ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to Send the AN form ( Help!!)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

manutd666

When to Send the AN form ( Help!!)

Post by manutd666 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:43 pm

I am struggling to get an answer here, so I decided to open a new thread (it seems that’s the way it works here)
Anyway, my wife will be applying for citizenship in 2 week time, now although I am certain she fulfils the requirement, I am not sure about one point (Being physically present in the UK 3 years before the date they receive the application.
Now we are planning to send the AN form on 01 November 2010 by special delivery so the home office should receive it on 02November 2010, however we did go away 3 years ago around that date (03 November 2007 till 11 November 2007).
Now unless I am wrong, I believe this shouldn’t be a problem as she was in the UK on 02 November 2007 ( 3 years before the date they will receive the application)
Am I also right in saying, even if they receive the application on 03 November 2010 it’s still fine ( as they do not count the day you leave the UK)?
Please help me with this query. :)

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:33 pm