ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
segs2tier1
Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:38 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by segs2tier1 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:33 pm

I have a funny feeling that all delayed applications belong to a high risk country such as Pakistan. Me being one of them, who else is waiting from December and are from Pakistan?

milan69
Diamond Member
Posts: 1103
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by milan69 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:37 pm

It is very likely that HO carries extra checks from countries that it sees as high rick hence the delay.
I am sometimes wrong.

collipu
Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:56 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by collipu » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:15 pm

Sonabacha wrote:
collipu wrote:
shak80 wrote:Any one call to ukba today ?
Same old response!!!! Did you?
i think we all belong to same nationality :)
Yea something to do with nationality!!

InUkOnHsmp
Senior Member
Posts: 738
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:36 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:26 pm

Quick update, private ceremony over on 24th February, sent passport application yesterday, for myself and wife. Applying for her passport in her married name, using a deed poll.

I would like to thank the forum for being so helpful, really helps calm the nerves.

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

Green apple
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:20 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by Green apple » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:46 pm

segs2tier1 wrote:I have a funny feeling that all delayed applications belong to a high risk country such as Pakistan. Me being one of them, who else is waiting from December and are from Pakistan?
Could be I'm still waiting as well since 23/12 and I'm also from a high risk country but not Pakistan let's pray and hope !!

collipu
Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:56 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by collipu » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:49 pm

What checks could it be? Don't think it should take this long to do checks as most of them would be done electronically?

whynot
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:36 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by whynot » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:05 pm

segs2tier1 wrote:I have a funny feeling that all delayed applications belong to a high risk country such as Pakistan. Me being one of them, who else is waiting from December and are from Pakistan?
i have pakistani passport...

whynot
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:36 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by whynot » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:17 pm

collipu wrote:Congrats to all who have received approvals. Anyone from December still waiting??
still waiting, send it on the 16th of december 2013 :(

collipu
Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:56 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by collipu » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:36 am

Schengen countries classify these countries as high risk. Visa processing for these countries requires extra checks which add 2-3 weeks to the processing time. Based on this naturalisation applications (even though UK is not part of Schengen) for citizens of these countries might take longer as evidenced by the timelines.

Afghanistan Colombia Kuwait Oman Somalia
Algeria Congo (Zaire) North Korea Pakistan Sudan
Bangladesh Egypt Lebanon Palestine Surnam
Belarussian Indonesia Libya Philippines Syria
Belize Iran Myanmar Qatar Vietnam
Burma Iraq Nigeria Rwanda Yemen
Burundi Jordan Niger Saudi Arabia Zimbabwe

shak80
Member
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:44 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by shak80 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:36 pm

Any one call them today ?

Green apple
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:20 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by Green apple » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:38 pm

collipu wrote:Schengen countries classify these countries as high risk. Visa processing for these countries requires extra checks which add 2-3 weeks to the processing time. Based on this naturalisation applications (even though UK is not part of Schengen) for citizens of these countries might take longer as evidenced by the timelines.

Afghanistan Colombia Kuwait Oman Somalia
Algeria Congo (Zaire) North Korea Pakistan Sudan
Bangladesh Egypt Lebanon Palestine Surnam
Belarussian Indonesia Libya Philippines Syria
Belize Iran Myanmar Qatar Vietnam
Burma Iraq Nigeria Rwanda Yemen
Burundi Jordan Niger Saudi Arabia Zimbabwe
Thank you for the efford , but when you say 2-3 weeks from processing do you mean from fee deduction date ?

shak80
Member
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:44 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by shak80 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:41 pm

Green apple wrote:
collipu wrote:Schengen countries classify these countries as high risk. Visa processing for these countries requires extra checks which add 2-3 weeks to the processing time. Based on this naturalisation applications (even though UK is not part of Schengen) for citizens of these countries might take longer as evidenced by the timelines.

Afghanistan Colombia Kuwait Oman Somalia
Algeria Congo (Zaire) North Korea Pakistan Sudan
Bangladesh Egypt Lebanon Palestine Surnam
Belarussian Indonesia Libya Philippines Syria
Belize Iran Myanmar Qatar Vietnam
Burma Iraq Nigeria Rwanda Yemen
Burundi Jordan Niger Saudi Arabia Zimbabwe
Thank you for the efford , but when you say 2-3 weeks from processing do you mean from fee deduction
date ?

I think it's start from when the case worker is allocated to file.

Green apple
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:20 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by Green apple » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:47 pm

shak80 wrote:
Green apple wrote:
collipu wrote:Schengen countries classify these countries as high risk. Visa processing for these countries requires extra checks which add 2-3 weeks to the processing time. Based on this naturalisation applications (even though UK is not part of Schengen) for citizens of these countries might take longer as evidenced by the timelines.

Afghanistan Colombia Kuwait Oman Somalia
Algeria Congo (Zaire) North Korea Pakistan Sudan
Bangladesh Egypt Lebanon Palestine Surnam
Belarussian Indonesia Libya Philippines Syria
Belize Iran Myanmar Qatar Vietnam
Burma Iraq Nigeria Rwanda Yemen
Burundi Jordan Niger Saudi Arabia Zimbabwe
Thank you for the efford , but when you say 2-3 weeks from processing do you mean from fee deduction
date ?

I think it's start from when the case worker is allocated to file.
So that's before the fee deduction date then !!

collipu
Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:56 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by collipu » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:58 pm

I think no one for sure knows what happens first? Fee deduction then awaiting case worker allocation or case worker allocation then fee deduction and then awating checks etc...

amity010
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:23 am

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by amity010 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:06 pm

collipu wrote:I think no one for sure knows what happens first? Fee deduction then awaiting case worker allocation or case worker allocation then fee deduction and then awating checks etc...

Procedures followed after the receipt of naturalisation applications both NCS and Postal from date of receipt of application until allotment to a case worker.

Upon receipt of an application the form is date stamped and the fee is taken. A paper file and an electronic record are then created and the file is ready for allocation to a Casework team. Files are allocated in date order.


Check the below links...they are from 2011 though.



https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... f_naturali

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 4.pdf.html

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 4.pdf.html

collipu
Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:56 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by collipu » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:21 pm

The procedures are mentioned here but I don't think they work this way!

amity010
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:23 am

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by amity010 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:28 pm

collipu wrote:The procedures are mentioned here but I don't think they work this way!
True ... but I am pretty sure they wont start any work on the application, until the fee is taken.

collipu
Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:56 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by collipu » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:36 pm

Has anyone called today? I got the same standard response today!!

Philips
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:02 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by Philips » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:35 pm

Eligibility criteria: WP + ILR (1 year)
Language criteria met: UK Masters Degree
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 12/12/13
Payment method: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 13/12/13
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 20/01/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 24/01/2014
Date approved: 17/02/2014
Date approval received: 27/02/2014
Date of ceremony: TBA

collipu
Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:56 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by collipu » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:44 am

Anyone from December received any responses today?

Locked
cron