ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

DocKnow
Junior Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:38 pm
Sri Lanka

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by DocKnow » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:34 am

rohit69 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:31 am
I attended UKVCAS appointment on 23rd Nov, they were more amateurs & not sure of their software interface, I located scanner option for them in their software. I'm not sure how they will contact me about the decision on my application as I emailed them and haven't got any reply.

Their customer care call charges are £2.50 per minute and appointment charges are £60.
Call charges are cheaper if you have already booked an appointment. There is a separate number for it and it will be on your booking confirmation email.

beedle123
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:25 am
India

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by beedle123 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:58 am

iamrezaul wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:48 am

Hi beedle123, have you received any confirmation email from UKVCAS after you finished your appointment?
No email confirmation at all. The UKVCAS lady who processed my biometrics told me that there will be no email confirmation etc and the fact that they let me go from the centre is confirmation that all documents and biometrics have been 'made available' to UKVI.

johnhkg
Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 am
Hong Kong

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by johnhkg » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:17 pm

rohit69 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:31 am
I attended UKVCAS appointment on 23rd Nov, they were more amateurs & not sure of their software interface, I located scanner option for them in their software. I'm not sure how they will contact me about the decision on my application as I emailed them and haven't got any reply.

Their customer care call charges are £2.50 per minute and appointment charges are £60.
Please note that UKVCAS don't make decisions on applications. They only provide document scanning and biometric data collection. All decisions are made by UKVI.

JeyD
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:12 pm
France

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by JeyD » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:40 pm

hi all

I have booked my appointment for next week; I am unsure where to upload my supporting document on the UKVCAS website.
The only mandatory document is my passport - the other categories are optional :Other, Residence in the UK, Finances, Proof of Business...
Where did you upload copies of your life in the UK test, PR, ID card and proof of residence etc?

Thanks

johnhkg
Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 am
Hong Kong

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by johnhkg » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:21 pm

JeyD wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:40 pm
hi all

I have booked my appointment for next week; I am unsure where to upload my supporting document on the UKVCAS website.
The only mandatory document is my passport - the other categories are optional :Other, Residence in the UK, Finances, Proof of Business...
Where did you upload copies of your life in the UK test, PR, ID card and proof of residence etc?

Thanks
I did this recently. I uploaded all except my passport to the "other" category. Bear in mind many of the categories you see are nor relevant to citizenship applications.

shaneoh1980
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:58 pm
New Zealand

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by shaneoh1980 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:23 am

beedle123 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:40 am
Just posting my experience with the 'new' process for naturalisation applications.

a) I duly completed the required online application on the Home Office website.
b) Once I submitted the application, I was directed to UKVCAS website to create a login and password for submitting my documents and booking a biometrics appointment.
c) I created my credentials on the UKVCAS website and uploaded all scanned copies of my supporting documents and chose a date for my appointment at my preferred location (normal service, not premium).
d) I went to the service centre where I had to submit biometrics at an automatic machine (I was impressed).
e) The lady at the counter verified that my biometrics were taken correctly by the machine as well as asked me if I would like to submit any more supporting documents and then let me go.

Before all this, I had initially booked an appointment at another centre, however UKVCAS called me to say that their new biometrics system was down, hence I should cancel my appointment. I did so immediately and booked a new one - above account is related to that.

However, I had to pay again and UKVCAS have not yet refunded me for the first appointment even though they said that I would get the money back in 10 working days which are long gone now.

Very expensive to call them as well because the call charges are GBP 2.50 per minute - so I have lodged a complaint on their website.

If I do not get a response or refund in 5 days, I will have no alternative but to tweet and write to the Home Office itself as it is their subcontractor who is handling this process.
Hi beedle123

Can you please let me know how long in the future your appointment was? In other words, when booking, how long did you have to wait to attend? Thanks.

shankar981
Junior Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:21 pm
Mood:

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by shankar981 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:41 am

Hi beedle123
Can you please let me know how long in the future your appointment was? In other words, when booking, how long did you have to wait to attend? Thanks.
I made the payment on 1-Jan and I was able to find a free appointment in Croydon for 3-Jan. The closest location for me was Hammersmith but appointments were available only on 14-Jan and with a fee of 60 GBP.

Please also note that I was given time until 05-March to provide the biometrics and documents when the application was completed.

shaneoh1980
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:58 pm
New Zealand

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by shaneoh1980 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:15 pm

Thanks so much for the information.

skyscraper101
Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:53 pm

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by skyscraper101 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:59 am

Is anyone else who has already had an appointment still able to access the UKVCAS site to upload documents?

Our appointment was on 20th Dec 2018, but we're still able to log in as of 4 Jan 2019. Just checking if its the same for everyone.

fjv90
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:28 pm

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by fjv90 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:44 am

Hi
i Filled my application on 28 dec and made the payment, got appointment for 8 jan at Croydon (FREE).. The mandatory document that needs to be uploaded on UKVCAS website was only Passport, however i uploaded my degree, life in the UK, all stamp passport pages, referee declaration aswell. Even my appointment is on 8 jan, the very next day of of my application i received an email from UKVI with case number, now anybody know will i get a paper confirmation letter from UKVI once i attended UKVAS appointment.??

