ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization for Baby born in UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

psrd
Newly Registered

Naturalization for Baby born in UK

Post by psrd » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:40 pm

Hi,

I'm Indian citizen and I got my ILR on 01-June-2021 through 5 year Tier2 General visa route.
My baby born in UK in December 2019. I got my baby's birth certificate in UK and applied for her India Passport. But, I haven't applied for dependent visa for my child as we had no travel plan to India during this Pandemic.

I want to stay on ILR status. But, I want to apply British passport and then OCI for my child.

Do I need to apply Naturalization before applying for British passport?

Can you please advice on how long will it for normalization, British passport and then getting OCI?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalization for Baby born in UK

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:46 pm

You have to register your child as British first on form MN1

Once you have received the certificate, only then can you apply for a passport.

MN1 registration can take up to 6 months. Passport can take up to 6 weeks.

Oci questions should be posted in the other cou tries sub forum, link below, as not relevant to the British citizenship sub forum.

other-countries/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

psrd
Newly Registered

Post by psrd » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:03 pm

Thanks CR001 for your response.

Currently, I'm filling up the MN1 application for my 1.5 years old daughter and I have a clarification on the referees. I have to give 2 referees as part of the application.

Referee 1:
I have got one British passport holder as referee.

Referee 2:
I have approached the GP, but they are not willing to give reference to Home office. :(

In the application, it says the second referee can be from ANY country but has professional standing.

Can I give my friend (Indian passport holder) staying in the UK for around 5 years and working as Software engineer?

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:55 am

psrd wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:03 pm
Can I give my friend (Indian passport holder) staying in the UK for around 5 years and working as Software engineer?
Only if s/he is the member of a professional body that regulates that sector (like how Chartered Accountants are members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, etc).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

psrd
Newly Registered

Post by psrd » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:40 pm

Hi,

I have submitted the naturalisation application for my daughter. I have checked the support documents checklist and they are asking for "Proof of Parental responsibility" for my daughter.

I'm submitting my daughter's UK Birth certificate, India Passport and Parent consent form as part of application.

Can you please advise what document I can give as proof?

Thanks in advance.