you for clearing that up :D Thanks for your help :D

ilovethebeatles
Member
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:12 am

Re: British Citizenship Application

Post by ilovethebeatles » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:38 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:02 pm
Love_GB wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:00 pm
4. After you apply and submit your application, do you need to update the Home Office if you change/quit your job?

I think you may need to inform the HO for any changes on your circumstances while your application is being processed
There is NO requirement to update HO. It is not an immigration application that would require HO to be informed.
Hi CR001, I know it is not my topic but may I ask if your comment regarding "NO requirement to update HO" is applicable to all events (except: arrests or charged with an offence - as per the Guide Booklet) or it is simply a reply to this specific query about job change?

Thank you!

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 70908
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship Application

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:46 pm

ilovethebeatles wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:38 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:02 pm
Love_GB wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:00 pm
4. After you apply and submit your application, do you need to update the Home Office if you change/quit your job?

I think you may need to inform the HO for any changes on your circumstances while your application is being processed
There is NO requirement to update HO. It is not an immigration application that would require HO to be informed.
Hi CR001, I know it is not my topic but may I ask if your comment regarding "NO requirement to update HO" is applicable to all events (except: arrests or charged with an offence - as per the Guide Booklet) or it is simply a reply to this specific query about job change?

Thank you!
1. Please continue to ask your questions in your own topic instead of continuing to ask in another members thread. It is considered rude and unfair to the op.

2. My answer was specifi to the items you asked about.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Post Reply
cron