ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport identity confirmation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jonnystar
Newly Registered

Passport identity confirmation

Post by Jonnystar » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:30 pm

Hi

Just a quick question, I am in the process of applying for a UK passport after getting my nationalisation approved post 1 year ILR. I realised that you need someone to countersign or have someone confirm your identity. I am applying with my wife and daughter and was wondering if

1) I can have the same person to identify all 3 of us or would I need different people on each application
2) do they check the professions for the signatories as I have a few people in mind but they are not necessarily in those professions e.g They are in HR or IT

Thanks for your help

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Passport identity confirmation

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:36 pm

1) Yes, same referee is ok.
2) Can't say what HMPO actually check - you should get somebody who fits the requirements, otherwise they may ask you to provide another referee or to re-apply.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

AnotherUUID

Post by AnotherUUID » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:30 pm

Since you mentioned you know people in IT, it may be worth asking if any of them are members of the British Computer Society. All of the following levels of membership should be acceptable to HMPO:
  • AMBCS (Associate)
  • MBCS (Professional)
  • FBCS (Fellow)
  • CITP (Chartered IT Professional)
  • CEng (Chartered Engineer)
Accepted occupations for countersignatories wrote:
  • member, associate or fellow of a professional body

Jonnystar
Newly Registered

Post by Jonnystar » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:23 am

Thanks guys, Appreciate the response.