ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application Question, Help needed!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

waqasg
Newly Registered

Naturalisation application Question, Help needed!

Post by waqasg » Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:21 pm

Hi,

Just to give you a bit of our background. My wife got ILR based on SET(O) application made in 2012 (14-Year Rule - Unlawful Residency). I am British since March 2020. Although on the Naturalisation application, we are asked to submit only 3 years of Residency Proof since I am a British Citizen.
I have a few questions related to her Naturalisation application

1- Does she need to provide 10 years' worth of Residency proof ? (This is because we were advised not to make an application for at least 10 years after she got her ILR due to her being unlawful when she was brought as a child in the UK)

3- Do we need to vary of anything else whilst making her Naturalisation application? (The application itself is straightforward but I am just wondering if we need to add a cover letter that why she never made an application. In normal circumstances, the application should have been made after 5 years)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation application Question, Help needed!

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:25 pm

1- Does she need to provide 10 years' worth of Residency proof ? (This is because we were advised not to make an application for at least 10 years after she got her ILR due to her being unlawful when she was brought as a child in the UK)
No she does not. She only need to provide her passport stamps for 3 years to prove residency.
3- Do we need to vary of anything else whilst making her Naturalisation application? (The application itself is straightforward but I am just wondering if we need to add a cover letter that why she never made an application. In normal circumstances, the application should have been made after 5 years)
No, nothing you need to do. There is no mandatory requirement to even apply for citizenship if a person doesn't want.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

waqasg
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation application Question, Help needed!

Post by waqasg » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:25 pm
No she does not. She only need to provide her passport stamps for 3 years to prove residency.
No, nothing you need to do. There is no mandatory requirement to even apply for citizenship if a person doesn't want.
much appreciated. Thanks