Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - New Online Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mrchaany

Online application for naturalisation no more NCS but other service

Post by Mrchaany » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:14 am

https://www.hounslow.gov.uk/info/20121/ ... ng_service

Please click the above link, it means online application then Nationality Document Return Service (NDRS) which is a less expensive and will return you original doc
Strong commitment, extreme faith and honesty will recognize your existence.

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

(Staring 30th Jan 2018) :: Nationality Document Return Service (NDRS)

Post by plabo » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:43 am

NDRS is starting tomorrow i.e 30th Jan for applying for AN/MN1 registration/citizenship.

In short, we will now all be applying online for UK citizenship. Complete payment, print out biometric letter and print out referee page. It will also give us a list of original documents to take to NCS appointment.

At the council, they will take copies of the original documents, online application form will already have been sent to home office online. Referee page will be taken as well and sent by NCS to Home Office. We will have our biometric letter generated at the end of the application so no more waiting for the letter in the post and no problems in cancelled/rejected payments.

Once application has been submitted online, have to apply at NCS WITHIN 10 days with original documents,

have a look at this council's page...

https://www.eastsussex.gov.uk/community ... vice-ndrs/

hopefully the other council's pages will update soon

i found this out today after emailing my own council (Hull City)

barabashka

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by barabashka » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:58 pm

Hm....This is interesting...
Does anyone know if the date of application will be the date of online application or the date of NCS appointment?
I can apply for citizenship from March 7th 2018. Does it mean I can submit the online application on let's say March 1st, and have the NCS appointment on March 7th...or, I can only submit the online application on March 7th?

cceaski13
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by cceaski13 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:34 pm

Definitely the day the online application is made.
NCS is no longer NCS.
they are just the Nationality Document Return Service (NDRS)

Totara94
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Totara94 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:35 am

This thread is really helpful. I have a different question regarding date of application. I was told I have to make sure I was in the UK 5 years earlier on the date of application. I'm eligible to apply for BC on 8th February, but I was out of the country on holiday from 16th/17th February 2013 and from 21 Feb - 11 March 2013. If I fill in the online form on 8th Feb 2018, is that received date of application or do they wait for your documents before they mark as date of application (in which case I might be out of the country 5 years ago on that date).

Totara94
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Totara94 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:48 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:11 pm
MrA2Z wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:55 pm
shakeerahT wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:49 am
MrA2Z wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:47 pm
Hi Guys, I am going to apply for citizenship. I am thinking to apply online and nearly completed the form but stuck on the following question:

Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?
Yes/No

I got ILR through 10 year route in 2013. The answer to the above question is definitely Yes. After entering details of ILR application, it is asking the same question again

Have you previously made any other UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?
Yes/No

Should I answer Yes to the above and give history of all applications made for Student Visas? In my opinion, applications for Student visas are not Immigration applications and No is the better response.
yes , you will need to provide all visa applications you ve ever made to the UKBA even the ones made from outside the UK. I think this is for them to review your immigration history.
Thanks Shakeerah. It will be difficult to give the dates and HO reference for all the applications since 2003. If I would say no and give less information then it would be classed as providing wrong information.
Yes it would. Put as much as you can remember or order a SAR to see what your full history is.

Thanks Shakeerah! This is good to know. What is a SAR and how do you order one?

barabashka

Post by barabashka » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:46 pm

Hi everyone
Does anyone know how long the online application process can be in process of completing the forms?
If let's say I start the application now and then work on it for the next couple weeks....would it allow me such a long period, or there is a limit on how long one can work on the application online?
I am just thinking that I might start and then realize I need to go a check some details...
Thanks!

MrA2Z
Pakistan

Post by MrA2Z » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:42 pm

Totara94 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:35 am
This thread is really helpful. I have a different question regarding date of application. I was told I have to make sure I was in the UK 5 years earlier on the date of application. I'm eligible to apply for BC on 8th February, but I was out of the country on holiday from 16th/17th February 2013 and from 21 Feb - 11 March 2013. If I fill in the online form on 8th Feb 2018, is that received date of application or do they wait for your documents before they mark as date of application (in which case I might be out of the country 5 years ago on that date).
Submission date is the online submission date when you will pay for it.

