ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - New Online Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

zindagi03
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:42 am

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by zindagi03 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:47 pm

hi moderators and users.
I went today the one in the Birmingham core office. very easy going procedure. i already uploaded my documents so they just took the bio metric, pic and scan my first passport page. luckily i got response from UKVI same day after couple of hours with case number.

One thing which confused me, They didnnot took my referee's letters. even though i asked them as well if i dont need to send these letters then whats the purpose for these docs. but they said we dont need these letters .any body who has same experience.??

User avatar
alterhase58
Respected Guru
Posts: 4054
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:02 pm
Location: UK Bucks
Germany

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:23 am

zindagi03 wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:47 pm
hi moderators and users.
I went today the one in the Birmingham core office. very easy going procedure. i already uploaded my documents so they just took the bio metric, pic and scan my first passport page. luckily i got response from UKVI same day after couple of hours with case number.

One thing which confused me, They didnnot took my referee's letters. even though i asked them as well if i dont need to send these letters then whats the purpose for these docs. but they said we dont need these letters .any body who has same experience.??
What is a referee letter?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice - they will be ignored

shi12345678
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:21 am
India

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application : surname BLANK ISSUE

Post by shi12345678 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:03 pm

Dear Friends

I am applying for citizenship for me and my family.I would like your advise on an issue I have come across while filling application .
In the on line application for citizenship, while filling the form on (https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... pplication.

The main problem is my mother has only given name and no surname, so surname part in passport, or any other documentation is empty .

When I try to fill following part of the form " Give details about your first parent" , I cannot fill surname because mothers name has no surname. So I left it blank . But the system is not letting me go further in the application . I tried to put the given name blank and write the given name in surname section : even then system doesnot allow me to go further.

So for time being , I have put same name in both first name and surname, to continue remaining part of the form . But I would like to get your suggestion , if such happens , other organisations have given some instructions to fill . (as I learnt by searching , I realised they suggest to fill a . or - ) . I woukd be gratefulif you could give your valuable advise.

Sorry for this inconvenience
Thanks

User avatar
alterhase58
Respected Guru
Posts: 4054
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:02 pm
Location: UK Bucks
Germany

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application : surname BLANK ISSUE

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:07 pm

shi12345678 wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:03 pm
Dear Friends

I am applying for citizenship for me and my family.I would like your advise on an issue I have come across while filling application .
In the on line application for citizenship, while filling the form on (https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... pplication.

The main problem is my mother has only given name and no surname, so surname part in passport, or any other documentation is empty .

When I try to fill following part of the form " Give details about your first parent" , I cannot fill surname because mothers name has no surname. So I left it blank . But the system is not letting me go further in the application . I tried to put the given name blank and write the given name in surname section : even then system doesnot allow me to go further.

So for time being , I have put same name in both first name and surname, to continue remaining part of the form . But I would like to get your suggestion , if such happens , other organisations have given some instructions to fill . (as I learnt by searching , I realised they suggest to fill a . or - ) . I woukd be gratefulif you could give your valuable advise.

Sorry for this inconvenience
Thanks
Why don't you state the fact there is no surname by typing in "none"? And perhaps explain the fact?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice - they will be ignored

zindagi03
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:42 am

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by zindagi03 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:57 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:23 am
zindagi03 wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:47 pm
hi moderators and users.
I went today the one in the Birmingham core office. very easy going procedure. i already uploaded my documents so they just took the bio metric, pic and scan my first passport page. luckily i got response from UKVI same day after couple of hours with case number.

One thing which confused me, They didnnot took my referee's letters. even though i asked them as well if i dont need to send these letters then whats the purpose for these docs. but they said we dont need these letters .any body who has same experience.??
What is a referee letter?
Hi
Sorry for inconvenience. these are Referee declaration forms .

zindagi03
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:42 am

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by zindagi03 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:38 am

hi moderators and users.
I went Birmingham core office to submit naturalization application.
They didnnot took my Referee declaration forms . even though i asked them. but they said we dont need these letters.

anybody who has same experience.??

Many thanks in advance.

shi12345678
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:21 am
India

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application : surname BLANK ISSUE

Post by shi12345678 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:13 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:07 pm
shi12345678 wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:03 pm
Dear Friends

I am applying for citizenship for me and my family.I would like your advise on an issue I have come across while filling application .
In the on line application for citizenship, while filling the form on (https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... pplication.

The main problem is my mother has only given name and no surname, so surname part in passport, or any other documentation is empty .

When I try to fill following part of the form " Give details about your first parent" , I cannot fill surname because mothers name has no surname. So I left it blank . But the system is not letting me go further in the application . I tried to put the given name blank and write the given name in surname section : even then system doesnot allow me to go further.

So for time being , I have put same name in both first name and surname, to continue remaining part of the form . But I would like to get your suggestion , if such happens , other organisations have given some instructions to fill . (as I learnt by searching , I realised they suggest to fill a . or - ) . I woukd be gratefulif you could give your valuable advise.

