ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS certificate validity?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zeezai
Newly Registered
Philippines

IELTS certificate validity?

Post by zeezai » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:32 pm

Hi guys I hope you could help. I received a letter from HO stating that the "IELTS certificate has elapsed and is no longer suitable to our requirements". This is the same certificate I used when I applied for ILR in November 2019 (I am married to a BC).

From what I have read in the guidelines released in October 2018 states:
"Validity dates of SELT qualifications listed on the Home Offices pages of GOV.UK or on the Ofqual register, will not be applied for settlement applications provided either:
- the qualification has previously been accepted for another immigration application"

To add, I have a friend who applied for Naturalisation in September 2019 and she said she provided the same IELTS certificate she used when she first entered the UK 2014 (for employment) and ILR application in May 2019 (She is also married to a BC).

I am planning to give UKVI a call first thing on Monday. If anyone can give insight into this, please let me know.

Amber
Mood:

Re: IELTS certificate validity?

Post by Amber » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:55 am

Have you been refused? Yes, if the certificate was used in a previous successful application it should be acceptable.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

zeezaii
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by zeezaii » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:30 pm

Amber wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:55 am
Have you been refused? Yes, if the certificate was used in a previous successful application it should be acceptable.
Thank you for the reply. I have been given until the end of the month to send a new B1 certificate.

I gave UKVI a call earlier and the customer service representative said that because it is out of date (the certificate is dated 2014), I could only use it for ILR but not for citizenship application. The representative advised I do a new test. This is really confusing because from what I understand from KoLL, if the qualification used was accepted in a successful ILR, there is no need to provide a new one.

I sent an email to UKVI explaining this (using the generic email address provided by the gov.uk website). I am hoping to receive a reply from the case worker. Unfortunately, I do not have the email address of the caseworker to send him the email directly.

Has anyone else had trouble with IELTS being out of date?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:45 pm

Although the guidance would suggest it should be acceptable, it may be wise to redo the test as you avoid being refused.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

zeezaii
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by zeezaii » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:22 am

Amber wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:45 pm
Although the guidance would suggest it should be acceptable, it may be wise to redo the test as you avoid being refused.
It's just the extra expense of £150 for the test though.

I received an automated response from nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk so I don't think my email is going to reach my caseworker. If I send a letter by post to UKVI, would it reach my caseworker's desk before the deadline he gave me?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:26 am

zeezaii wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:22 am
Amber wrote:

I received an automated response from nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk so I don't think my email is going to reach my caseworker. If I send a letter by post to UKVI, would it reach my caseworker's desk before the deadline he gave me?
£150 or £372 plus £150 if refused and need to request a reconsideration. If you retake a test it must be approved (click).

zeezaii
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by zeezaii » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:06 pm

Amber wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:26 am
zeezaii wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:22 am
Amber wrote:

£150 or £372 plus £150 if refused and need to request a reconsideration. If you retake a test it must be approved (click).
I suppose taking the test would be more economical if you put it that way.

Thanks for the help.

Jacobpoole
Newly Registered

Post by Jacobpoole » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:49 pm

Any further update on the subject.Are you appearing for ielts again

zeezaii
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by zeezaii » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:11 am

I called the helpline a second time and the person advised that my IELTS should still be acceptable for my naturalisation application. She further advised me to print out the guidance and send it by post to the person handling my application. So there have been two calls to the helpline with two different answers.