ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay more than 6 months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Glbawi
Newly Registered

Delay more than 6 months

Post by Glbawi » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:57 pm

Hi everyone,
I'v applied on the 6 of April 2017, as now passed the 6 months standard,I contacted the home office and got reply saying that my case is now with a caseworker. That's it no apologies no explanation whatsoever. My MP got involved and sent a letter on my behalf.
Has anyone passed the same experience? Or in the same boat still waiting? What could be the possible cause for delaying my application? Any help please would be much appreciated. It's just that I can't even sleep or do anything from the stress.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Delay more than 6 months

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:15 pm

The six months is not a standard service level promise, and cannot be enforced.
There are probably quite a few members here who are still waiting for decisions going back more than six months, or even a year+. The average is about five months these days, remember there has been a spike in applications from EEA citizens. It's uncomfortable, I do sympathise, but there isn't much the individual can do apart from wait.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Glbawi
Newly Registered

Post by Glbawi » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:30 pm

Thanks. My understanding is that if an application took more than 6 months that means there is something wrong. That's why I asked if someone has the same experience and turned out to be there was no problem afterward. I thought my case is straight forward but u never know with the home office.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:41 pm

An example of a member who posted today and has been waiting since 2015. There are a few other members who have also been waiting for more than a year.

british-citizenship/naturalisation-appl ... l#p1545030
Maxmilan wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:05 am
Maxmilan wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:13 am
Eligibility criteria: 5 Years ,1 Year ILR
Language criteria met: Life In The UK,B1
Method of application: Form AN
Date of application: 12/10/2015
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 13/10/2015
Date of acknowledgement : 27/10/2015
Date money gone off account: 10/2015
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 10/2015
Biometrics done: 02/11/2015
Date of approval : Waiting
Date of ceremony : Waiting

This is 20 months which I have applied to be naturalized in the UK for myself and my two sons which one of them born in the UK and still waiting for approval.I contacted with them and they replied that they have asked some organization and waiting for their response.I asked my local MP to contact with them and they told the same thing to my local MP as well.I don't know how long do we have to wait and what else can we do about this matter.
Today is 07/09/2017 and after 2 years still I am waiting for the HO approval letter or even a result positive or negative noting at all so far.I made a complaint to Ombudsman against HO and waiting for their investigation and hopefully it will cause a result. : :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Maxmilan

Post by Maxmilan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:52 am

Glbawi wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:57 pm
Hi everyone,
I'v applied on the 6 of April 2017, as now passed the 6 months standard,I contacted the home office and got reply saying that my case is now with a caseworker. That's it no apologies no explanation whatsoever. My MP got involved and sent a letter on my behalf.
Has anyone passed the same experience? Or in the same boat still waiting? What could be the possible cause for delaying my application? Any help please would be much appreciated. It's just that I can't even sleep or do anything from the stress.
Hi everyone
I applied on October 2015 and still waiting for the result.Today is 08/10/2017.I contacted with HO avery 6 months then followed my their complaint procedure then my MP was involved and finally this is about 3 months which my case is in Ombudsman and no result so far.During past 11 years I haven't done anything wrong even a driving penalty.I was sometimes working and sometimes on benefit but almost working and paid NI contribution as well.The only thing which I think made my application delayed is that I contacted with HO every 6 months.I suggested everyone with the same situation as me to don't contact with HO and leave your case with them until the result.Honestly by my experience there is nothing which we can do if our application process takes too long and thats it.

Maxmilan

Post by Maxmilan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:30 am

Maxmilan wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:52 am
Glbawi wrote:
Hi everyone,
Hi everyone
I applied on October 2015 and still waiting for the result.Today is 08/10/2017.I contacted with HO avery 6 months then followed by their complaint procedure then my MP was involved and finally this is about 3 months which my case is in Ombudsman and no result so far.During past 11 years I haven't done anything wrong even a driving penalty.I was sometimes working and sometimes on benefit but almost working and paid NI contribution as well.The only thing which I think made my application delayed is that I contacted with HO every 6 months.I suggested everyone with the same situation as me to don't contact with HO and leave your case with them until the result.Honestly by my experience there is nothing which we can do if our application process takes too long and thats it.

stillondedams
Newly Registered

Post by stillondedams » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:57 am

There was something on the news last week on how HO delays people's applications and make life miserable for them, you could probably take yours public, probably send your story to one of the news/tv stations, maybe this could yield results. this is just a suggestion as this length of time is extremely ridiculous and the lack of communication to tell you why is out of place.
Again just a suggestion.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:22 am

@stillondedams You are referring to the delay in processing visa applications. :idea:

Unlike visa applications under the Immigration Rules, the granting of British citizenship is a privilege and not a right. It is granted at the sole discretion of the Home Secretary with no right of appeal (only re-consideration). Challenging the delay would be pointless.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

IcikePicike
Hungary

Post by IcikePicike » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:07 pm

Maxmilan wrote:
Hi everyone
I applied on October 2015 and still waiting for the result.Today is 08/10/2017.I contacted with HO avery 6 months then followed my their complaint procedure then my MP was involved and finally this is about 3 months which my case is in Ombudsman and no result so far.During past 11 years I haven't done anything wrong even a driving penalty.I was sometimes working and sometimes on benefit but almost working and paid NI contribution as well.The only thing which I think made my application delayed is that I contacted with HO every 6 months.I suggested everyone with the same situation as me to don't contact with HO and leave your case with them until the result.Honestly by my experience there is nothing which we can do if our application process takes too long and thats it.
Have you spoken to an immigration solicitor? Someone that might actually know what's going on?

Jegz82
Newly Registered

Post by Jegz82 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:35 pm

Maxmilan wrote:
Glbawi wrote:
Hi everyone,
Hi everyone
Hi,

Similarly, I applied on Nov 2016, still pending a decision, I chased few times just kept getting the usual response saying to it takes time to assess good character requirements and I have to wait.
in the meantime, I applied for a SAR, and received the notes from my case!! I read it carefully and below are two notes, and my understanding is that no one has been assigned to consider my application!!
"note on 'Depart A' (I cannot say the name) does not state which 'Depart B' team is dealing with this applicants case" !! (this was following to me chasing them in June 17)
another note says
"as per note 14 December 2016 'Depart C' file forwarded to ------
Spoke to ---- ------- as note does not state which 'Depart B' team is dealing with the application
Advised to send email to an 'Depart B' team and request they forward the enquiry to the correct team if its not for them" !!

I have emailed NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk & Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, advising that I will be sending a Pre-action protocol for "failure to make decision within reasonable time frame "

I will give an update if I hear anything!

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:47 pm

Jegz82 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:35 pm
Maxmilan wrote:
Glbawi wrote:
Hi everyone,
Hi everyone
Hi,

Similarly, I applied on Nov 2016, still pending a decision, I chased few times just kept getting the usual response saying to it takes time to assess good character requirements and I have to wait.
in the meantime, I applied for a SAR, and received the notes from my case!! I read it carefully and below are two notes, and my understanding is that no one has been assigned to consider my application!!
"note on 'Depart A' (I cannot say the name) does not state which 'Depart B' team is dealing with this applicants case" !! (this was following to me chasing them in June 17)
another note says
"as per note 14 December 2016 'Depart C' file forwarded to ------
Spoke to ---- ------- as note does not state which 'Depart B' team is dealing with the application
Advised to send email to an 'Depart B' team and request they forward the enquiry to the correct team if its not for them" !!

I have emailed NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk & Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, advising that I will be sending a Pre-action protocol for "failure to make decision within reasonable time frame "

I will give an update if I hear anything!
I think if I had to wait that long I would just give up and leave the country :x

Jegz82
Newly Registered

Post by Jegz82 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:09 pm

I think if I had to wait that long I would just give up and leave the country :x
[/quote]

we all face these difficult situations in life, got to be patient mate !
guess you are not married :D

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:51 am

Do the naturalisation applications come under the Charter commitment? Where you should receive a letter from UKVI within12 weeks if your application will not resolved in 6 months?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:23 pm

mrgs1 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:51 am
Do the naturalisation applications come under the Charter commitment? Where you should receive a letter from UKVI within12 weeks if your application will not resolved in 6 months?
A customer charter is individual to an organsation and their service standards. HO's can be found here (click) and this one too (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:23 pm
mrgs1 wrote:
A customer charter is individual to an organsation and their service standards. HO's can be found here (click) and this one too (click)
Yes I read those before. My query was according to the Charter The onus is on UKVI to contact the applicant within those timescales if applicable not the other way round and within those timescales, or they have broken their own guidelines by not contacting people is that correct?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:32 pm

mrgs1 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:19 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:23 pm
mrgs1 wrote:
Yes I read those before. My query was according to the Charter The onus is on UKVI to contact the applicant within those timescales if applicable not the other way round and within those timescales, or they have broken their own guidelines by not contacting people is that correct?
5. After you’ve applied

You’ll get a letter confirming your application. It can take up to 4 weeks for you to get the confirmation.

A decision about your application will usually be made within 6 months - some applications can take longer.