Sorry for this inconvenience
Thanks
Why don't you state the fact there is no surname by typing in "none"? And perhaps explain the fact?
Thanks . i will do it . I hope that should work. but I dont know if some one is already in the same situation, so that I get reassurance ..

johnhkg
Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 am
Hong Kong

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by johnhkg » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:42 pm

zindagi03 wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:47 pm
hi moderators and users.
I went today the one in the Birmingham core office. very easy going procedure. i already uploaded my documents so they just took the bio metric, pic and scan my first passport page. luckily i got response from UKVI same day after couple of hours with case number.

One thing which confused me, They didnnot took my referee's letters. even though i asked them as well if i dont need to send these letters then whats the purpose for these docs. but they said we dont need these letters .any body who has same experience.??
Did you not scan and upload the referee declarations? I recently did this and found that UKVCAS do not accept any paper documents, scans only.

johnhkg
Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 am
Hong Kong

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application : surname BLANK ISSUE

Post by johnhkg » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:50 pm

shi12345678 wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:03 pm
Dear Friends

I am applying for citizenship for me and my family.I would like your advise on an issue I have come across while filling application .
In the on line application for citizenship, while filling the form on (https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... pplication.

The main problem is my mother has only given name and no surname, so surname part in passport, or any other documentation is empty .

When I try to fill following part of the form " Give details about your first parent" , I cannot fill surname because mothers name has no surname. So I left it blank . But the system is not letting me go further in the application . I tried to put the given name blank and write the given name in surname section : even then system doesnot allow me to go further.

So for time being , I have put same name in both first name and surname, to continue remaining part of the form . But I would like to get your suggestion , if such happens , other organisations have given some instructions to fill . (as I learnt by searching , I realised they suggest to fill a . or - ) . I woukd be gratefulif you could give your valuable advise.

Sorry for this inconvenience
Thanks
I agree, the online form is not user friendly and there's no function to input explanations for missing data. The biggest problem I found was with dates. For one person I do not have a full date of birth, but you cannot leave any field blank or leave out the day or month or input "xx", so I just had to make up a date.

If I could have a chat with the designer of this online form he'd walk away with a very red face!!!

I agree with alterhase58, just put 'none" in place of the missing name (just like Jack None Reacher - if you read Lee Child books :-))

masoodhussain
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:43 am

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by masoodhussain » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:07 pm

johnhkg wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:42 pm
zindagi03 wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:47 pm
hi moderators and users.
I went today the one in the Birmingham core office. very easy going procedure. i already uploaded my documents so they just took the bio metric, pic and scan my first passport page. luckily i got response from UKVI same day after couple of hours with case number.

One thing which confused me, They didnnot took my referee's letters. even though i asked them as well if i dont need to send these letters then whats the purpose for these docs. but they said we dont need these letters .any body who has same experience.??
Did you not scan and upload the referee declarations? I recently did this and found that UKVCAS do not accept any paper documents, scans only.
many thanks for reply. i insisted them to upload these because otherwise tgese are useless. so fortunately they scanned it.
i wish you will get a quick positive decision.
many thanks

arovbukay
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:00 am

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by arovbukay » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:38 am

zindagi03 wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:47 pm
hi moderators and users.
I went today the one in the Birmingham core office. very easy going procedure. i already uploaded my documents so they just took the bio metric, pic and scan my first passport page. luckily i got response from UKVI same day after couple of hours with case number.

One thing which confused me, They didnnot took my referee's letters. even though i asked them as well if i dont need to send these letters then whats the purpose for these docs. but they said we dont need these letters .any body who has same experience.??
Hi - what exactly did you get back " luckily i got response from UKVI same day after couple of hours with case number." from which email address?

They scanned my referral letters which is weird as they asked the referees to write your name on the back of the photos :S

Kancho
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:01 pm

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by Kancho » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:04 pm

Hi im in process of online application where the referee details required and i have filled my two referee details in the section so my question is do i need to get their signatures as well as a part of my online application and will it give the option at the end under declaration section please who done this already guide me .Thanks

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79263
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:19 pm

Kancho wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:04 pm
Hi im in process of online application where the referee details required and i have filled my two referee details in the section so my question is do i need to get their signatures as well as a part of my online application and will it give the option at the end under declaration section please who done this already guide me .Thanks
Yes, you will need to print it off and get them each to sign.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

skyscraper101
Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:53 pm

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by skyscraper101 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:46 pm

We went to the UKVCAS center in Croydon on 20th Dec to do Biometrics and scan docs. Should we have expected a case number by now (31st Dec)?

The UKVCAS website still seems to be available to login and upload additional documents. How long does it normally take to proceed to the next step?