I will keep you guys posted about my UKVCAS experience once i attended it on 8 jan

DocKnow
Junior Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:38 pm
Sri Lanka

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by DocKnow » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:14 pm

fjv90 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:44 am
Hi
i Filled my application on 28 dec and made the payment, got appointment for 8 jan at Croydon (FREE).. The mandatory document that needs to be uploaded on UKVCAS website was only Passport, however i uploaded my degree, life in the UK, all stamp passport pages, referee declaration aswell. Even my appointment is on 8 jan, the very next day of of my application i received an email from UKVI with case number, now anybody know will i get a paper confirmation letter from UKVI once i attended UKVAS appointment.??

I will keep you guys posted about my UKVCAS experience once i attended it on 8 jan
The email with Case number from UKVI is the standard acknowledge email for online applications.

In my experience, you don't receive a paper confirmation after you have attended your UKVCAS appointment. I haven't seen anyone else report that they received UKVCAS confirmation either.

johnhkg
Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 am
Hong Kong

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by johnhkg » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:57 pm

DocKnow wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:14 pm
fjv90 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:44 am
Hi
i Filled my application on 28 dec and made the payment, got appointment for 8 jan at Croydon (FREE).. The mandatory document that needs to be uploaded on UKVCAS website was only Passport, however i uploaded my degree, life in the UK, all stamp passport pages, referee declaration aswell. Even my appointment is on 8 jan, the very next day of of my application i received an email from UKVI with case number, now anybody know will i get a paper confirmation letter from UKVI once i attended UKVAS appointment.??

I will keep you guys posted about my UKVCAS experience once i attended it on 8 jan
The email with Case number from UKVI is the standard acknowledge email for online applications.

In my experience, you don't receive a paper confirmation after you have attended your UKVCAS appointment. I haven't seen anyone else report that they received UKVCAS confirmation either.
This was my experience too. Don't worry, and good luck. Remember to arrive early (30 mins suggested) and start queuing to enter the Croydon office of UKVCAS.

johnhkg
Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 am
Hong Kong

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by johnhkg » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:00 pm

skyscraper101 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:59 am
Is anyone else who has already had an appointment still able to access the UKVCAS site to upload documents?

Our appointment was on 20th Dec 2018, but we're still able to log in as of 4 Jan 2019. Just checking if its the same for everyone.
Yes, #metoo. But I suggest you don't attempt to add/replace/remove any of your documents. I've read another comment somewhere that suggests your login account remains open in case UKVI request you to upload additional documents. This makes sense, but it is not yet confirmed.

mt0007
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:43 pm
Mood:
Hong Kong

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by mt0007 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:18 pm

DocKnow wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:14 pm
fjv90 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:44 am
Hi
i Filled my application on 28 dec and made the payment, got appointment for 8 jan at Croydon (FREE).. The mandatory document that needs to be uploaded on UKVCAS website was only Passport, however i uploaded my degree, life in the UK, all stamp passport pages, referee declaration aswell. Even my appointment is on 8 jan, the very next day of of my application i received an email from UKVI with case number, now anybody know will i get a paper confirmation letter from UKVI once i attended UKVAS appointment.??

I will keep you guys posted about my UKVCAS experience once i attended it on 8 jan
The email with Case number from UKVI is the standard acknowledge email for online applications.

In my experience, you don't receive a paper confirmation after you have attended your UKVCAS appointment. I haven't seen anyone else report that they received UKVCAS confirmation either.
Thanks everyone for sharing their experience. I attended my UKVCAS appointment on 2nd Jan evening and felt uneasy without seeing a submission confirmation email. But it's a bit of a relief to know that this is standard for now.

But honestly, we should really get one, with all hassle gone through and money paid to attend the appointment.....

One thing was that I didnt think to scan all the passport stamp pages on my various expired and valid passports so it was such a pain to do it on the spot. The equipment was rather slow and the scan failed to upload first time around. So I'd recommend everyone to avoid this same mistake I had :?

Nikki87
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:52 pm
Nigeria

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by Nikki87 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:56 pm

Hi mt0007

New here...what do you mean you had to scan all your passport stamp pages from previous and current passports...please explain? Thanks

Nikki87
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:52 pm
Nigeria

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by Nikki87 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:57 pm

mt0007 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:18 pm
DocKnow wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:14 pm
fjv90 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:44 am
Hi
i Filled my application on 28 dec and made the payment, got appointment for 8 jan at Croydon (FREE).. The mandatory document that needs to be uploaded on UKVCAS website was only Passport, however i uploaded my degree, life in the UK, all stamp passport pages, referee declaration aswell. Even my appointment is on 8 jan, the very next day of of my application i received an email from UKVI with case number, now anybody know will i get a paper confirmation letter from UKVI once i attended UKVAS appointment.??

