ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

delay more than 10 months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

skhan18
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 11:25 am
Bangladesh

delay more than 10 months

Post by skhan18 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:20 pm

Hi anyone have facing similar situation like me for naturalisation application or just only me....

I have applied BC on 26/4/2018 and have not get any update from home office and its already 10 months over. I sent several emails to home office and every time they replied as follows:

"as I am sure you are aware, naturalisation is not an automatic process and we have to make number of enquiries befog we can reach a decision on whether to grant citizenship. one of the requirements for naturalisation, set out in the nationality law, concern good character. Character is nit defined and fairly board view has to be taken when judging whether this requirements has beeb satisfied.

As part of Application process, the home office routinely conducts checks with other government departments and external agencies. The Extent and kengthof time taken to complete the checks varies according to the particular circumstance of each application. the process of these checks is regularly monitored.
So far, the checks have not been completed with regard to your application. As soon as we are in a position to reach a decision we will notify you accordingly."

I am just stressing out because this long delay. all of my friends who applied after me they got approval with in 3 months.


Experts please provide some ideas or advice i.e:

1. is it any reason, they hold my application?

2. Shall I contact with local MP to involve with this issue? or get a help from a legal representative?

3. will I send a pre-action protocol for this?

Thanks
skhan

R-graphite
Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:46 am
Mood:

Re: delay more than 10 months

Post by R-graphite » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:35 pm

Anything in particular that you think might be delaying your application? Bad immigration history? Or anything else that is relevant to the Good Character criteria. Also, which email address did you use to contact the Home Office?
skhan18 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:20 pm
Hi anyone have facing similar situation like me for naturalisation application or just only me....

I have applied BC on 26/4/2018 and have not get any update from home office and its already 10 months over. I sent several emails to home office and every time they replied as follows:

"as I am sure you are aware, naturalisation is not an automatic process and we have to make number of enquiries befog we can reach a decision on whether to grant citizenship. one of the requirements for naturalisation, set out in the nationality law, concern good character. Character is nit defined and fairly board view has to be taken when judging whether this requirements has beeb satisfied.

As part of Application process, the home office routinely conducts checks with other government departments and external agencies. The Extent and kengthof time taken to complete the checks varies according to the particular circumstance of each application. the process of these checks is regularly monitored.
So far, the checks have not been completed with regard to your application. As soon as we are in a position to reach a decision we will notify you accordingly."

I am just stressing out because this long delay. all of my friends who applied after me they got approval with in 3 months.


Experts please provide some ideas or advice i.e:

1. is it any reason, they hold my application?

2. Shall I contact with local MP to involve with this issue? or get a help from a legal representative?

3. will I send a pre-action protocol for this?

Thanks
skhan
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 70777
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: delay more than 10 months

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:41 pm

R-graphite wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:35 pm
Anything in particular that you think might be delaying your application? Bad immigration history? Or anything else that is relevant to the Good Character criteria. Also, which email address did you use to contact the Home Office?
See OPs circumstance in link below.

british-citizenship/naturalisation-good ... l#p1633496
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

skhan18
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 11:25 am
Bangladesh

Re: delay more than 10 months

Post by skhan18 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:29 pm

Hi just like to add my immigration history below
I came uk in May 2007 as a student and till March 2013 was PSW visa. Then I applied in time application for business entrepreneurs visa which was refused and I appealed. The appeal was exhausted in February 2015. After exhausting the appeal(according to old rules) within 28 days,I applied Tier 2 and tier 2 approved. In April 2017 ILR was granted long residence route in same day service.
I haven't breach the immigration rules past 10 years or no conviction or CCJ/ driving offences, no debts as well.

I just applied naturalisation application through NCS End of April 2018.

Do you think these can be reason for delaying?

Bighto678
BANNED
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:39 pm
Greece

Re: delay more than 10 months

Post by Bighto678 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:37 pm

skhan18 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:29 pm
Hi just like to add my immigration history below
I came uk in May 2007 as a student and till March 2013 was PSW visa. Then I applied in time application for business entrepreneurs visa which was refused and I appealed. The appeal was exhausted in February 2015. After exhausting the appeal(according to old rules) within 28 days,I applied Tier 2 and tier 2 approved. In April 2017 ILR was granted long residence route in same day service.
I haven't breach the immigration rules past 10 years or no conviction or CCJ/ driving offences, no debts as well.

I just applied naturalisation application through NCS End of April 2018.

Do you think these can be reason for delaying?
what email adress you contact home office

skhan18
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 11:25 am
Bangladesh

Re: delay more than 10 months

Post by skhan18 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:51 pm


Bighto678
BANNED
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:39 pm
Greece

Re: delay more than 10 months

Post by Bighto678 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:00 pm

skhan18 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:51 pm
Sent on below email nationalitysupportteamfmt@homeoffice.gov.uk
i suggest you to envlove mp and tel mp that find out what excat reason home office delaying ur application and tell home that not to give you standerd rply get reall reason

Nusratali786
Newbie
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:06 am
Pakistan

Re: delay more than 10 months

Post by Nusratali786 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:17 pm

Bighto678 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:00 pm
skhan18 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:51 pm
Sent on below email nationalitysupportteamfmt@homeoffice.gov.uk
i suggest you to envlove mp and tel mp that find out what excat reason home office delaying ur application and tell home that not to give you standerd rply get reall reason
Have u done toiec english course in the past...??? What english course have u done and have u done any tax amendments???

