A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation
Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push
- Newly Registered
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:34 pm
I need help from you guys in order to apply for my citizenship application,
I got ILR in first week of January 2018 after completing 10 years of continues residence.
I had a news that local councils no longer deal with citizenship applications and document checking service.
I have few questions in my mind before I apply for Citizenship.
1) can i apply 28 days before completing 1 year on ILR.
2) how long application take?
3) do i need to send my overseas passport and ILR card both with a citizenship application?
is there anyway I don't send these as i need to travel in March 2019.
4) how long it takes to get passport after nationalization certificate.
thank you in advance
- Posts: 79774
- Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
- Location: London
1. No. There is no 28 days early concession for citizenship. You must hold ILR for the full 12 months u less you are married to a British citizen then it is not necessary.
2. It varies from a few weeks to many months.
3. Yes but if you use the new ukcvas service, you get to keep hold of your original documents.
4. Up to 6 weeks as you can only apply for the passport after your ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.