ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Processing time confusion

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Asbal91
Newly Registered
Mood:

Processing time confusion

Post by Asbal91 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:42 am

Hello,

I’ve been scouring the boards and the pages dedicated to the timeline for the naturalisation process, however, I’m just a bit confused if they’re currently taking a little while longer?

The application is for my mother who has an Indian passport and has ILR. She has been living here since 1978 and me her son, was born here. She is over 65 so she does not have to go through the life in UK testing process.
Application details:
Date of application 27/12/20
Date of confirmation 27/12/20
Date of biometrics 22/01/21

Her case seems pretty straight forward seeing as though she has been living and working here for so long and all her children are British nationals. My question is looking through the forum most people receive their application approved letter/email 2 months after the biometrics. We’re getting to 2.5 months and not received anything right now, in fact I emailed them on the 8th March and they replied saying it still has not been assigned to a caseworker. So are they just taking a little bit longer right now? Im just a bit confused because other Non-EU peoples applications seem to be running a little quicker.

Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Processing time confusion

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:17 am

Generally processing times have been increased considerably since the pandemic started, plus waiting times for ceremonies on top of this.
Note that the UKVI "service level" is 6 months though it seems to be anywhere from two months to well beyond six months.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Asbal91
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Asbal91 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:56 am

But it seems like other applications are moving along so much quicker?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:18 pm

Asbal91 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:56 am
But it seems like other applications are moving along so much quicker?

Thanks
That may be the case - they may also have to wait another 2 to 3 months for the ceremony - also some applicants have been waiting in excess of six months. We are not privy to the UKVI internal processing rules.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

sunnysakhi
India

Post by sunnysakhi » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:30 pm

Hello asbal
My and my wifes and child biometric appointment was on 18/12/2020. It is very strange some applications go fast, some take time. It is very anxious experience. Being patient is the only option.

sunnysakhi
India

Post by sunnysakhi » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:30 pm

Hello asbal
My and my wifes and child biometric appointment was on 18/12/2020. It is very strange some applications go fast, some take time. It is very anxious experience. Being patient is the only option.

Asbal91
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Asbal91 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:23 pm

sunnysakhi wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:30 pm
Hello asbal
Have you heard anything since?

sunnysakhi
India

Post by sunnysakhi » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:05 am

Hello Asbal
For me and my wife we have today received email confirmation that our citizenship application is approved. Thank God. I hope and pray that you will receive good news as well.