ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU citizen with Settled Status to apply next year - Docs check

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ulster79
Newly Registered
Mood:
Spain

EU citizen with Settled Status to apply next year - Docs check

Post by ulster79 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:26 pm

Hello!

I'm from Spain and I've been living in the UK since 2007. I was granted Settled Status the past February and I want to apply next March 2020.

I know there's plenty of time until next March, but I wanted to double check that I just need to send the following docs to cover that 12 month period, beside the LITUK and English language, as well the printed copy of my Settled Status confirmation.

Until April 2019 I had two jobs. One working as casual Classroom Assistant at a school, and another as self employed Student Support Provider, working at my local university. Around mid April I stopped working, as I wanted to have time to search for something more steady, and now I have been working full time since June 11th.

2019 Feb: A monthly payslip from school and university invoice. A Bank Statement.
2019 Mar: A monthly payslip from school and university invoice. A Bank Statement.
2019 Apr: A monthly payslip and P60 from school and university invoice, worked just half month. A Bank Statement.
2019 May: A Bank Statement. Emails regarding job applications. Rates for the house I own dated May 31st and an electricity bill (the previous ones have my surnames spelled wrong).
2019 June (and so on until Feb 2020...): A monthly Bank Statement and a weekly payslip. Electricity bill.

I do have other bits, like letters from Home & Revenue regarding my self-assessment, a letter from the Electoral Roll as I registered to vote at the European elections, my mobile phone bills, etc. and will collect more, like invoices and bills from the dentist, vet, etc.

Does sounds like enough? I'm a bit worried since when I had two jobs, I wasn't working many hours...

Thank you!

hermanthegerman
Germany

Re: EU citizen with Settled Status to apply next year - Docs check

Post by hermanthegerman » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:39 pm

You don’t need to send that much stuff.

I am assuming you want to proof residency. You need to send documents covering the last 5 years.

I sent p60s for the last 5 years and my latest payslip as the last p60 wasn’t out yet.

Alternatively you can send council tax bills.

They do not want or accept bank statements. Try not to overload the case worker as it certainly won’t be an advantage and increases the chance they miss something.

ulster79
Newly Registered
Mood:
Spain

Re: EU citizen with Settled Status to apply next year - Docs check

Post by ulster79 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:58 pm

hermanthegerman wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:39 pm
You don’t need to send that much stuff.

I am assuming you want to proof residency. You need to send documents covering the last 5 years.

I sent p60s for the last 5 years and my latest payslip as the last p60 wasn’t out yet.

Alternatively you can send council tax bills.

They do not want or accept bank statements. Try not to overload the case worker as it certainly won’t be an advantage and increases the chance they miss something.
Thank you!

Since the Settled Status already covers 5 years, I assumed I just needed to send the last 12 months.

Regarding the amount of paperwork, I guess if I send less and it isn't enough, they would contact me asking for further information. So I'll continue keeping letters, etc. just in case...

I do have the last 5 years' P60s and Rates (I believe is the equivalent here in NI, to the Council tax bills). I don't have any payslips until February 2017, when I started working in a school. The previous employer only had one Admin staff and decided to do not give any payslips as we were 33 staff and she said she couldn't cope printing, etc. for everybody... However, I was given the P60s. I didn't know they don't accept bank statements, since I always pay with card at the supermarket, I though it was a good way to proof that I was in the country.

I might wait to apply until April 2020 then, so I can send the last 5 years P60s and Rates from the Land & Property.