ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation for PBS Dependant (eventually will be ILR holder) to BC (potential move abroad)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sambha
Newly Registered
Mood:

Naturalisation for PBS Dependant (eventually will be ILR holder) to BC (potential move abroad)

Post by sambha » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:22 pm

Hi, I could gather much useful information from the threads on this forum but my case seems to be quite unique and hence posting it separately:

I am a naturalised BC and my spouse is just coming up to the 4 years mark on PBS dependant T2 G visa category.

I am evaluating a job assignment abroad (starting in 2 months) for a few years but understand that it can impact (or even jeopardize) my wife's current route to attaining an ILR, and ultimately naturalisation right after. Hence, looking for clarity on few specific things towards ultimately a go/no-go decision on that job assignment.

I already have answers towards the ILR:
indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-for-pbs- ... l#p2042994

Now, since the Naturalisation process will be right after the ILR, I want to make sure i am preparing well for the immediate next step, and doing the right things the next 12-14 months.

1) Having confirmed that she can still get the ILR while I am working abroad and visiting frequently to maintain our relationship, would that have any impact on naturalisation application?

2) Since we will not be cohabiting continuously, but the bills/utilities could be under both of us, would that help or is unnecessary?

3) Would her FT/PT working status matter? Or working at all for that matter?

4) Once the naturalisation application has been made, could she travel to join me till the certificate arrives? I ask since it could be a few months between those two steps

5) Beyond making sure that:
A) she is not out of UK for more than 3 months in the last 12 months of naturalisation application,
B) she was in the UK exactly 5 years before the application date
C) Collecting my proof of travel and relationship maintenance (needed for ILR anyway)
D) other general "obvious" requirements of the application,
is there anything specific that i can do/plan for the next several months to to make the application most robust?

Many thanks in advance