Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application with 3 speeding points

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Locked
Jawad221
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:23 pm
Pakistan

Naturalisation application with 3 speeding points

Post by Jawad221 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:45 pm

Hello,
Does anyone here know how points on your driving licence affect your application?

I have received a Fixed penalty notice, i paid the fine and received 3 points. I never went to court and didnt get convicted. Do i need to declare these on my AN application form?

baddy
Member
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: Naturalisation application with 3 speeding points

Post by baddy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:05 pm

Jawad221 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:45 pm
Hello,
Does anyone here know how points on your driving licence affect your application?

I have received a Fixed penalty notice, i paid the fine and received 3 points. I never went to court and didnt get convicted. Do i need to declare these on my AN application form?
Yes. You need to declare it. Also if you have proof of settlement from the court, you can attach a copy to your application. It will help.

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:11 am
Location: London

Re: Naturalisation application with 3 speeding points

Post by FaeLLe » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:17 pm

baddy wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:05 pm
Jawad221 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:45 pm
Hello,
Does anyone here know how points on your driving licence affect your application?

I have received a Fixed penalty notice, i paid the fine and received 3 points. I never went to court and didnt get convicted. Do i need to declare these on my AN application form?
Yes. You need to declare it. Also if you have proof of settlement from the court, you can attach a copy to your application. It will help.
Ignore this advice.

baddy
Member
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: Naturalisation application with 3 speeding points

Post by baddy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:30 pm

FaeLLe wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:17 pm
baddy wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:05 pm
Jawad221 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:45 pm
Hello,
Does anyone here know how points on your driving licence affect your application?

I have received a Fixed penalty notice, i paid the fine and received 3 points. I never went to court and didnt get convicted. Do i need to declare these on my AN application form?
Yes. You need to declare it. Also if you have proof of settlement from the court, you can attach a copy to your application. It will help.
Ignore this advice.
Can you expalin why? You asked OP to ignore the advice and you have not provided an alternative or any useful advice. How stupid and selfish can that be?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 65728
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation application with 3 speeding points

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:11 pm

baddy wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:30 pm
FaeLLe wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:17 pm
baddy wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:05 pm
Jawad221 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:45 pm
Hello,
Does anyone here know how points on your driving licence affect your application?

I have received a Fixed penalty notice, i paid the fine and received 3 points. I never went to court and didnt get convicted. Do i need to declare these on my AN application form?
Yes. You need to declare it. Also if you have proof of settlement from the court, you can attach a copy to your application. It will help.
Ignore this advice.
Can you expalin why? You asked OP to ignore the advice and you have not provided an alternative or any useful advice. How stupid and selfish can that be?
Agree with 'baddy' re no alternative advice provided.

To the OP, when in doubt, it is always better to declare something, however trivial, than not declare it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jawad221
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:23 pm
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation application with 3 speeding points

Post by Jawad221 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:42 pm

Hello All,

Thanks for the posts.

I was under the impression that FPNs are not considered for determining good character unless an applicant has received more than 2 in last 12 months and you dont need to declare them unless you went to the court and got convicted.

But in my case i didn't go to the court and did not get a conviction. I received a FPN from police, paid the fine and got 3 points.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 65728
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation application with 3 speeding points

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:02 pm

Declare it won't affect your application. But do you want to risk NOT declaring it??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

baddy
Member
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: Naturalisation application with 3 speeding points

Post by baddy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:53 am

Jawad221 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:42 pm
Hello All,

Thanks for the posts.

I was under the impression that FPNs are not considered for determining good character unless an applicant has received more than 2 in last 12 months and you dont need to declare them unless you went to the court and got convicted.

But in my case i didn't go to the court and did not get a conviction. I received a FPN from police, paid the fine and got 3 points.
You see this forum is like past questions which any candidate can study before going for the exam. If you don't want to follow my advice, you should take CR001's She's one of the experts here. The AN form clearly states that you must declare all FPN and PCN.

FPN is different from PCN. If you don't declare PCN, you will get away with it. But FPN! You can't. I'm sure you paid to HM Courts and Tribunal for the FPN. Even though you didn't go to court, it was still the court that processed the payment and hence they have the records.

Home office will always check HMCT records and Police national database for your application as part of the criminal records check and definitely this FPN will come up. You are ok because you've already settled it. But you need to declare it, if you don't HO will doubt your good character. Lots of people have been in your situation in the past and I must tell you it is not a good one of you don't declare your FPN.

Even people that declared their FPN on their applications, the caseworkers still came back and request for proof of settlement. That was why I advised earlier to attach proof of settlement of the FPN with your application.

But you have the final decision. It is up to you.

skittles
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:12 pm
Tanzania

Re: Naturalisation application with 3 speeding points

Post by skittles » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:54 pm

Hi, I don’t know the right answer or not but I had 3 points for speeding, forgot to put them down then remembered on one of those ‘oh shit moments’ sent a letter to explain it was a speeding tickets SP30 and 3 points. Didn’t send any proof. My application was granted. Speeding tickets only matter if you have had more than 1 in the last 12 months that’s what I was made to believe when I attended NCS.

Good luck

Jawad221
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:23 pm
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation application with 3 speeding points

Post by Jawad221 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:52 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I had already sent the application, but after reading everyone's comments, i have sent a cover letter to HO explaining my mistake and have sent them the copy of the FPN.

Fingers crossed.

jawad22
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:13 pm

Re: Naturalisation application with 3 speeding points

Post by jawad22 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:20 pm

Hi Everyone,
I got my approval today. really happy that I sent them a covering letter re points.

Thank you all for your help.

plabo
Member of Standing
Posts: 299
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 5:59 pm
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation application with 3 speeding points

Post by plabo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:30 pm

jawad22 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:20 pm
Hi Everyone,
I got my approval today. really happy that I sent them a covering letter re points.

Thank you all for your help.
Hi

Can you kindly let know on which date was your passport fee deducted?

jawad22
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:13 pm

Re: Naturalisation application with 3 speeding points

Post by jawad22 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:58 pm

22nd Feb

Locked
cron