ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Jav13
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by Jav13 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:03 pm

Jav13 wrote:
Jav13 wrote:Application Timeline
Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New
Method of application: Check & Send
Date of application: 17.07.2014
Date application received by IPS: text received 23.07.14
Date of return of documents:
Date of receipt of interview letter:
Date of Passport Appointment:
Date of Passport Receipt:
Today received email from passport office that Interview letter was sent on19/08 which I will check in post today :(

longhorn1
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:25 am

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by longhorn1 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:09 pm

[quote="longhorn1"]Passport for: Adult (Naturalised Citizen)
Application Type: New
Method of application: Check & Send
Date of application: 09/07/2014
Date application received by IPS: 10/07/2014
SMS Received: 11/07/2014
Date of return of documents: 14/08/2014
Date of receipt of interview letter: 13/08/2014
Date of Passport Appointment: 16/08/2014
Date of Passport Receipt: 19/08/2014 :D

Received the passport yesterday. It took exactly 6years and 4 days to arrive at this place. Quite a tortuous journey but worth it..I hope! Learnt a lot from this forum free of charge (No money to the lawyers!)
All the best to all those still waiting.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:13 pm
Location: England

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by ryan2020 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:35 pm

Application Timeline
Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New (Naturalised Citizen)
Method of application: Check & Send PO
Date of application: 26/07/2014
Date application received by IPS: SMS on 31/07/2014
Date of return of documents: Awaiting
Date of receipt of interview letter: Awaiting
Date of Passport Appointment: Awaiting
Date of Passport Receipt: Awaiting

man4uni
Member
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:12 pm
Location: London

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by man4uni » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:10 pm

Jav13 wrote: Very helpful and interesting analysis.
Thank You Jav13, much appreciated! :D

spike_UK
Senior Member
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:54 am
Location: Burton upon Trent
Contact:

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by spike_UK » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:07 pm

Hi guys, I've heard that at the passport interview they say your passport will be with you within 10 or 14 working days but in fact they are getting it just the day after interview or max 3 days.
Question are

1- I have interview on Friday 16:15 so when should I expect my passport?
2- Do I have to be at home/signature required or they just droop it through the post.
Many thanks.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

angela05
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:43 am

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by angela05 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:29 pm

Application Timeline
Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New (Naturalised citizen)
Method of application: Check & Send PO
Date of application: 18/06/2014
Date application received by IPS: SMS on 24/06/2014
Date of return of documents: 26/07/14
Date of receipt of interview letter: 28/07/14
Date of Passport Appointment: 31/07/14
Date of Passport Printing SMS received: 01/08/14
Date of Passport Receipt: 02/08/14

techie78
Junior Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by techie78 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:25 pm

Application Type: New
Method of application: Check & Send
Date of application: 14/07/2014
Date application received by IPS: 17/07/2014
SMS Received: 18/07/2014
Date of return of documents: 12/08/2014
Date of receipt of interview letter: 13/08/2014
Date of Passport Appointment: 18/08/2014
Passport print SMS: 19/08/2014
Date of Passport Receipt: 20/08/2014

man4uni
Member
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:12 pm
Location: London

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by man4uni » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:29 am

spike_UK wrote:Hi guys, I've heard that at the passport interview they say your passport will be with you within 10 or 14 working days but in fact they are getting it just the day after interview or max 3 days.
Question are

1- I have interview on Friday 16:15 so when should I expect my passport?
A - Since it's in the evening, I would expect it on Monday
2- Do I have to be at home/signature required or they just droop it through the post.
A - I have seen in this forum that they need your signature else you have to rearrange, however in my case they just dropped it in the letterbox, though my family was home!
Many thanks.

Jav13
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by Jav13 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:42 pm

Jav13 wrote:
Jav13 wrote:
Jav13 wrote:Application Timeline
Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New
Method of application: Check & Send
Date of application: 17.07.2014
Date application received by IPS: 22.07.2014
SMS received: 23.07.14
Date of return of documents:
Date of receipt of interview letter: 21.08.2014 :D
Date of Passport Appointment: 27.08.14
Date of Passport Receipt:

whiskyzian
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:44 pm

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by whiskyzian » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:06 pm

Application Type: New
Method of application: Check & Send Hackney,London
Date of application: 11/08/2014
Date application received by IPS: 12/08/2014
SMS Received: 13/08/2014
Date of return of documents: tba
Date of receipt of interview letter: 20/08/2014
Date of Passport Appointment: 30/08/2014
Passport print SMS: tba
Date of Passport Receipt: tba

spike_UK
Senior Member
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:54 am
Location: Burton upon Trent
Contact:

