ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KC8010

MN1 application

Post by KC8010 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:22 pm

Hi there

I have recently been approved for BC - I want to now fill in MN1 form for my son whom is 10 to be registered as a BC, however I have a question.

Myself and the childs father are married but are seperating - the childs father will be moving to Ireland and will be living in Ireland when I post the application - do you think this will cause problems with my childs application?

By the way my son hold PR in the UK already

Any insight would be appreciated.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:59 pm

If child was born outside the UK, then see also Citizenship application for kids born outside uk.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:56 am

FORM MN-1

regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon May 02, 2011 9:06 pm

KC8010 wrote:Hi all

Recently I have got BC through naturalisation. My son is 10 and on PR.

I am applying for registration for him in about a week. How likely is his application to be as his dad does not live in the UK anymore - he lives abroad. Dad has given consent on the MN1 form

Child has lived in the UK since May 2001

Just a little worried as they might have a problem with the father not being in the UK anymore - Dad is Portugese - so European and when myself and my son received PR he got PR too.

p.s. dad and I are still legally married just seperated

Any replies will be welcomed

Thanks
Should be okay (9.17.9).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

KC8010

Post by KC8010 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:54 pm

Hi everyone

Just to let you know I have applied on MN-1 and have been waiting for 3 weeks now, UKBA have taken the money and I have received the Acknowledgment letter.......

Does it normally take this long?

blay1

Post by blay1 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:05 pm

KC8010 wrote:Hi everyone

Just to let you know I have applied on MN-1 and have been waiting for 3 weeks now, UKBA have taken the money and I have received the Acknowledgment letter.......

Does it normally take this long?
How did you pay the money? I can't find anywhere to put my card details