ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee required who has professional standing

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sahil27singh
Newly Registered
India

Rules of good character apply to both ILR and naturalisation

Post by sahil27singh » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:34 pm

Hi all,
Wanted to clarify if the rules of good character apply to both ILR process ad citizenship application? Also, do I need to declare parking ticket of 5 years ago (which I had paid off) in each application?

Thanks,
Sahil

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: Rules of good character apply to both ILR and naturalisation

Post by THO » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:54 pm

Parking tickets are not going to affect your application, and would not even be considered especially if you have paid them, so no you don't have to declare them.

sahil27singh
Newly Registered
India

Re: Rules of good character apply to both ILR and naturalisation

Post by sahil27singh » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:29 pm

Thanks for you quick response THO. Could you also tell me about littering? I got that about 3 years ago as well. Would that need to be declared? It was paid off as well.

sahil27singh
Newly Registered
India

Referee required who has professional standing

Post by sahil27singh » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:55 pm

Hi all,

In my application for naturalisation/British passport, the online application asks for one referee who is above 25 years old and has known me for 3 years. But it also requires a "second referee details who should be a person (of any nationality) who has professional standing. This can include minister of religion, civil servant or a member of professional body such as accountant or solicitor". Can someone please tell me what occupation comes under this "professional standing". Is there a list on the Gov website stating these?
If my second referee is a clinical psychologist here in the UK with a British passport. Would that work?

Thanks,
Sahil

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Referee required who has professional standing

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:56 pm

sahil27singh wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:55 pm
Hi all,

In my application for naturalisation/British passport, the online application asks for one referee who is above 25 years old and has known me for 3 years. But it also requires a "second referee details who should be a person (of any nationality) who has professional standing. This can include minister of religion, civil servant or a member of professional body such as accountant or solicitor". Can someone please tell me what occupation comes under this "professional standing". Is there a list on the Gov website stating these?
If my second referee is a clinical psychologist here in the UK with a British passport. Would that work?

Thanks,
Sahil
Page 24 in the document in the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... y-guidance
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sahil27singh
Newly Registered
India

Post by sahil27singh » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:03 pm

Thanks for your quick response CR001.
Could I please advise me if my:
1st referee (knows me for 3 years) is the friend who is a clinical psychologist
2nd referee (with professional Standing) is a friend who is an Engineer (with university qualifications)

Would these work for the application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:07 pm

Only one referee needs to be a professional. The other must simply be over 25 and British.

If using an engineer, they must be registered with the relevant professional regulatory body.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sahil27singh
Newly Registered
India

Post by sahil27singh » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:10 pm

If I use the clinical psychologist as the professional referee. She works with NHS so I believe she'll be registered. So would that work ? Sorry im unsure as I couldnt find "psycologist" in the list of professionals that you sent earlier.

dantorrez
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by dantorrez » Mon May 03, 2021 12:11 pm

Did you end up going with a Psychologists in the end?
I'm also thinking about it. I got a friend that is a Psychotherapist graduated in Psychology and she works for the NHS and is registered in their respective professional body.
Cannot find a straight answer if that is OK or not.