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by spike_UK » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:23 pm

man4uni wrote:
spike_UK wrote:Hi guys, I've heard that at the passport interview they say your passport will be with you within 10 or 14 working days but in fact they are getting it just the day after interview or max 3 days.
Question are

1- I have interview on Friday 16:15 so when should I expect my passport?
A - Since it's in the evening, I would expect it on Monday
2- Do I have to be at home/signature required or they just droop it through the post.
A - I have seen in this forum that they need your signature else you have to rearrange, however in my case they just dropped it in the letterbox, though my family was home!
Many thanks.
Thanks man4uni, I thought they can also deliver on Saturday.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

spike_UK
Senior Member
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:54 am
Location: Burton upon Trent
Contact:

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by spike_UK » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:30 pm

[quote="spike_UK"]Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New
Method of application: Check & Send
Date of application: 9th July 2014
Date application received by Liv: 11 Jul 2014
Date of return of documents: 18/08/14
Date of receipt of interview letter: 15/08/14
Date of Passport Appointment: 22/08/14
Date of Passport Receipt: still waiting
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:13 pm
Location: England

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by ryan2020 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:23 pm

whiskyzian

you are very lucky , you got your interview letter in 2nd week ??? woow that was quick.

Its been 4 weeks I have applied . I have patience as I'm not rushing so i'm just waiting hope will get the letter soon.

runie80
Member of Standing
Posts: 488
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 9:17 pm

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by runie80 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:16 pm

Date of Application: 15/07/2014
Application type: Check & Send Post office
Date of SMS Received: 18/07/2014
Date of Receipt of Interview Letter: 11/08/2014
Date of Return of Documents: 14/08/2014
Date of Interview booked: 16/08/2014
SMS received passport printing: 18/08/2014
Date of Passports received:22/08/2014 should have been delivered on 19th but they delivered my passport at the wrong address so had to wait extra few days.

Application was processed in Durham office
All in all 6 years 8 months to get the British passport.
End of the journey

I would like to express a huge thanks to all those who answer here and participate here . Jambo you have been an absolute jewel.
My journey ends here with this forum. Might check some time in future to look back this experience.

I wish you all a happiness and joy . best wishes .

regards
Runie80
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

itsahmedawan
Junior Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:10 am

Post by itsahmedawan » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:08 pm

Application Timeline
Passport for: Child
Application Type: New (for childas a british citizen)
Method of application: Check & Send PO
Date of application: 23/08/2014
Date application received by IPS:
Date of return of documents: Awaiting
Date of receipt of interview letter: Awaiting
Date of Passport Appointment: Awaiting
Date of Passport Receipt: Awaiting

itsahmedawan
Junior Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:10 am

Re:

Post by itsahmedawan » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:49 pm

itsahmedawan wrote:Application Timeline
Passport for: Child
Application Type: New (for childas a british citizen)
Method of application: Check & Send PO
Date of application: 23/08/2014
Date application received by IPS:
Date of return of documents: Awaiting
Date of receipt of interview letter: Awaiting
Date of Passport Appointment: Awaiting
Date of Passport Receipt: Awaiting
can any 1 let me kno pls that how long child application takes for ist british passport.
thnx

MHA
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:41 am

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by MHA » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:16 pm

Hi dear forum members!please answer the following question ASAP:

Q:My ceremony is on 03/09/2014,can i apply for passport on same day after getting certificate?

man4uni
Member
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:12 pm
Location: London

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by man4uni » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:38 am

MHA wrote:Hi dear forum members!please answer the following question ASAP:

Q:My ceremony is on 03/09/2014,can i apply for passport on same day after getting certificate?
Yes. Make sure you have all the required docs ready and passport form ready with the counter signature.

Note: I would advise you to scan a copy of Naturalization certificate (just in case) as you have to send the original ...

man4uni
Member
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:12 pm
Location: London

Re: Re:

Post by man4uni » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:43 am

itsahmedawan wrote: can any 1 let me kno pls that how long child application takes for ist british passport.
thnx
I know it's taking a bit longer these days even for child's application ... One of my friend hasn't heard anything for his kid's application and it's been more than 4 weeks.

MHA
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:41 am

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by MHA » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:51 pm

man4uni wrote:
MHA wrote:Hi dear forum members!please answer the following question ASAP:

Q:My ceremony is on 03/09/2014,can i apply for passport on same day after getting certificate?
Yes. Make sure you have all the required docs ready and passport form ready with the counter signature.

Note: I would advise you to scan a copy of Naturalization certificate (just in case) as you have to send the original ...

Thanx Bro!
For 1st passport application you need to send your all expire passports or only valid passport with BRP?????

Post Reply
cron