Ceebee
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Ceebee » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:18 pm

barabashka wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:46 pm
Hi everyone
Does anyone know how long the online application process can be in process of completing the forms?
If let's say I start the application now and then work on it for the next couple weeks....would it allow me such a long period, or there is a limit on how long one can work on the application online?
I am just thinking that I might start and then realize I need to go a check some details...
Thanks!
For data protection purposes your application is deleted from the online portal after 3 months.
I left mine 'in progress' for a couple of weeks before submitting whilst getting my details together, and after submission I had a message saying I'll be able to access the application details online for three months before it will be deleted from the portal.

barabashka

Post by barabashka » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:24 pm

Ceebee wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:18 pm
barabashka wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:46 pm
Hi everyone
Thanks!
For data protection purposes your application is deleted from the online portal after 3 months.
I left mine 'in progress' for a couple of weeks before submitting whilst getting my details together, and after submission I had a message saying I'll be able to access the application details online for three months before it will be deleted from the portal.
So, 2 weeks working on the application is possible then...
Thanks!

Happycar
Newly Registered

Post by Happycar » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:49 pm

FYI. My NCS officer told me to hold off until 31/1/18 as the government are changing the online process to doing naturalisation and passport application as one online portal. She said NCS remit is being scaled back and won’t be able to do passport forms like the old way.
She said there will be no benefit using NCS as she said the guidance she read was that the new online process will return your documents to you whilst awaiting processing and if there is anything missing from the evidence or more detail needed in the application, then they will write to you where you have 14 days to submit what they ask.
I’ll be doing this tomorrow so will hopefully have a field report thereafter!

Totara94
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Totara94 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:39 am

Happycar wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:49 pm
FYI. My NCS officer told me to hold off until 31/1/18 as the government are changing the online process to doing naturalisation and passport application as one online portal. She said NCS remit is being scaled back and won’t be able to do passport forms like the old way.
She said there will be no benefit using NCS as she said the guidance she read was that the new online process will return your documents to you whilst awaiting processing and if there is anything missing from the evidence or more detail needed in the application, then they will write to you where you have 14 days to submit what they ask.
I’ll be doing this tomorrow so will hopefully have a field report thereafter!
Wow - this is great news! Please report back. I'm applying on 8th Feb and have started the online form to get everything ready. Would be amazing if I can do passport as well.

It would be really helpful to hear from more people about how long the whole process took. ShakeerahT took less than a month, which is amazing. What kind of timeframes is everyone else getting from application to approval with the online application? Please let us know on this forum,!

Happycar
Newly Registered

Post by Happycar » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:59 am

....well, I've must went online to do the AN and Passport that allegedly started today. Hmmm. Still seems to be the same old online link. I'll give them a phone and see whats what.

Happycar
Newly Registered

Post by Happycar » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:26 am

UPDATE on my 2 posts above.
My checking service has this all wrong. Just spoke to the Home Office. Process is Online application, then you either post documents to Home Office or YOU MUST have your NCS appointment within 10 days of your online application submission.

Sorry for the confusion.

Mods (feel free to delete my post 2 above if needs be)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:02 am

Happycar wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:26 am
My checking service has this all wrong. Just spoke to the Home Office. Process is Online application, then you either post documents to Home Office or YOU MUST have your NCS appointment within 10 days of your online application submission.

Sorry for the confusion.

Think it is still wrong (not surprising from the call centre). If applying online, you can't use NCS as far as I understand.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:36 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:02 am
Happycar wrote:

Sorry for the confusion.

Think it is still wrong (not surprising from the call centre). If applying online, you can't use NCS as far as I understand.
http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/20002/ ... ceremonies
The Nationality Document Return Service (NDRS) available from the 30 January 2018 allows those applying online, to become a British Citizen, the opportunity to retain their original supporting documents while their application is being processed. As a participating local authority we will photocopy and stamp your supporting documents and send them Royal Mail Special Delivery to UKVI. This is for AN and MN1 applications only.
Still not worth it IMHO

vinosubr
Newly Registered

Post by vinosubr » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:42 pm

can we use passport online application
https://www.gov.uk/browse/abroad/passports

spfc

Post by spfc » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:57 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:02 am
Happycar wrote:

Sorry for the confusion.

If you apply online you can either:

- send the original documents by post
or
- within 10 days of submitting the application attend an appointment with the council for the new service called NDRS (Nationality Document Return Service). This is similar to the old NCS, but with a new name and is specific to online applications.

MrA2Z
Pakistan

Post by MrA2Z » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:33 pm

vinosubr wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:42 pm
can we use passport online application
https://www.gov.uk/browse/abroad/passports
No, that is not for first passport but renew or updates etc.

niceman30092008
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by niceman30092008 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:59 pm

Hi there, Please
i would like to ask about the referee forms in case of applying online ,would i be able to fill them now as in hard copy and get them ready and save time , even if my ILR ( Indefinite leave to remain )going to be one year on 13 February 2018 .Or do i need to wait till i apply online and get the form which i will get it when i print off online application form .