ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right of Abode (within UK) - Processing Times

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Right of Abode (within UK) - Processing Times

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:15 am

Andyjayne wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:23 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:46 pm
Andyjayne wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:11 pm
Hi everyone,

I've been in the UK coming to 3 years now. I was on a student visa for 2 years and am currently on a tier 2 work visa. I decided to apply for my ROA in July this year before my tier 2 visa runs out. Its been almost 4 months since my application and have not heard anything, I have not even been asked for my biometrics. I tried calling the home office about 3 weeks ago and the person on the line was of no help, he told me the same information stated on the home office website. I have booked my flight to go home to Singapore for Christmas in December and I'm worried I won't be able to make it home this year:(

Does anyone know when we would or if we are even asked to do biometrics? I tried to use the case Id given to track my application but I can't seem to find a place to track it.

I'm going to try calling again to see if I can find out if my application has even been looked at.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Andrea
If you held/hold UK visas, how do you qualify for ROA??
My mum and grandmother are English and thus I do qualify for ROA. I applied for ROA so I don't have to keep applying for visas to work in the UK. When I came to the UK to study I was not aware of this visa and when I applied for work immediately after my degree I did not have the ability to live in the UK and not be able to work. So I applied for it now as my work visa is coming to an end.
If your mum is UK born, were you born abroad before 1 January 1983?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Andyjayne
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by Andyjayne » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:48 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:15 am
Andyjayne wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Andyjayne wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:11 pm
Hi everyone,

I've been in the UK coming to 3 years now. I was on a student visa for 2 years and am currently on a tier 2 work visa. I decided to apply for my ROA in July this year before my tier 2 visa runs out. Its been almost 4 months since my application and have not heard anything, I have not even been asked for my biometrics. I tried calling the home office about 3 weeks ago and the person on the line was of no help, he told me the same information stated on the home office website. I have booked my flight to go home to Singapore for Christmas in December and I'm worried I won't be able to make it home this year:(

Does anyone know when we would or if we are even asked to do biometrics? I tried to use the case Id given to track my application but I can't seem to find a place to track it.

I'm going to try calling again to see if I can find out if my application has even been looked at.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Andrea
My mum and grandmother are English and thus I do qualify for ROA. I applied for ROA so I don't have to keep applying for visas to work in the UK. When I came to the UK to study I was not aware of this visa and when I applied for work immediately after my degree I did not have the ability to live in the UK and not be able to work. So I applied for it now as my work visa is coming to an end.
I was born in Singapore in 1990. I was adviced by the home office that because my mum is English and had a UK passport and my grandmother is English I am able to apply for ROA.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:31 am

Andyjayne wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:48 am
CR001 wrote:
Andyjayne wrote:
CR001 wrote:

I was born in Singapore in 1990. I was adviced by the home office that because my mum is English and had a UK passport and my grandmother is English I am able to apply for ROA.
Was your mum born IN the UK or abroad?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Andyjayne
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by Andyjayne » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:22 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:31 am
Andyjayne wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Andyjayne wrote:

She was born in the UK.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:26 am

Andyjayne wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:22 am
CR001 wrote:
Andyjayne wrote:
CR001 wrote:

She was born in the UK.
You are likely British by descent and can apply for a British passport directly.

https://www.gov.uk/check-british-citize ... -stateless

https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-br ... 3-and-2006
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Andyjayne
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by Andyjayne » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:26 am
Andyjayne wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:22 am
CR001 wrote:
Andyjayne wrote:

She was born in the UK.
You are likely British by descent and can apply for a British passport directly.

https://www.gov.uk/check-british-citize ... -stateless

https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-br ... 3-and-2006
I am sadly unable to as Singapore does not allow dual nationality. Thus having to apply for right to abode.

sillyquestion
Newly Registered

Post by sillyquestion » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:10 pm

Hello, does anyone know the current processing times for CoE-RoA application? I applied for my child nearly 10 days back in India but yet to receive one. Was wondering if anyone can share their recent experience/processing times?

maleziran
Newly Registered
India

Post by maleziran » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:27 pm

Hello,
Having got the birth certificates (UK and India via HCI) and the Indian passport , I am planning to apply for ROA /COE (within UK) for my new borns.

In my opinion its seems a straightforward case , as we (parents, holding Indian passport ) have been on ILR since 4 years . We are looking to travel to India in early December this year.

However whilst filling the online form , I observe that they mention that it would take upto 6 months for most cases .

I was wondering what is the current processing times. And also if there are alternative modes to obtain the same in a shorter time-frame.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

sillyquestion
Newly Registered

Post by sillyquestion » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:11 pm

I have been trying to get a similar timeframe from others on the forum, but no response so far.

I applied for my son around 25 days back and still waiting for it. I have read on the forum that many got it within 1-2 weeks in the past, so I am little worried, although my case is quite straightforward I believe.

I will post it here once I get it for my son so that you can get a indication of current processing times.

sillyquestion
Newly Registered

Post by sillyquestion » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:29 am

Finally I received the ROA!

It took exactly 60 calendar days.

I hope this helps to understand the processing times from outside the UK at the moment.

Many thanks to all the forum members who helped in this process :)

T90

Post by T90 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:03 am

In country application.
Parents on ILR, kid born in UK.
Posted docs on 4-Nov-2020
Received docs approx on 20-Dec-2020