You’ll be told if you need to give more information to help with your application. You should also contact UK Visas and Immigration if your situation changes (eg, you move house, get married or are arrested) during your application.
There are some members that are still waiting since 2015 for a decision. HO will take as long as they need to take to ensure the checks are done and the processes are followed before granting the privilege of citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:44 pm

british-citizenship/ukvi-service-standa ... 70007.html
So this post a little old is incorrect and I was right to assume there is no service standard as such? They just request extra information if needed and if it takes longer than six months there is no 12 weeks update?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:15 pm

mrgs1 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:44 pm
So this post a little old is incorrect and I was right to assume there is no service standard as such? They just request extra information if needed and if it takes longer than six months there is no 12 weeks update?
Do you see 'Naturalisation' or 'Citizenship' on the service standard list??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:15 pm
mrgs1 wrote:
Think I'm answering my own questions here so I was right the post is incorrect and no service standard. So basically an unregulated process with no rules or accountability.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:25 pm

mrgs1 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:22 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:15 pm
mrgs1 wrote:
Think I'm answering my own questions here so I was right the post is incorrect and no service standard. So basically an unregulated process with no rules or accountability.
Best not to confuse the Immigration Rules process with the Nationality LAW requirements. As I said, citizenship is privilege, not a right and HO will take as long as they need to before granting the privilege.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:41 pm
An example of a member who posted today and has been waiting since 2015. There are a few other members who have also been waiting for more than a year.

british-citizenship/naturalisation-appl ... l#p1545030
Maxmilan wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:05 am
Maxmilan wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:13 am
Eligibility criteria: 5 Years ,1 Year ILR
Language criteria met: Life In The UK,B1
Method of application: Form AN
Date of application: 12/10/2015
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 13/10/2015
Date of acknowledgement : 27/10/2015
Date money gone off account: 10/2015
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 10/2015
Biometrics done: 02/11/2015
Date of approval : Waiting
Date of ceremony : Waiting

This is 20 months which I have applied to be naturalized in the UK for myself and my two sons which one of them born in the UK and still waiting for approval.I contacted with them and they replied that they have asked some organization and waiting for their response.I asked my local MP to contact with them and they told the same thing to my local MP as well.I don't know how long do we have to wait and what else can we do about this matter.
Today is 07/09/2017 and after 2 years still I am waiting for the HO approval letter or even a result positive or negative noting at all so far.I made a complaint to Ombudsman against HO and waiting for their investigation and hopefully it will cause a result. : :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
My HR team at work (who deal with sponsorship visa's a lot) have suggested I email them to chase my application. I realize the process is different though and I don't want to aggravate them. Would emailing them be a pointless exercise? Your guidance would be appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:35 pm

kirkerj wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:25 pm
My HR team at work (who deal with sponsorship visa's a lot) have suggested I email them to chase my application. I realize the process is different though and I don't want to aggravate them. Would emailing them be a pointless exercise? Your guidance would be appreciated.
Immigration and citizenship are two completely different processes/rules/laws. Unlikely your HR will know the processes for an application for which they are not party to or trained on.

You can email if you wish, but HO won't give you any information as you have not even reached 6 months yet.
kirkerj wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:43 am
Eligibility criteria: 9 years in UK
Language criteria met: From English speaking country
Nationality: NZ
Method of application: NCS Kensington & Chelsea
Date of application: 10 July 2017
Date of receipt by HO/UKVI: 10 July 2017
Date of acknowledgement: 18 July 2017
Date money gone off account: 13 July 2017
Date of letter requesting biometrics: 13July 2017
Biometrics done: 17 July 2017
Date of approval: still waiting................................ (Awaiting a decision since 17 July 2017)
Date of ceremony:
Date applied for passports:
Date passports received:

This process is the most non transparent and painful process I have ever been through
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:35 pm
kirkerj wrote:
Immigration and citizenship are two completely different processes/rules/laws. Unlikely your HR will know the processes for an application for which they are not party to or trained on.

You can email if you wish, but HO won't give you any information as you have not even reached 6 months yet.
kirkerj wrote:
Date of approval: still waiting................................ (Awaiting a decision since 17 July 2017)
Date of ceremony:
Date passports received:

This process is the most non transparent and painful process I have ever been through
From what I've read here and on other forums, even a freedom of information requests, they can be very vague giving away very little information on what's an issue. But you might get something.

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:12 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:35 pm
kirkerj wrote:

kirkerj wrote:
Date of ceremony:
Date passports received:

Thanks, I know I just have to be patient but its not in my nature lol! If there wasn't this forum I would be waaaaay more stressed than I am now so thank you. The advice of someone who knows what they are talking about is reassuring.

Glbawi
Newly Registered

Post by Glbawi » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:53 pm

Nearly 7 months and still waiting😪😪, is there anyone who waited more than 6 months and got a positive result?? Just the waiting does my head in.