Used the document checking service (Admin.UKvas@soprasteria.com
) and got the following email yesterday:
Dear Mrs X,
Thank you for uploading your supporting evidence to the UK Visas and Citizenship Application Service website. We have now completed the following checks of the files, that were available as of 14/03/2019
• Checked for the presence of all mandatory documents
• Checked that all documents are legible
• Checked that all documents been uploaded to the correct category
• Checked for any obvious missing pages
• Checked that all uploaded documents are in either English or Welsh language, or have an accompanying English or Welsh translation.
No action required: Following a review of supporting evidence available, we can confirm that:
o Mandatory documents are present in all required categories
o All documents are legible
o All documents have been uploaded to the correct category
o There are no obvious missing pages in any of the documents
o All documents are in either English or Welsh language, or are accompanied with an English or Welsh translation that obviously relates to the original
Please ensure that you have read and understood the full requirements for supporting evidence by referring to the applicable guidance notes available on GOV.UK.
If you are unable to correct any of the recommendations above, you have the option of bringing your paper supporting evidence with you to your appointment and one of our Service Agents will be able scan and upload this for you (charges may apply).
UKVCAS Customer Services
This service is managed and provided by Sopra Steria