ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referees URGENT

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
ajuk2017
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:42 pm

Referees URGENT

Post by ajuk2017 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:55 pm

Hi All,

I am submitting me and my wife application for naturalization together.

We have 2 family friends couple, both couples are British, 1 couple professional, another couple wife is a teacher and husband is a bus driver.

Wives of both couples are the referee of my wife and husband are the referee of myself.

Should it be OK?

Thanks for the help, please urgent as I am planning to submit the application.

Thanks for your help

ElDiablo
BANNED
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:15 pm

Re: Referees URGENT

Post by ElDiablo » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:20 pm

What exactly is the problem/question?

If they meet the requirements for a referee then they meet the requirements, it's pretty simple.

ajuk2017
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:42 pm

Re: Referees URGENT

Post by ajuk2017 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:35 am

ElDiablo wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:20 pm
What exactly is the problem/question?

If they meet the requirements for a referee then they meet the requirements, it's pretty simple.
Hi,

As both referees are couples so just bit curious that if there could be any issues that referees are relatives to each other? even though that one couple is not giving reference to a single application together.

Regards

R-graphite
Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:46 am
Mood:

Re: Referees URGENT

Post by R-graphite » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:46 am

As long as the 2 referees are not related to each other or to you and your wife i.e not family members then this should be fine. Your original post is slightly confusing. But from what I understand the 2 husbands are your referees and as long as they are not related to you or to your wife or to each other than this should be fine, same apply to the 2 other referees (the wives) for your wife.
ajuk2017 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:55 pm
Hi All,

I am submitting me and my wife application for naturalization together.

We have 2 family friends couple, both couples are British, 1 couple professional, another couple wife is a teacher and husband is a bus driver.

Wives of both couples are the referee of my wife and husband are the referee of myself.

Should it be OK?

Thanks for the help, please urgent as I am planning to submit the application.

Thanks for your help
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

ajuk2017
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:42 pm

Re: Referees URGENT

Post by ajuk2017 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:58 am

R-graphite wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:46 am
As long as the 2 referees are not related to each other or to you and your wife i.e not family members then this should be fine. Your original post is slightly confusing. But from what I understand the 2 husbands are your referees and as long as they are not related to you or to your wife or to each other than this should be fine, same apply to the 2 other referees (the wives) for your wife.
ajuk2017 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:55 pm
Hi All,

I am submitting me and my wife application for naturalization together.

We have 2 family friends couple, both couples are British, 1 couple professional, another couple wife is a teacher and husband is a bus driver.

Wives of both couples are the referee of my wife and husband are the referee of myself.

Should it be OK?

Thanks for the help, please urgent as I am planning to submit the application.

Thanks for your help

Thanks for the help

ajuk2017
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:42 pm

Required Documents

Post by ajuk2017 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:13 am

Hi,

Just a quick question.

Under required documents, they are asking to submit the BRP and also asking to submit the proof of permission to stay in the UK permanently (for this again the proof is BRP).

So submitting BRP is enough or there is a need to mention in the extra details section of the application that submitting BRP for both purposes.

Thanks for help

R-graphite
Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:46 am
Mood:

Re: Required Documents

Post by R-graphite » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:17 am

No need to mention it in the extra bit, it is enough to just submit the brp.
ajuk2017 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:13 am
Hi,

Just a quick question.

Under required documents, they are asking to submit the BRP and also asking to submit the proof of permission to stay in the UK permanently (for this again the proof is BRP).

So submitting BRP is enough or there is a need to mention in the extra details section of the application that submitting BRP for both purposes.

Thanks for help
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

ajuk2017
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:42 pm

Re: Required Documents

Post by ajuk2017 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:23 am

R-graphite wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:17 am
No need to mention it in the extra bit, it is enough to just submit the brp.
ajuk2017 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:13 am
Hi,

Just a quick question.

Under required documents, they are asking to submit the BRP and also asking to submit the proof of permission to stay in the UK permanently (for this again the proof is BRP).

So submitting BRP is enough or there is a need to mention in the extra details section of the application that submitting BRP for both purposes.

Thanks for help
Thanks.

And we can do the same with the passport? to prove Nationality and proof of living (as for both it would be the passport, the only difference to proof living I will submit my earlier expired passport too)

Regards

johnhkg
Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 am
Hong Kong

Re: Required Documents

Post by johnhkg » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:01 am

ajuk2017 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:23 am
R-graphite wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:17 am
No need to mention it in the extra bit, it is enough to just submit the brp.
ajuk2017 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:13 am
Hi,

Just a quick question.

Under required documents, they are asking to submit the BRP and also asking to submit the proof of permission to stay in the UK permanently (for this again the proof is BRP).

So submitting BRP is enough or there is a need to mention in the extra details section of the application that submitting BRP for both purposes.

Thanks for help
Thanks.

And we can do the same with the passport? to prove Nationality and proof of living (as for both it would be the passport, the only difference to proof living I will submit my earlier expired passport too)

Regards
Yes. In my case my passport was 1) proof of identity, 2) proof of freedom from immigration restrictions and 3) proof of living in UK

ajuk2017
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:42 pm

UKVCAS Document Checking Service

Post by ajuk2017 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:58 pm

Hi All,

Need your help in deciding to take the UKVCAS Document Checking Services OR NOT??