I will keep you guys posted about my UKVCAS experience once i attended it on 8 jan
The email with Case number from UKVI is the standard acknowledge email for online applications.

In my experience, you don't receive a paper confirmation after you have attended your UKVCAS appointment. I haven't seen anyone else report that they received UKVCAS confirmation either.
Thanks everyone for sharing their experience. I attended my UKVCAS appointment on 2nd Jan evening and felt uneasy without seeing a submission confirmation email. But it's a bit of a relief to know that this is standard for now.

But honestly, we should really get one, with all hassle gone through and money paid to attend the appointment.....

One thing was that I didnt think to scan all the passport stamp pages on my various expired and valid passports so it was such a pain to do it on the spot. The equipment was rather slow and the scan failed to upload first time around. So I'd recommend everyone to avoid this same mistake I had :?


Hi mt0007

New here...what do you mean you had to scan all your passport stamp pages from previous and current passports...please explain? Thanks

Rocky009
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:32 am

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by Rocky009 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:21 pm

yes, made the application on 27 November - new service - biometrics at Croydon 5th December free charge appointment.

they scanned every single page of my Indian passport even if the page did not have any visa or stamps. I think they need every single page scanned. Indian passport has a page number at the bottom of the page and they scanned every page. waiting for the naturalization certificate. no responses yet.

shi12345678
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:21 am
India

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications REFEREE FORMS

Post by shi12345678 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:39 pm

Dear All Happy new year

While filling citizenship online form, I wasable to to download refree form called "2nd_Referee_Declaration_MN1" . But I could not get 1st refree form!"

So is it correct to think make two copies of the "2nd_Referee_Declaration_MN1" form and use it one for first refree , other for second refree ?

Just want clarification form someone who has done !
Best regards
shiva

shi12345678
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:21 am
India

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications: ONE QUESTION ABOUT UPLOADING DOCUMENTS

Post by shi12345678 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:53 pm

Dear All

I have not reached the stage of uploading documents yet.
But want to know , so that I can Prepare . does the document have to be JPEG oR PDF ?
Does the passport pages have to be in single joined pdf or each single page ? is there any options for employment letters or p60 ?
Best regards
shiva

allyf
Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:40 am
Canada

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications: ONE QUESTION ABOUT UPLOADING DOCUMENTS

Post by allyf » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:16 am

shi12345678 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:53 pm
Dear All

I have not reached the stage of uploading documents yet.
But want to know , so that I can Prepare . does the document have to be JPEG oR PDF ?
Does the passport pages have to be in single joined pdf or each single page ? is there any options for employment letters or p60 ?
Best regards
shiva

johnhkg
Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 am
Hong Kong

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications REFEREE FORMS

Post by johnhkg » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:58 am

shi12345678 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:39 pm
Dear All Happy new year

While filling citizenship online form, I wasable to to download refree form called "2nd_Referee_Declaration_MN1" . But I could not get 1st refree form!"

So is it correct to think make two copies of the "2nd_Referee_Declaration_MN1" form and use it one for first refree , other for second refree ?

Just want clarification form someone who has done !
Best regards
shiva
Correct, just print two copies to use for referees.

johnhkg
Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 am
Hong Kong

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications: ONE QUESTION ABOUT UPLOADING DOCUMENTS

Post by johnhkg » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:04 pm

shi12345678 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:53 pm
Dear All

I have not reached the stage of uploading documents yet.
But want to know , so that I can Prepare . does the document have to be JPEG oR PDF ?
Does the passport pages have to be in single joined pdf or each single page ? is there any options for employment letters or p60 ?
Best regards
shiva
JPEG or PDF, but each scanned document must be under 6MB. Try to combine pages of the same document, like your passport. Use scanner utility to reduce scan quality a little. I got my 32 page passport down to 2.2MB. Always check your document scans to see if they can be viewed clearly. It's good that you are getting things ready in advance. You have time to get things right.

mt0007
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:43 pm
Mood:
Hong Kong

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by mt0007 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:56 pm

Nikki87 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:56 pm
Hi mt0007

New here...what do you mean you had to scan all your passport stamp pages from previous and current passports...please explain? Thanks
Hiya, you need to scan all the pages in any of your passports that have the travel stamps during your qualifying period. This is probably for the travel history section.

angel valdes
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:33 pm

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by angel valdes » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:11 pm

hi new here I will be applying soon for the citizenship using the online method,didnt know you had to go through the appointment.anyways I already have a biometric card with me,I got it done when I made an application of travel document.will I need to do it again on the appointment.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 78634
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:14 pm

angel valdes wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:11 pm
hi new here I will be applying soon for the citizenship using the online method,didnt know you had to go through the appointment.anyways I already have a biometric card with me,I got it done when I made an application of travel document.will I need to do it again on the appointment.
You have to enrol biometrics again, ie fingerprints and photo.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Locked
cron