Kancho
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:01 pm

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by Kancho » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:19 pm
Kancho wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:04 pm
Hi im in process of online application where the referee details required and i have filled my two referee details in the section so my question is do i need to get their signatures as well as a part of my online application and will it give the option at the end under declaration section please who done this already guide me .Thanks
Yes, you will need to print it off and get them each to sign.
Thanks for the reply

Kinan
- thin ice -
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:36 am
Mood:

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by Kinan » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:19 pm
Kancho wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:04 pm
Hi im in process of online application where the referee details required and i have filled my two referee details in the section so my question is do i need to get their signatures as well as a part of my online application and will it give the option at the end under declaration section please who done this already guide me .Thanks
Yes, you will need to print it off and get them each to sign.
Thanks everybody for your useful participation, additionally to referee form signature, will sign date a problem? if has been signed within the last month before submitting the online application or will need to be signed and dated after submitting the application ?
Thanks in advance

Hioru
Junior Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:12 am

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by Hioru » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:18 pm

arovbukay wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:38 am
zindagi03 wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:47 pm
hi moderators and users.
I went today the one in the Birmingham core office. very easy going procedure. i already uploaded my documents so they just took the bio metric, pic and scan my first passport page. luckily i got response from UKVI same day after couple of hours with case number.

One thing which confused me, They didnnot took my referee's letters. even though i asked them as well if i dont need to send these letters then whats the purpose for these docs. but they said we dont need these letters .any body who has same experience.??
They scanned my referral letters which is weird as they asked the referees to write your name on the back of the photos :S
Wait what, I thought the applicant was meant to write the name and dates at the back of the picture! That's what I did lol... 😅

The text on the form said "This  part  of  the  form  is  to  be  filled  in  by  the  applicant’s  referees  once  their  photograph  has  been  attached,  as  explained  above.", so I did the picture part and tgen posted to my referees for them to fill the form. Well, will see what happens now!

shi12345678
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:21 am
India

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application : PARENTAL CONSENT

Post by shi12345678 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:08 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

In the new ONLINE form , documents to be sent has list . One of them is
"A letter of consent from Mr ...'s parent(s) or legal guardian(s)"

Is there any example of consent form? or shall i just fill the part in mn1 form and scan it and send ?

Thanks for response in advance

best reagrds

johnhkg
Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 am
Hong Kong

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by johnhkg » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:41 pm

Wait what, I thought the applicant was meant to write the name and dates at the back of the picture! That's what I did lol... 😅

The text on the form said "This  part  of  the  form  is  to  be  filled  in  by  the  applicant’s  referees  once  their  photograph  has  been  attached,  as  explained  above.", so I did the picture part and tgen posted to my referees for them to fill the form. Well, will see what happens now!
You are correct. Applicant is to write full name and date of birth on back of photo before fixing onto the form. Then the referees can sign. This is to ensure that if the photo becomes detached (e.g. at UKVI) it can be correctly identified. However, with the new system the referee documents never leave your hand, you scan and upload them to UKVCAS website.

luhpaoli
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:51 pm

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by luhpaoli » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:13 pm

Hi All,

I am submitting my application together with my husband, can someone advise, if you have chosen the new service, you need to pay the service fee per person?

cheers.

User avatar
alterhase58
Respected Guru
Posts: 4054
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:02 pm
Location: UK Bucks
Germany

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:43 pm

luhpaoli wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:13 pm
Hi All,

I am submitting my application together with my husband, can someone advise, if you have chosen the new service, you need to pay the service fee per person?

cheers.
The fee is per person - each application is individual.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice - they will be ignored

Kinan
- thin ice -
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:36 am
Mood:

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by Kinan » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:18 pm

Thanks everybody for your useful participation, additionally to referee form signature, will sign date a problem? if has been signed within the last month before submitting the online application or will need to be signed and dated after submitting the application ?
Thanks in advance

skyscraper101
Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:53 pm

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by skyscraper101 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:05 am

We made our application back at the beginning of December, uploaded scanned docs to the Sopra Steria UKVCAS site, and registered Biometrics in Croydon (with some additional docs they scanned there) on 20th December.

It's now Jan 2 and the Sopra Steria / UKVCA Site is still open to log into, and lets us send additional scaned docs. Does anyone have any idea how long this remains open for once they've enrolled biometrics? Does it automatically progress with a case number at any point? We were given no indication once we left the facility in Croydon what happens next, and how long it takes to proceed with a case number.

johnhkg
Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 am
Hong Kong

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by johnhkg » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:14 pm

skyscraper101 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:05 am
We made our application back at the beginning of December, uploaded scanned docs to the Sopra Steria UKVCAS site, and registered Biometrics in Croydon (with some additional docs they scanned there) on 20th December.

It's now Jan 2 and the Sopra Steria / UKVCA Site is still open to log into, and lets us send additional scaned docs. Does anyone have any idea how long this remains open for once they've enrolled biometrics? Does it automatically progress with a case number at any point? We were given no indication once we left the facility in Croydon what happens next, and how long it takes to proceed with a case number.
This is typical of the problems being identified with the new UKVCAS system. There are glitches. Firstly UKVCAS do not provide any proof that you process with them has been successfully completed. Secondly they are supposed to transmit all documentation to UKVI that same day, but as you say, your account with them appears to still be active. Personally I'm not willing to input anything there just in case.

It will take time to improve their service.

Ancestor
Member
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:47 pm
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by Ancestor » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:57 pm

Kinan wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:18 pm
Thanks everybody for your useful participation, additionally to referee form signature, will sign date a problem? if has been signed within the last month before submitting the online application or will need to be signed and dated after submitting the application ?
Thanks in advance
Within last month should be fine, mine signed within month before and no problem.

Locked
cron