R-graphite
Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:46 am
Mood:

Re: delay more than 10 months

Post by R-graphite » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:59 pm

I don’t think tax amendments is a problem unless the applicant benifited from a tax change to aquire ILR and then amended it to reduce his tax liability. Tax amendments is an issue with Tier 1 applicants applying for ilr.


Nusratali786 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:17 pm
Bighto678 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:00 pm
skhan18 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:51 pm
Sent on below email nationalitysupportteamfmt@homeoffice.gov.uk
i suggest you to envlove mp and tel mp that find out what excat reason home office delaying ur application and tell home that not to give you standerd rply get reall reason
Have u done toiec english course in the past...??? What english course have u done and have u done any tax amendments???
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

skhan18
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 11:25 am
Bangladesh

Re: delay more than 10 months

Post by skhan18 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:33 pm

I never appeared and registered TOEIC Exam in my life. Got proper university degree (MBA) from British Uni and never did the tax amendment as well.
just made a fresh application within 28days ( actual 20 days/ according to old rules) for tier 1 after appeal exhaustion. Got ILR same day service, had not any issue in ILR application either.

I have no clue why Home office are prolonging than standard time, even they did not clarify the reason of delay. I had to sent an email to chase them up but no effective results.

its really frustrating ....do not know what should I do now?

waqas734
Member
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:48 am
Pakistan

Re: delay more than 10 months

Post by waqas734 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:44 pm

Only thing you can do is wait , i have a same history as you , been on psw than Tier 1 Enterpreneuer than thier 1 enterpreneur extension , ILR on 10 years route on same day as well which was approved within an hour , last week i contacted HO on email and replied my file is with case worker now emailed again yesterday hoping their reply would be my case is decided and communication has been sent ,

Note my student visa was refused as well and i was in appeal process for 7 months without visa , but in higher court my unviersity contaced HO to grant me visa as i had ongoing classes and exams and needed extension , i got a call directly back than from a case worker to withdraw my appeal from court as they were issuing me the visa so i did but i was covered by section 3c in whole process from refusal to appeal and grant of visa

Your case i think the reason of dealay might be the broken of section 3c , the time when your appeal was exhausted till grant of new visa whatever time was between it might class as overstay , its upto the case worker how he sees it and that might be the only reason of delay and they are doing their checks

skhan18
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 11:25 am
Bangladesh

Re: delay more than 10 months

Post by skhan18 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:04 pm

@waqas, did you get approval or are you still waiting like me? Please update in this forum whatever update/outcome is come out

Thanks

waqas734
Member
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:48 am
Pakistan

Re: delay more than 10 months

Post by waqas734 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:47 pm

skhan18 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:04 pm
@waqas, did you get approval or are you still waiting like me? Please update in this forum whatever update/outcome is come out

Thanks
I emailed them last thursday they said my case is now with the case worker , emailed them yesterday again and got the same reply that my application is now with a case worker

skhan18
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 11:25 am
Bangladesh

Re: delay more than 10 months

Post by skhan18 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:58 pm

@waqas, any update

thanks

waqas734
Member
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:48 am
Pakistan

Re: delay more than 10 months

Post by waqas734 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:24 pm

skhan18 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:58 pm
@waqas, any update

thanks
Still nothing but expecting something this week as my file was with case worker which means decison has been or will be taken shorlty as all checks were completed before the application was allocated to caseworker ,

Did you email them again and got any reply ?

skhan18
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 11:25 am
Bangladesh

Re: delay more than 10 months

Post by skhan18 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:34 pm

yes, i did the email. no response yet....

thanks

opo19
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:37 am
Pakistan

Re: delay more than 10 months

Post by opo19 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:41 am

Hi, i’m in same situation i have applied naturalisation application on 27th of April 2018, email them 6 times, got same random reply, i involved MP, still got same reply, contact them every month over the phone to escalte my application they reply the same, i had enough and i stop waiting now😏

opo19
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:37 am
Pakistan

Re: delay more than 10 months

Post by opo19 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:43 am

Also i have done SAR( Subject Access Request) which came back just after a month, nothing in there, just my immigration history, doesnot tell much actually

opo19
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:37 am
Pakistan

Re: delay more than 10 months

Post by opo19 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:47 am

waqas734 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:24 pm
skhan18 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:58 pm
@waqas, any update

thanks
Still nothing but expecting something this week as my file was with case worker which means decison has been or will be taken shorlty as all checks were completed before the application was allocated to caseworker ,
Hi, just want to ask which application you have made, and you are waiting still?


Did you email them again and got any reply ?

waqas734
Member
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:48 am
Pakistan

Re: delay more than 10 months

Post by waqas734 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:52 am

Its very strange why some cases are held for so long without any reason what reply did you get everytime , i wonder my reply 3 weeks ago which said “ you application is now with case worker “ would really mean my application outcome is few days from now or can it still take months as the case with others

Locked
cron