Will they be checking the documents and application? (Like the way it used to be for Nationality Checking Services)?

Thanks For Help

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79296
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UKVCAS Document Checking Service

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:11 pm

Need your help in deciding to take the UKVCAS Document Checking Services OR NOT??
The advantage is you enroll your biometrics at the appointment and you get to keep hold of your original documents.
Will they be checking the documents and application? (Like the way it used to be for Nationality Checking Services)?
Not the same as NCS no. They don't go through your application form etc. It is a scanning and biometric service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ajuk2017
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:42 pm

Re: UKVCAS Document Checking Service

Post by ajuk2017 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:11 pm
Need your help in deciding to take the UKVCAS Document Checking Services OR NOT??
The advantage is you enroll your biometrics at the appointment and you get to keep hold of your original documents.
Will they be checking the documents and application? (Like the way it used to be for Nationality Checking Services)?
Not the same as NCS no. They don't go through your application form etc. It is a scanning and biometric service.
Thanks.
Just to clarify little further, there is one service which is for free in which they do biometrics only (are they gonna give original back to us or no??)

There is a document checking service on top of biometrics for £35.

We need to ensure that we received our originals back to us after UKVCAS appointment, which route is better??

Thanks

Nerazzuri
Member
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 11:25 am

Re: Referees URGENT

Post by Nerazzuri » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:35 pm

Home Office does not get physical documents when you use UKVCAS, so you will always have your documents with you, even if it's a free appointment. Documents are expected to be scanned and uploaded to the system by you ahead of the appointment.

ajuk2017
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:42 pm

Re: Referees URGENT

Post by ajuk2017 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:48 pm

Nerazzuri wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:35 pm
Home Office does not get physical documents when you use UKVCAS, so you will always have your documents with you, even if it's a free appointment. Documents are expected to be scanned and uploaded to the system by you ahead of the appointment.
Thanks

ajuk2017
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:42 pm

Self Employment/ Ltd Company

Post by ajuk2017 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:55 pm

Hi All,

We have mentioned in the application that:

I am the Director of an Ltd Company
My wife as a Self Employed

But in our Mandatory requirements, we are not been asked to submit our Latest SA302's.

Should we submit or no need?

Thanks For Help

ajuk2017
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:42 pm

Re: Self Employment/ Ltd Company

Post by ajuk2017 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:28 pm

ajuk2017 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:55 pm
Hi All,

We have mentioned in the application that:

I am the Director of an Ltd Company
My wife as a Self Employed

But in our Mandatory requirements, we are not been asked to submit our Latest SA302's.

Should we submit or no need?

Thanks For Help
Please, any comments.

Thanks

wahi66
BANNED
Posts: 347
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:18 pm

Re: Referees URGENT

Post by wahi66 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:38 am

the citizenship application the non-eu members not really required to send these docs but if you want to add it up for your peace of mind then no harm even.
as you as you declare in the application you are good to go.

ajuk2017
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:42 pm

Documents Scanning

Post by ajuk2017 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:31 am

Thanks, Wahi66.

Hi All,

I need your help regarding the scanning of documents:

1. Should I scan documents in Colour or Grey? (I am scanning in PDF and there is no difference in file size)

2. For Proof of Nationality, I am scanning the only 1st page of the passport. Is it sufficient?

3. For Proof of Residing in the UK, I am thinking of scanning all 3 passports (all pages) where all the entry and exit stamps are showing. Shall I scan all pages of passports or only those which confirmS ENTRY and EXIT for the UK?

4. If I have to scan all 3 passports then file size will exceed the 6MB limit, shall I scan and upload 3 different files for 3 passports?

Thanks for the help.

Regards

johnhkg
Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 am
Hong Kong

Re: Documents Scanning

Post by johnhkg » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:27 pm

ajuk2017 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:31 am
Thanks, Wahi66.

Hi All,

I need your help regarding the scanning of documents:

1. Should I scan documents in Colour or Grey? (I am scanning in PDF and there is no difference in file size)

colour

2. For Proof of Nationality, I am scanning the only 1st page of the passport. Is it sufficient?

you will need to scan your passport for other reasons, but only one scanned version is enough

3. For Proof of Residing in the UK, I am thinking of scanning all 3 passports (all pages) where all the entry and exit stamps are showing. Shall I scan all pages of passports or only those which confirmS ENTRY and EXIT for the UK?

scan ALL pages, how will UKVI know that you have not got stamps on pages you decided not to scan???

4. If I have to scan all 3 passports then file size will exceed the 6MB limit, shall I scan and upload 3 different files for 3 passports?

separate the passports into different pdf files

Thanks for the help.

Regards

ajuk2017
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:42 pm

UKVCAS login still accessible after appointment

Post by ajuk2017 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:10 pm

Hi All,

I have already attended the UKVCAS appointment and have been told that documents are submitted to HO.

I did not receive any confirmation email or text message confirming my attendance of appointment.

I tried logging in to UKVCAS to check the status and amazingly it is still accessible and giving an option to upload or delete files.

What is your experience?

Thanks for Help

Nerazzuri
Member
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 11:25 am

Re: Referees URGENT

Post by Nerazzuri » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:17 pm

Yes, that's all normal. You don't get a separate notification for the appointment. And you will still have access for a long time. Don't use it or change anything on it after the appointment.

Locked
cron